Sponsored

Idaho The Western BOH Void

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
For those who don't look at anything other than the thread title, I'm based in Idaho.

If you look at the map you see my problem.

Cedar Tree #13 - Tillamook, OR = 454 miles
Fire Break #4 - Tillamook, OR = 454 miles
Black Tail Wild Bill - Kila, MT = 482 miles
The Rubicon - Lake Tahoe, NV = 466 miles
NINE TRAILS in Moab - Moab, UT = 601 miles
Hole in the Rock - Monticello, UT = 655 miles

That's everything official within 700 miles from Boise.

It's a shame.

What is truly needed to get even ONE trail in the middle of this void?

Jeep Wrangler JL The Western BOH Void Screenshot_20200512-135730_BadgeofHonor
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Nominate the trails near you that you would like added to the program and maybe they’ll be added. In your area I’m sure there are a number of them.

I’m 400 miles to Hot Springs in one direction and 600 to Big Bend the other way. I feel your pain.

A6423185-33C8-4B79-8FE5-A4E8CF94606B.png

OP
OP
IdahoJOAT

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nominate the trails near you that you would like added to the program and maybe they’ll be added. In your area I’m sure there are a number of them.

I’m 400 miles to Hot Springs in one direction and 600 to Big Bend the other way. I feel your pain.
Yeah ya are!

Like, so far I've read that the purpose of the BOH program is to encourage the Jeep lifestyle, therefore encouraging customer loyalty.

I also would understand that you wouldn't want to cheapen them, either through saturation or lowing of standards. Got it.

But these voids and holes? Especially in my area. Idaho, Eastern OR, NV, even WY, all have mountainous regions that are MADE for Jeeping.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yeah ya are!

Like, so far I've read that the purpose of the BOH program is to encourage the Jeep lifestyle, therefore encouraging customer loyalty.

I also would understand that you wouldn't want to cheapen them, either through saturation or lowing of standards. Got it.

But these voids and holes? Especially in my area. Idaho, Eastern OR, NV, even WY, all have mountainous regions that are MADE for Jeeping.
I get why there’s not many near me. There aren’t a lot and the ones that exist are all in private OHV parks. But in your area there are lots of trails and many on public land. I wouldn’t want every dirt road to be a BOH trail because then it’s not special. But at least 100 or so would allow for there to be more worthy trails nearby to more Jeepers. I think that the program seems like there’s minimal staff administrating it.

OP
OP
IdahoJOAT

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I get why there’s not many near me. There aren’t a lot and the ones that exist are all in private OHV parks. But in your area there are lots of trails and many on public land. I wouldn’t want every dirt road to be a BOH trail because then it’s not special. But at least 100 or so would allow for there to be more worthy trails nearby to more Jeepers. I think that the program seems like there’s minimal staff administrating it.
I agree.

They kind of need to social media it and get trusted drivers/owners that can moderate an area/region.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Do any of the trails for the Jeep Jamboree in northern Idaho meet the criteria?

OP
OP
IdahoJOAT

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do any of the trails for the Jeep Jamboree in northern Idaho meet the criteria?
I looked up criteria and I thought it was:
  1. Name
  2. Coordinates
  3. Description

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
There is no stated criteria. You simply suggest a trail by submitting coordinates, details, and any photos to BOH and that’s it. Who knows what their criteria is? You get a boilerplate reply acknowledging your submission and that’s as far as I’ve gotten.

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
As I suggested in another thread, the BoH team will be looking for depth of engagement, so the more people who've actually run the trail and can explain in their own words why it is a must-see trail for Jeepers, the more likely the trail will be considered.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Right like for those of us that go on trails..... have coordinates why not post them here so others can go out and enjoy them as well. Then we too can submit the same to the BOH department and have a much larger participation and better reception when adding trails. Just a thought.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
They removed Bethel, ME in 2018/2019 timeframe. It was listed in early 2018 in the app and they host Jeep Jamborees there. They also don’t offer a badge for White Sulfur Springs (Greenbrier), WV, another Jamboree destination.
Sponsored