Sponsored

The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here!

lsp408

First Name
Li
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUS
I am having same issue on driver side latch not able to pull down SR top against the header tight enough.

Passenger side is tight. For temporary fix, I wedge a piece of folded paper towel in between the latch hook and the part hook to. It pulled down driver side top a bit more and definitely more pressure on the driver side latch.

I’ll will try to loose up door rail bolts to see if there is any adjustment and go from there. However, as far as I know, everything fits good and no water leak so far.
Sponsored

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am having same issue on driver side latch not able to pull down SR top against the header tight enough.

Passenger side is tight. For temporary fix, I wedge a piece of folded paper towel in between the latch hook and the part hook to. It pulled down driver side top a bit more and definitely more pressure on the driver side latch.

I’ll will try to loose up door rail bolts to see if there is any adjustment and go from there. However, as far as I know, everything fits good and no water leak so far.
I had the same issue. There is an adjustment on the factory windshield. Use your Torx and loosing it up and push it towards the front of the car. Should help it latch better.

lsp408

First Name
Li
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUS
I had the same issue. There is an adjustment on the factory windshield. Use your Torx and loosing it up and push it towards the front of the car. Should help it latch better.
Thanks. It worked great. I appreciate the help

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone heard when the Bestop retractable shade for the JL will be released? I’m still sitting on my LiteBrite $75 credit from my Sunrider order which expires Jan. 31 and that’s pretty much the only thing I’m interested in using it for. @BestopTeam can you provide an update?

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Has anyone heard when the Bestop retractable shade for the JL will be released? I’m still sitting on my LiteBrite $75 credit from my Sunrider order which expires Jan. 31 and that’s pretty much the only thing I’m interested in using it for. @BestopTeam can you provide an update?
Psst.... 1/4/2019

:lipssealed:

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
If true, that would be sweet! :like:
I wasn't hinting a the Bestop retractable shade release, but more that your $75 may have expired. They may still honor it, but you will have to take that up with them.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
No ETA on the Retractable Sunshade currently.

We will honor your code when it is :)

CassieAtBestop

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
I wasn't hinting a the Bestop retractable shade release, but more that your $75 may have expired. They may still honor it, but you will have to take that up with them.
It expires Jan 31. Thanks @BestopTeam for chiming in! That would be great to keep it alive until the shade is available!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It expires Jan 31. Thanks @BestopTeam for chiming in! That would be great to keep it alive until the shade is available!
Okay so I'm in need of more caffeination. At least you now have confirmation of said discount when the retractable shade is released. :blush:

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
snip:
@WXman

Funny that most others, that have installed this product, do say noise level is different... is a bit louder, but no one has painted the SR like you.

As for me, I have driven hundreds of miles in rain, snow, all the way up to 85 mph with the SR installed and I'm not seeing at all, what you are reporting.

I might add, I'm a hypercritical 70 year old, 8-) so if anybody should be a whiner / hypercritical, it should be me.

Well, I am going to retract my comments I made in the quote above.. in regard to how quiet the Twill fabric, Bestop Sunrider for JL is..

Now that I have been running with the Bestop Sunrider for over 4,000 miles (most of those miles on the interstates going 70 mph to 85 mph) I have changed my tune big time, so so speak.

Can tell you with the Bestop Sunrider installed the noise at times can be very very bad. When you are driving into a head wind and are going say 70 mph or above (Posted speed limit is 70 mph) the cab of the JL is so noisy you can hardly hear another person talking. Forget listening to music..

I'd say most would say the noise level is unbearable. IF you are not going into a head wind and are going 70 mph+ the noise is less but still apparent and not pleasurable.

In very heavy rains and driving on the interstate at 70 mph, the noise is less, apparently because the twill material is wet ... heavier and this affects noise level. Before I forget to mention....... driving in torrential rains, at interstate speeds, no leakage what so ever.

Around town, say 60 mph minus, and the noise thing is a non issue. Geeeeez, so nice in Florida, to at a stop light, just to flip open the SR. Flips back and can be locked back down, in mere seconds. What a terrific thing to have the SR is. Again, terrific!

SOooo, with that said there is the big trade off. IF you do a lot of 70-80 mph interstate driving, be prepared to pay a big price for having a SR on the JL.

I at times, resorted to friggin ear plugs to dull the roar so to speak.

Also, yes, I'm 70 years old but not your typical 70 yo. ... my 30 year old Son who has been with me on this recent 4,000 mile road trip also resorted to earpods while we were on the interstates.. And yes, the SR is installed correctly!

In closing.. yup, my SR will stay on..... even though, I do a lot of driving on the interstates. What the SR brings to me when I'm around town, beach side (which is often) is well, well worth dealing with the noise level in the JL's cab when driving on the interstate.

20181230_113553.jpg

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I must not be as critical as I'd thought.

There is more noise than the hard top. This wind noise increases with cross winds, and I do have heavy cross winds on 93...

I still have time on 70 with some good cross winds as well.

I'm always able to have a conversation and listen to music. Volume on music is usually around 10 but I have to go up to 12 and sometimes 14 depending on winds, but nothing has stuck me as unbearable yet with the Sunrider. Love the open air in seconds...

Maybe I was use to the LJ and no chance of communication above 50? :whoknows:

I'll keep it. :beer:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Krondor

As I mentioned, I travel lots, on interstates that have posted speed at 70 mph. Normal traffic flow is usually/ often at say 80 mph +-. I drive 21+- hours, non-stop (except to gas up) often. It's at the higher speeds where the noise is at it loudest. Yes, loud but I am willing to do the trade off.

Sunrider and the SUN are a terrific pair pairing.

I have my Alien Sunshade installed under the SR at all times. They play together very, very well.

Prevok

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Punk'N 2.0T 2018
Occupation
IT Tech Lead in the video game industry
Vehicle Showcase
How does the noise compare to a soft top? I assume it should be similar.

I never owned a soft top and opted for the sunrider instead of the dual top option. I haven't received mine yet (should have it this wednesday), but I won't install it before Spring.

If similar, I am wondering if there would be ways to add some foam tape to reduce noise or if it's just inherent to soft tops.

Red-5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rebelcon
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone else's z clips break? I heard two pops the other day and I noticed the top start to be louder than normal...took a look and noticed the cabe not connected. Clean identical break on both.

IMG_9204346169239640412.jpg
Sponsored