Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

@Jeepeto the turn signals and marker lights came out as clean as I'd hoped. They're not wired yet, but only because I didn't feel like pulling the liners tonight.

20211013_164838.jpg

20211013_164846.jpg

20211013_164904.jpg

20211013_171618.jpg

20211013_171627.jpg

20211013_171633.jpg

20211013_171646.jpg

Also, my replacement spare FINALLY arrived so I can get the wheels and tires on whenever I want now.

20211013_171932.jpg
I like it! I know exactly what those are, lol, i wired a few of these in red to the back of my old riding lawnmower along with a 7” light bar to mow at sunset during the hot Texas summers. Just for grins more than anything 🤣

The trail snail is coming along nicely đź‘Ś

OP
OP
TrailSnail

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I like it! I know exactly what those are, lol, i wired a few of these in red to the back of my old riding lawnmower along with a 7” light bar to mow at sunset during the hot Texas summers. Just for grins more than anything 🤣

The trail snail is coming along nicely đź‘Ś
That's awesome! I bet the guys over at ridinglawnmowerforums.com would love a writeup :CWL:

Appreciate it. I'm very excited to take it out this weekend to see if the new rubber tries to tear off my sUpEr cUsToM flares. I have a TeraFlex budget boost sitting in the garage just in case, but fingers crossed I can leave it as-is because the stance and height are pretty much perfect right now.

OP
OP
TrailSnail

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I was actually able to get rid of my spare relocation bracket entirely last night. Skinny 35s on wide wheels with 4.5" backspacing combined with the micro bumper and Energy Suspension bumpers allowed me to go back to running the OEM tire carrier by itself for the perfect light weight, low-profile solution. I'm thoroughly stoked about it!

I am not stoked about being back to a zip-tied license plate... the ARB relocation is such a joke that after 15 minutes of cutting, grinding and bending I just threw it in the trash. I'm not sure which one I'm going to get, but I've been thinking about getting the Rough Country tailgate reinforcement kit so I may just order their plate relo kit at the same time.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211020_165104

Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211020_165113

4x4tographer

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Clubs

I am not stoked about being back to a zip-tied license plate... the ARB relocation is such a joke that after 15 minutes of cutting, grinding and bending I just threw it in the trash. I'm not sure which one I'm going to get, but I've been thinking about getting the Rough Country tailgate reinforcement kit so I may just order their plate relo kit at the same time.
Build is looking really good man! You've made a ton of progress in the few short weeks since I first checked you out.

As for your license plate - check this out. It's home-brew, but having seen it in person, it works really well.

https://offroadpassport.com/forums/...-rubicon-gadget/?do=findComment&comment=51709

Similar to your build, I'm looking at Rusty's Xtreme Trail Bumper that is a "super stubby" and doesn't have provisions for a plate. I'm planning on emulating theksmith's solution over on Offroad Passport. Of course we have the added complication of a rear camera, but I'm thinking just running it "high" on the spare to keep it above the camera.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailSnail

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Build is looking really good man! You've made a ton of progress in the few short weeks since I first checked you out.

As for your license plate - check this out. It's home-brew, but having seen it in person, it works really well.

https://offroadpassport.com/forums/...-rubicon-gadget/?do=findComment&comment=51709

Similar to your build, I'm looking at Rusty's Xtreme Trail Bumper that is a "super stubby" and doesn't have provisions for a plate. I'm planning on emulating theksmith's solution over on Offroad Passport. Of course we have the added complication of a rear camera, but I'm thinking just running it "high" on the spare to keep it above the camera.
Thank you! It's definitely getting there and I can't wait to give it a good test this weekend.

I appreciate the link to his write-up, it seems like a great solution. I particularly like the idea of tool-less removal. I've got some other stuff in the garage I'm toying around with and I'll definitely keep a magnetic solution in mind. Fortunately I don't do a whole lot of night driving right now, so I'm not rushed to sort it out.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I was actually able to get rid of my spare relocation bracket entirely last night. Skinny 35s on wide wheels with 4.5" backspacing combined with the micro bumper and Energy Suspension bumpers allowed me to go back to running the OEM tire carrier by itself for the perfect light weight, low-profile solution. I'm thoroughly stoked about it!

Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211020_165113

I dig the look. đź‘Ś

Just playing devils advocate here, the spare tire being lower means it’s going to be easier to hit when coming off steep ledges. This can result in your tailgate taking damage

OP
OP
TrailSnail

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I dig the look. đź‘Ś

Just playing devils advocate here, the spare tire being lower means it’s going to be easier to hit when coming off steep ledges. This can result in your tailgate taking damage
Damn, that is very true, and I hadn't taken that into consideration. Thanks for bringing it up! I'd much rather you burst my bubble now than put the spare through the back window coming off a shelf, LOL.

I'll take some measurements tonight and ponder on it, and definitely be paying close attention
tomorrow to see how it looks on the trail. I feel like the pictures I posted accentuate how low it is, but now that I'm factoring in departure angle I may have a whole new perspective on its placement.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
TrailSnail

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

noquartergiven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S
Nice ! I love my 2 door, but your pix of the well - organized sleepable rear is making me rethink this. Dogs agree, more room,please !

Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS U1909?obj=car&wid=1200&hei=900&sharpen=1
I've been looking for a pet cargo cover for my incoming 2 door. Where did you get this one?

OP
OP
TrailSnail

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Went out last night and got back late this morning. What a run! So happy with the Snail, everything is coming together extremely well.

Friday night lights:

Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211022_181648-01
Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211022_181411-01
Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211022_181439-01
Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211022_181421-01

Saturday morning:

Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211023_070250-01
Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211023_070534-01
Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211023_071048-01
Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211023_071018-01
Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211023_071632-01
Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211023_071657-01