The unresolved steering issues: Would this get Jeep's attention?

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
There is another "hybrid scenario" that should be included:
  • Some people (like me) have implemented DIY fixes (longer LCAs, tire PSI) and my dealer has implemented all appropriate TSBs (steering box, track bar, updated software etc)
This has worked 100% for me!
Same here as it seems to have for most folks.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
Generally, you are making overbearing statements with nothing but your opinion to support any part of

Unlike others, precision steering and handling is a must for me. "It's just a Jeep thing" is an ignorant retort for an owner accepting poor build quality and design.

I stand by my statement that the TSB has resolved for the most part all the issues. There will still be some that have modified beyond normal and some that just are lemons.

To expect precision steering and handling on a JL/JLU is unrealistic. It is a different design than a BMW or other costly car with IFS. My Ford van drives better as far as ease of steering. If your expectations are for a Wrangler to drive like a Jaguar, you are never going to be satisfied. However it is realistic for the Jeep to steer and handle safely and not jump from lane to lane. The current Jeep TSB achieves this. If they come out with an additional upgrade....that icing on the cake

Might as well wait for the Bronco Warthog to come out.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Unlike others, precision steering and handling is a must for me. "It's just a Jeep thing" is an ignorant retort for an owner accepting poor build quality and design.
While I sympathize, and was unhappy with my steering as well, I don't think that you'll ever get precision steering and handling from a Wrangler. In that context the It's-a-Jeep-thing is mostly correct.

Advertisement

Dwayne Lane's Chrysler Jeep Dodge

Advertisement