The Wrangler I want except...

Gibby

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
I found a Granite Sahara with most of the options I'd want locally at about 2.5% below invoice.

The only thing is it has the 7" screen and no Alpine with subwoofer. I enjoy good sounding music. Will I be disappointed?

There is a white one an hour away with everything. Decisions...
Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I found a Granite Sahara with most of the options I'd want locally at about 2.5% below invoice.

The only thing is it has the 7" screen and no Alpine with subwoofer. I enjoy good sounding music. Will I be disappointed?

There is a white one an hour away with everything. Decisions...
Drive an hour. You'll regret not getting what you want.

JJexp

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 68 Y body coupe.
Occupation
G650 driver
Get the alpine, you’ll regret not doing it. I thought I’d be able to upgrade the stock system fairly cheaply to sound decent, and that’s simply not the case.

cbr954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc Acadia Ford Edge
2.5% under would have me running away to a better deal on exactly what I wanted.

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
There are several dealers giving 6% on ordered Jeeps and what’s in their lots. I think it’s Dennis Dillion that may be closest to you but not sure. I think I saw one in Arizona too. It’s worth the trip for the savings and the ride back will break it in.

Sponsored

flyinbrian929

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just throwing it out there I have $750 in my system and it blows the alpine away. However I would have got the alpine had they had one available.

Bic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Unlimited Sport S
I may be in the minority, but I'm not entirely happy with the Alpine system. I sort of regret paying for it. My main complaint is the bass. There is A LOT of bass, but it doesn't sound very good. It's very muddy, boomy, and slow. In songs with fast bass notes (fast kicks on a bass drum in rock songs or fast bass notes in electronic music) it is sometimes hard to tell the beats apart. It sounds like one long bassy mess. I have very nice speakers and subs at home and prefer fast, tight, clean bass. It doesn't matter which source I use either. It sounds the same with every source.

If you use the word "audiophile" to describe yourself, don't get the Alpine. You won't be happy. Just get the base system and upgrade it later with better speakers. On the other hand, sound perception is subjective, and speakers that one person hates might sound amazing to another person. I recommend going to a dealer who has a JL with the Alpine and giving it a good, long audition before committing.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
My wife has the JLU Sport S with the 5" Uconnect. Of course it doesn't have the alpine upgrade either. My JLU Sport S has the 7" Uconnect with the Alpine upgrade. It's not even close. The Alpine is FAR superior to the base speakers. Also, I've read on this forum that the Alpine upgrade also gets you a more noise resistant windshield. I haven't confirmed this but my wife and I both agree that my JL is definitely quieter than hers when it comes to wind noise.

Just throwing it out there I have $750 in my system and it blows the alpine away. However I would have got the alpine had they had one available.
I totally agree with this. While the Alpine is far better than the base system, there are plenty of upgrades you can make out there to make it sound much better. I will consider upgrading mine in the future but I'm putting a higher priority on getting a lift and putting a set of 35s on my JL. For now I'm happy with the Alpine.
Sponsored