Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
  • Banned
Because summer's over, don't have anything saved for fall and between my birthday and Christmas (13 days apart), I'll be more than set with everything I don't have.

Question is, if you were to go on a solo trip (or in your cases, spouse with no kids), where would you go, as my cousin here suggests Seattle, Dad mentioned the regular spot (Aruba) and I'm right now informally polling (Aka reading everyone's replies on where and why)

Hell, you can get an idea or two yourself from this, so let's get started
Sponsored

thrsonly1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU/2013 JK
Because summer's over, don't have anything saved for fall and between my birthday and Christmas (13 days apart), I'll be more than set with everything I don't have.

Question is, if you were to go on a solo trip (or in your cases, spouse with no kids), where would you go, as my cousin here suggests Seattle, Dad mentioned the regular spot (Aruba) and I'm right now informally polling (Aka reading everyone's replies on where and why)

Hell, you can get an idea or two yourself from this, so let's get started
As an avid traveler that grew up in Jersey (still have a house in Wildwood), lives very close to Seattle but currently on an extended stay (1 year) in Qatar, i would highly suggest anywhere in Europe...Germany is always nice this time of year with Octoberfest and the Wasen in Stuttgart coming soon (September). Good luck and happy/safe travels

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
As an avid traveler that grew up in Jersey (still have a house in Wildwood), lives very close to Seattle but currently on an extended stay (1 year) in Qatar, i would highly suggest anywhere in Europe...Germany is always nice this time of year with Octoberfest and the Wasen in Stuttgart coming soon (September). Good luck and happy/safe travels
Thank you!

Never been to Germany, though if I ever got a german car, I'd take the option in a heartbeat.

Can't wait for Oktoberfest, Asbury has the Bier Garten (Even though I'm allergic to wheat/Gluten xD) and I can celebrate the little bit of German I got of me

Tell me more about Seattle though, as it's been awhile since my cousin told me about it. All I remember is in January, the weathers not too bad and there's tons of coffee shops

thrsonly1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU/2013 JK
Thank you!

Can't wait for Oktoberfest, Asbury has the Bier Garten (Even though I'm allergic to wheat/Gluten xD) and I can celebrate the little bit of German I got of me

Tell me more about Seattle though, as it's been awhile since my cousin told me about it. All I remember is in January, the weathers not too bad and there's tons of coffee shops
Well, considering that my wife just reminded me that I've barely been home for the last two years, my memories of Seattle may be a bit hazy. But, what i do remember are the people. Unlike the east coast, Seattleites are one of a kind. They are extremely friendly compared to the bridge and tunnel crowd. The weather is nice until mid November. Then it gets to this cloudy, rainy, gloomy state until May that no one there really likes but deals with it. There's always something to do in the area, no matter what your interests are. Unfortunately, football season is starting so all the bandwagon Seagirl fans will be out in droves...go G-men!

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Well, considering that my wife just reminded me that I've barely been home for the last two years, my memories of Seattle may be a bit hazy. But, what i do remember are the people. Unlike the east coast, Seattleites are one of a kind. They are extremely friendly compared to the bridge and tunnel crowd. The weather is nice until mid November. Then it gets to this cloudy, rainy, gloomy state until May that no one there really likes but deals with it. There's always something to do in the area, no matter what your interests are. Unfortunately, football season is starting so all the bandwagon Seagirl fans will be out in droves...go G-men!
Not a sports fan, but does sound interesting. Considering I carry a backpack and I'm from Jersey, I won't draw the wrong kind of attention there
Sponsored