Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
@rcadden

I do a lot of high speed interstate highway driving... 1200 mi. or more at a pop.

I have both an Alien Sunshade (Frt) installed and a Twill, Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop.

What I do is place two, clean, neatly folded, Harbor Freight Shipping pads up in between the Sunshade and the Sunrider just before I depart on the trip...

The 2 shipping pads muffle most/much of the noise that I would undoubtedly hear when driving on my trip with the SR in the closed position at speeds 65 mph and over and in heavy crosswinds without the shipping pads.

Me too. In fact I tie the blanket to the Sunrider's latches, via the blanket's grommets, so it goes up and down with the Sunrider as a permanent noise reduction attachment.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I bought mine in December from Amazon. I bought the twill. Amazon had it on sale for $750 (black Friday/Christmas sales), Bestop was offering a $100 gift card, and I used my Chase/Amazon credit card that gave me 5% back on all purchases made on Amazon.

So I bought it even though I prefer a soft top.

It's not Lexus quiet, but I didn't buy a Lexus... the noise is fine. You hear it, but it's not obnoxious.
@Hennessey17

Good price for that Twill SR..

Yes, if you are a wheeler dealer so to speak and keep your eyes open and wheel and deal, you can save a lot of $. Long story short, but my new Twill Bestop Sunrider cost me $324.39 .... not a typo ..$324.39.

Then that Twill SR had a z clip fail. I sold it as is for $225 (told the guy z=clip as broken) and Bestop sent me a replacement Twill SR under warranty. (they did not want SR with bad clip back)...

So in the end, I paid a total of $99.39 for my Twill SR... Yes, I'm still smiling....

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Best top mod ever. I've owned numerous soft top Jeeps and have to admit that the few seconds to flip it open or closed, makes it so that I've never before have driven around with no top over my head as much as I do now. It's just a no brainer. Even if it looks like it's gonna rain, Knowing that it takes a few seconds to close, I'll drive topless until the rain starts.

Hydro Nat

First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Iā€™m considering this sunrider but I have some questions. 1. Will I be able to keep my Mopar grab handles on with this top? I wasnā€™t sure if any of the hardware gets in the way. 2. I currently have shadeidea Sun shade (One piece sun shade that goes over the speaker bar and covers the front and rear). Am I able to keep this on with the sunrider? Iā€™d still like to use the shade although it would make it difficult to open from the inside.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m considering this sunrider but I have some questions. 1. Will I be able to keep my Mopar grab handles on with this top? I wasnā€™t sure if any of the hardware gets in the way. 2. I currently have shadeidea Sun shade (One piece sun shade that goes over the speaker bar and covers the front and rear). Am I able to keep this on with the sunrider? Iā€™d still like to use the shade although it would make it difficult to open from the inside.
Yes on 1, no on 2.

@Bestop was supposed to make a retractable screen that works with the sunrider for hardtop. They even showed off a working prototype back in 2018. But alas, theyā€™ve never actually built it. The lack of a shade screen is the biggest drawback to the Sunrider for hardtop.

Sponsored

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Currently I am running the front only sadeidea with my sunrider top. While not the most ideal, it does work fine. There is enough gap on the front to latch and unlatch the top. I reach out the drivers side window to move it to the closed position. Again, not the best, but it does work.

NashJeepGal

First Name
Candy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 High Altitude
For sure no issue with Mopar grab handles, I have them too and no problems opening and closing Sunrider. I donā€™t have a sunshade, but have heard others say they had to open and close from outside when they have sunshade on. Maybe Besttop is watching this forum and will come out smith something that you can do both and keep the ease and functionality šŸ˜‰

NashJeepGal

First Name
Candy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 High Altitude
@Bestop for the Sunrider for hard top, whatā€™s the doā€˜s and donā€™ts for washing?

Ive been hand washing Jeep due to ceramic coating I have on it, but only rinse the top off.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@Bestop for the Sunrider for hard top, whatā€™s the doā€˜s and donā€™ts for washing?

Ive been hand washing Jeep due to ceramic coating I have on it, but only rinse the top off.
Don't use heavy degreasers or super waxy soaps. Do use a gentle soap. They're surprisingly easy to care for, especially the Twill. Pressure wands are okay, but don't get super close when using them.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation