Sponsored

The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Major FUBAR on their IT’s part. If you don’t call them and get on the “add back on the list” your order might get bumped to the back of the line. The acct rep said I might need to call back tomorrow.

Stay tuned!
They told me they'd call me back to get credit card info again. If they told me I had to call back, I'm ready to tell them just to forget it. I'm losing interest. Maybe that's the winter talking, but I've got other mods to think about, like a new Android Auto head unit for my JK. If Jeep introduces 1/2 doors, which I don't expect soon, I'll drop this sucker like a hot potato and put the 600 bucks toward those, instead. I'm also eyeballing Baja Designs new LP6 lights for my front bumper.

@BestopTeam , you'd better hurry! Black Friday is coming, and that might spell doom for this deal!
Sponsored

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
I'm thinking the marketing rep should get on here pronto to try to explain and what happened and if anything needs to be done.

See, we already have 3 different scenarios from calling them today: for me he pulled up my order got my credit info an told me he was manually entering it and I'd receive an email confirming (I haven't - just the email about them starting to ship...with the wrong phone #). Then we have Sorbs and DanW each with differing experiences. So which is it?

And you're right - if they sent a cancellation that also means they no longer have your credit information or they wouldn't have asked for it again. And why do they have to call me again to confirm? Everything is in my order...or is it?

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey guys,

So some of you have received an email in error, and then received a follow up email from us with the wrong number :facepalm: Let's just say today has been a day! :cwl:

Orders started shipping today, i posted on our Facebook and IG pages with the update... as i was coming here to post we learned of the system glitch and then had to work with that.

If you received a cancelation email please disregard, we will be contacting you directly to confirm information, however feel free to contact us at 1-800-845-3567 if you have a spare moment and don't want to wait for our call.

The good news to come from today - Sunrider for Hardtop's are starting to SHIP out TODAY!! :rock:

Please let me know if you have any questions!

CassieAtbestop

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
If you received a cancelation email please disregard, we will be contacting you directly to confirm information, however feel free to contact us at 1-800-845-3567 if you have a spare moment and don't want to wait for our call.

The good news to come from today - Sunrider for Hardtop's are starting to SHIP out TODAY!! :rock:

Please let me know if you have any questions!

CassieAtbestop
Received the following email -

Hi Bestop Family Member-

Great news, the Sunrider for Hardtop for Jeep® Wrangler JL starts shipping today! We are very excited for you to have this amazing product and we truly appreciate you choosing Bestop. Please disregard any previous emails about order cancellations. Rest assured we are preparing to ship your Sunrider for Hardtop and will be contacting you shortly to confirm your order and information. In the meantime, if you have a few free moments and would like to call us directly, we can be reached at 800-847-3567. Otherwise, keep an eye out for our call.

The Bestop Team

Fingers crossed I get a call!

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
You will be getting a call, but if you prefer feel free to call us, we are open 8am-5pm coast to coast M-F. Correct number is 1-800-845-3567. Otherwise we will be calling you shortly!

CassieAtBestop

Received the following email -

Hi Bestop Family Member-

Great news, the Sunrider for Hardtop for Jeep® Wrangler JL starts shipping today! We are very excited for you to have this amazing product and we truly appreciate you choosing Bestop. Please disregard any previous emails about order cancellations. Rest assured we are preparing to ship your Sunrider for Hardtop and will be contacting you shortly to confirm your order and information. In the meantime, if you have a few free moments and would like to call us directly, we can be reached at 800-847-3567. Otherwise, keep an eye out for our call.

The Bestop Team

Fingers crossed I get a call!

Sponsored

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
Looks like I will need to call again tomorrow. The charge went through at a higher amount than my original confirmation. Argh! I highly encourage everyone to double check their original confirmation and the charge when it processes.

Cancellation error - it happens, wrong info in followup email, hhhmmm, charge me more now - not cool. :angry:

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Can you give me a bit more info and i will look into this please? You can send me a PM if you prefer..

What were you charged and what should have been charged? and what is your full name on the order?

Thanks! CassieAtBestop

Looks like I will need to call again tomorrow. The charge went through at a higher amount than my original confirmation. Argh! I highly encourage everyone to double check their original confirmation and the charge when it processes.

Cancellation error - it happens, wrong info in followup email, hhhmmm, charge me more now - not cool. :angry:

Arctickat

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I too got the dreaded email first thing this morning. I called and was told that the order was still valid but since they didnt store cc info I would need to give them my cc info again. Once I did that the rep said Management would put me back into the que in my original spot. Well after reading this thread I checked my cc, and no there has been no charge added today and the original charge has dropped. So apart from my original order number and email confirming this order there is no record of me paying for it. Cassie, my original order was 17147. Thats the number I used today to update the cc info.

Sponsored

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Professor in the health sciences
Vehicle Showcase
I went into this purchase with a 50/50 attitude and it doesn't bother me either way. I guess the ball is in Bestop's court. If they cancel the order, that's their business and they don't want the order.. I have no desire to call them no matter what. I wouldn't repeat a credit card info over the phone either, if they lost it they lost it. Let them figure it out, not customers.

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray

Can you give me a bit more info and i will look into this please? You can send me a PM if you prefer..

What were you charged and what should have been charged? and what is your full name on the order?

Thanks! CassieAtBestop
Same thing here. When I got the cancel email I called in and spoke to Mark who at that time wasn’t aware of an issue. I had to reorder and use my card again. He said he would send an email to his manager to see if I could kee my spot in the shipping line. My credit card showed a credit of $561.49 and when I had to replace the order on the phone it came in at $647.99. He told me to keep an eye on my credit card statement to make sure I’m not charged twice.

All in all this is pretty crappy and now I have to make sure you don’t overcharge me apparently.

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
I went into this purchase with a 50/50 attitude and it doesn't bother me either way. I guess the ball is in Bestop's court. If they cancel the order, that's their business and they don't want the order.. I have no desire to call them no matter what. I wouldn't repeat a credit card info over the phone either, if they lost it they lost it. Let them figure it out, not customers.
I totally understand but I also understand that things can and do happen when least expected so knowing that they will get this all straightened out I'm ok with it now. I also still have a favorable opinion about Bestop overall.

As far as credit card info, I get what you're saying however a lot of companies no longer save this information any longer due to cyber liability (getting hacked). Think Target and all the others that have been in hot water for that. So that part makes 100% sense. The other stuff? System glitch or someone is polishing their resume right now :cwl:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Did any of you guys get the code from Litebrite for whatever bonus they were giving out? If so, what was the code and what does it get you?

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
Same thing here. When I got the cancel email I called in and spoke to Mark who at that time wasn’t aware of an issue. I had to reorder and use my card again. He said he would send an email to his manager to see if I could kee my spot in the shipping line. My credit card showed a credit of $561.49 and when I had to replace the order on the phone it came in at $647.99. He told me to keep an eye on my credit card statement to make sure I’m not charged twice.

All in all this is pretty crappy and now I have to make sure you don’t overcharge me apparently.
Holy cow. :surprised: - I only got over charged like $31 dollars and some change.
Sponsored