Sponsored

The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here!

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey there,

I get what you are saying and trust me, I am not happy about the delay either. Those that currently have a pre-order with us were contacted and were told about an additional item we are sending to apologize for the inconvenience this delay may have caused.

CassieAtBestop

Yes.... and why if there is a delay like this do you have to hear it from me.... from another customer versus a phone call from the Bestop or a post here, by the Bestop rep, saying there is a delay. Not right, @BestopTeam .

Reality is, yes, Bestop should have been "very conservative" versus blowing smoke up our arses, saying ship date would be mid Oct.. My feeling is all those that pre-ordered when told that the Sunrider would be available in mid Oct. should now be given, say a 10% discount.... a discount for inconvenience.

Sponsored

msb

First Name
Spenser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

**This post has been pending so we could attempt to contact each of our pre-order customers directly first**

We’d like to update you on the Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop for JL. We are just as excited as you to get it on people’s Jeeps, and the team is working to both increase production and begin shipping. We are pushing hard to start shipping at the end of October. We experienced an unexpected minor delay on one final production component.

As the Sunrider for Hardtop’s arrive here, we will be shipping out the orders immediately in the order we have received pre-orders.

Some people on social media are asking about products that are already out there. These aren’t full production products. We have a handful of early test products that go out before a product launch. We do this to assure ultimate quality.

If you have any questions, please let me know or feel free to PM me.

CassieAtBestop
No one contacted half the pre-order group on this forum

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
The JL has been out almost a year now. This is the same old song and dance bestop has been giving us about their products.

I'm glad I didn't pre-order. I almost took the bait. Besides, I personally think they're asking too much for that sunrider top. But what do I know, I'm just a Jeep guy looking for a trail.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey there,

Yeah.. I was just made aware of that. I apologize. You will be receiving a call, I am hoping by tomorrow, as we are trying to work out some additional exciting news for those that pre-ordered with us. I apologize, I was told they would be calling and they had stopped until this news is finalized.

CassieAtBestop

No one contacted half the pre-order group on this forum

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there,

I get what you are saying and trust me, I am not happy about the delay either. Those that currently have a pre-order with us were contacted and were told about an additional item we are sending to apologize for the inconvenience this delay may have caused.

CassieAtBestop
Nobody contacted me yet. After driving through Colorado today, I want this thing, even if after the trip. It would have been perfect for this time of year! I know I talked of canceling, but I did not make that decision yet and have decided to stick with it.

I'm not sure how I was forgotten, because I've followed up with several calls, spoke to you here, and also with whoever does the Facebook page.

Sponsored

msb

First Name
Spenser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there,

Yeah.. I was just made aware of that. I apologize. You will be receiving a call, I am hoping by tomorrow, as we are trying to work out some additional exciting news for those that pre-ordered with us. I apologize, I was told they would be calling and they had stopped until this news is finalized.

CassieAtBestop
Still no call... I called within a minute of the phone lines opening on pre-order day... this is pretty crap customer service.

msb

First Name
Spenser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there,

CassieAtBestop
La-la-la.... Still no call... Still no Communication... La-La-La this is my song.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey all!

Did you see our announcement?

Limited Time Offer for Jk and JL Sunrider for Hardtop! Now through November 30th!
  • $499 Black Diamond
  • $599 Premium Twill

For those Bestop Pre-orders, we will be refunding the difference if you have been charged, if you have not been charged we will charge you the new amount.

As for shipping... We’ve finished up our final testing, final supplier parts are on their way to the factory right now, and we’re beginning to ramp up production and working to increase capacity. Pre-orders by both consumers and our distributors will be shipped first and in the order in which they were placed. We have a significant number of orders already – orders taken now will be shipping in November.

CassieAtBestop

Swadehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock, 2019 Rubicon, 2023 392
I have the Sunrider for Hardtop for my JK and it's one of my favorite purchases. I have a 2019 JL on order and just want to make sure it will fit before pulling the trigger. Probably a stupid question, but this will fit the 2019s without issue, correct?

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey there!

When you got to the page to order, just be sure to hit the "JL" model and you wont have any issue :)

Now is the best time to buy, we have NEVER, in my 4 years here, dropped prices like this!

CassieAtBestop

I have the Sunrider for Hardtop for my JK and it's one of my favorite purchases. I have a 2019 JL on order and just want to make sure it will fit before pulling the trigger. Probably a stupid question, but this will fit the 2019s without issue, correct?

Sponsored

Chubrocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2017 JKU Sport, 2013 F150, 2004 4Runner
Just ordered, good gesture I appreciate it!

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
Thanks Cassie for the information. I just placed my order seeing this unbelievable price for the Twill fabric. I've owned mostly convertibles and love the freedom you get to drop it or not. CO weather can change in a heartbeat so this is perfect!

Chubrocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2017 JKU Sport, 2013 F150, 2004 4Runner
Thanks Cassie for the information. I just placed my order seeing this unbelievable price for the Twill fabric. I've owned mostly convertibles and love the freedom you get to drop it or not. CO weather can change in a heartbeat so this is perfect!
Same here, the price for the twill straight from Bestop got me. I had talked myself out of spending the money with the colder months coming. I have the Glide on our JKU and love the ease for open air compared to the freedom panels.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
Great news! I'm definitely going to get one of these in Black Twill for my JLUS. That said, it's so close to winter here in the mountains of NE Pennsylvania that I'm going to wait till spring to order it. There goes my tax refund check! :)
Order now, store in garage until Spring. Get $200 off. :)
Sponsored