Sponsored

The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here!

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Installed the sunrider today. Did not fit correctly.

- drip rails sat lower than those on the hardtop
- interfered with the doors closing
- gaps between hardtop and sunrider sufficient to see light through, near the doors
- while the screw/mounting locations did line up, there was insufficient bolt length or play to loosen/adjust/modify the install to alleviate the above issues
- one of the z-clips at the end of the wire broke (easily), while the other did not

Removed the top and will be returning it.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL

- gaps between hardtop and sunrider sufficient to see light through, near the doors
- while the screw/mounting locations did line up, there was insufficient bolt length or play to loosen/adjust/modify the install to alleviate the above issues
- one of the z-clips at the end of the wire broke (easily), while the other did not

That sounds like user error. If the doors did not close, you had the brackets installed wtong.

firemk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (Punk'n)
I agree that your problem is user error. I don’t see a way that the rails could interfere with the door if properly installed. I know from my install that the rear of the drip rail will be low if not properly aligned but it would not interfere with the door. As far as the z clip goes, I can’t comment. Mine were very sturdy.
I also agree that you should talk with your vendor and/or Bestop. I really don’t think that you have a bad / defective product.

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Like i wrote, all the holes lined up...its a super easy install...15min really. The drip rails, weather stripping, all lined up perfectly when dry fitting, but the process of screwing the top to the rail, then to the jeep, pushes the rails down. I could not loosen, adjust to realign, as the fit is very specific. Oh well. I did buy direct from Bestop

0FDA2357-B1A8-4EC1-8C90-00490C3F1605.jpeg

889D2E81-140A-4F6F-BD6B-4DD86D7D2697.jpeg

BD27EE76-82D8-4B9B-8CFB-0C8A70B60B0B.jpeg

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Like i wrote, all the holes lined up...its a super easy install...15min really. The drip rails, weather stripping, all lined up perfectly when dry fitting, but the process of screwing the top to the rail, then to the jeep, pushes the rails down. I could not loosen, adjust to realign, as the fit is very specific. Oh well. I did buy direct from Bestop

I posted an install with pictures here:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-continued-punkn-jlr.11524/page-5#post-480808

Let me know if anything stands out or helps. Also, I think Bestop is now doing the install for you? Either way I'm sure that they will make things right. The top is totally worth it, in my opinion.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

If you haven't already, please give our customer service team a call at 800-845-3567. We were off last Thursday and Friday but back in the office today. I suspect the team might be swamped today after a long weekend so if you get a prompt to leave a message just call back in 15-30 minutes.

The Sunrider can be a tight fit and a little difficult to get adjusted. Give us a call and we'll help you get it worked out.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Maybe the fasteners are incorrect, since all fit when "dry fitted", and went wonky ( technical term) when tightened up ..

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
after a week I finally got permission to mail it back to them, at my expense. I’ll never purchase anything from them.

Sponsored

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
after a week I finally got permission to mail it back to them, at my expense. I’ll never purchase anything from them.
You probably have taken advantage of their free installation special they have. It sucks that this didn't work out for you. The sunrider is a nice addition.

firemk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (Punk'n)
I agree that the Sunrider is a great addition. I find it hard to believe that you didn't just get them to do the free install. If the installer they sent actually had an issue, I believe that it would have been identified and corrected immediately. After all is said and done, it was your decision to make but at this time I find it hard to fault the product and the company.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Bestop isn’t perfect guys, no one or nothing is....maybe the guy is right? None of you would be happy to have to pay to ship an item back at your expense wether or not it was user error.

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
It’s a 15min install, 10 bolts. Like I’d wait and deal with some handyman for that...I’m a Jeep owner for god’s sake. Their communications with me disclose a lot of people have a hard time with it, a lot of Jeep owners... That’s telling. Regardless, a tiny part on it also broke. So, its overly finicky and easily breakable. Why would I want that vs the t-tops? So yeah, they made me spend $200 to ship that thing back to them...guaranteeing I will never revisit their company’s products.
Sponsored