Sponsored

The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here!

Kpunk'n

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport S 2.0T & 2021 Gladiator Rubi Diesel
Occupation
Unemployed
Vehicle Showcase
Installed mine yesterday, easy install once you get yourself oriented. Nice quality!
Sponsored

CSMYRUBICON

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl 6spd
Hey there,

I understand your concerns, and let me assure you they have all been addressed. The JK model is similar, hoever we have updated elements for the JL.

On any of our tops you should never get leaking, if you do please call us so we can troubleshoot if it is an install issue or other issue with the top. We take pride in our products, which is also why this top has taken so long to come out. We want to make sure the quality is up to our standard and yours.

For the warranty, please be sure to buy through an authorized dealer or Bestop.com - NEW only. And stay away from our products on Ebay.

Yes, people have experienced leaks. Unfortunately a lot don't know to contact us to help fix it, they just live with it or return it.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other concerns, or post here :) , I am happy to help in whatever way I can.

CassieAtBestop

Hi i have a 2018 jlur 4dr do u all give any kind of disabled combat veteran discount or anything like that, or make a soft top that has the slant at the rear end like a humvee does, i forget what there called. Anyway i just wanted to ask, i dont have a lot extra to spend if any some months and my credit hasnt been good since a divorce while overseas, but if you do can u please let me know at least i will have the info and can save for awhile to get one, traded my truck and motorcycle that bought while in military to get family an excellent vehicle that i know and can trust to get us where we need to go without worry or problems and we enjoy it greatly thank u for any info bless all of u

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just can't get my mind around paying so much for such a small item considering the full soft top can be just a few hundred more. Plus already paid for open top over the front with the hardtop so why pay again. My kids say I'm cheap, I say I am frugal and only buy something if the cost makes sense.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
@nerubi
Yea, I'll start my soft top again in April, but I have to admit... the thought about getting this passed through my mind. But then I thought of the price and how ridiculous it would be, especially since popping the panels off really isn't a bad deal until the soft top can go back on.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I took the freedom tops off a couple of times but not very often. It was always a pain in the butt to store and took up all my trunk space.

The Sunrider gets me back to sunshine on demand that my old soft top gave me in the last Jeep. Until I have a soft top, it's a relief to be able to pull the top back in seconds again. Closing just as fast and no loss of trunk space. No trying to figure out where to store the panels or worrying that they would fall and get dinged or scratched in the mean time.

I would say if you don't have a soft top, it's a no brainer. Some prefer the hard top year round for racks or just the ease of cleaning glass provides. :whoknows:

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
You have 2dr, I assume? Yea, those panels must pretty much take up the entire cargo area. It's not as big a deal with the 4dr. I usually leave them in my garage, anyway.

Anyway, just a couple more months before the soft top can go back on!

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
You have 2dr, I assume? Yea, those panels must pretty much take up the entire cargo area. It's not as big a deal with the 4dr. I usually leave them in my garage, anyway.

Anyway, just a couple more months before the soft top can go back on!
They still take up too much room on my 4 door. I'll be putting the soft top back on in late spring since we got the sunrider. I'm debating on selling the freedom panels.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I'm hoping to have a soft top this spring. :fingerscrossed:

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up with the sunrider mainly due to a few factors

1) kids not used to open air. They complained when i had freedom panels off so we would always have to bring it in the jeep with us. With the sunrider it is easier to open and close. Especially if the weather gets cold for them
2) Wife wants the ease of the hardtop rear window. She didnt want to deal w/ the process of removing the soft rear window.
3) We will be getting a roof rack eventually cause there isnt enough space in the jeep with 2 adults 2 kids and a dog to store all our gear.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
They still take up too much room on my 4 door. I'll be putting the soft top back on in late spring since we got the sunrider. I'm debating on selling the freedom panels.
More power to you, man. To each his own. Getting some cash for the freedom panels would help recoup some of this, obviously. Might be a limited market looking for just freedom panels, though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey there,

First, thank you for your service.

We don't do any special discounts, but some of our distributors like Morris 4x4 Center do.

I would suggest checking out our Trektop, it has the slant back and is now available for your Jeep.

https://www.bestop.com/jl-trektop

CassieAtBestop

Hi i have a 2018 jlur 4dr do u all give any kind of disabled combat veteran discount or anything like that, or make a soft top that has the slant at the rear end like a humvee does, i forget what there called. Anyway i just wanted to ask, i dont have a lot extra to spend if any some months and my credit hasnt been good since a divorce while overseas, but if you do can u please let me know at least i will have the info and can save for awhile to get one, traded my truck and motorcycle that bought while in military to get family an excellent vehicle that i know and can trust to get us where we need to go without worry or problems and we enjoy it greatly thank u for any info bless all of u

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Just finished a 4,000 mile road trip in my new JLUR, which I had picked up on 12/7. The SR was an excellent addition. I’m very pleased that I had installed it prior to the trip. Drove through high winds, rain, and snow. The SR never gave me any issues.

My freedom tops have been stored in the OEM storage bag since the first week. They may never see day light again. Looking forward to the expecting retractable sun screen.

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I had a nice weekend here and finally installed mine. Really happy with it, and I can put up with a little more road noise for the open air feeling. I'm also looking forward to the retractable sun shade.

I think @Rhinebeck01 mentioned that the Bestop emblems came off easily for him in cold weather. I won't get very cold temperatures here - has anyone else tried removing them with success or does anyone have any tips? I'd prefer the look without them, but if I may make things worse by trying to remove them I guess I'll get use to them. (Sorry Bestop - hope you don't read this!).

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@AlamedaJeep

Jim, I assure you the logo emblem(s) will pry up and off easily. Even if not cold..

Be sure to use something plastic as a pry tool, so you do not marr the Bestop. It will have to be a sturdy plastic pry tool, not a flimsy tool.
You can place a piece of masking tape around the emblem to assure your pry tool does not marr the surface. The surface is hard and not prone to damage so...

Place the tip of your plastic pry tool, under the edge of the emblems side and pry upward forcefully.

You will see the side of the emblem lift.... now, just work the emblem up more and more and ultimately, off.

The emblem comes off quite easily so don't let this removal process description scare you from doing the emblem removal.

--Bestop should have made their logo emblem a less of an eye sore and most would leave the logo attached. They chose to make it shiny as hell though.. for sure an eyesore.

I use a pry tool like this:

63594_I.jpg

Prevok

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Punk'N 2.0T 2018
Occupation
IT Tech Lead in the video game industry
Vehicle Showcase
I had a nice weekend here and finally installed mine. Really happy with it, and I can put up with a little more road noise for the open air feeling. I'm also looking forward to the retractable sun shade.

I think @Rhinebeck01 mentioned that the Bestop emblems came off easily for him in cold weather. I won't get very cold temperatures here - has anyone else tried removing them with success or does anyone have any tips? I'd prefer the look without them, but if I may make things worse by trying to remove them I guess I'll get use to them. (Sorry Bestop - hope you don't read this!).
I haven't installed mine, it's currently indoor. I will install it in spring, but I have removed the emblems. It's the first thing I did after unboxing. I took a knife, got under the emblems and pushed them out. One came off as a straight piece, the other bended heavily, but did not break. Neither left a mark.

The emblem is held by cheap and thick double sided tape. Not sure how hard it will be to remove once assembled and during cold weather, but I doubt it will be super difficult.
Sponsored