Sponsored

The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here!

msb

First Name
Spenser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Did you try giving them a ring? I am sure you could just preorder and ship it to one of the border warehouses

Can you advise when the tops will be available in Canada?
Sponsored

GregMG79

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
Is there a forum discount for the twill Sunrider?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay, I was on vacation.

Sunrider for Hardtops ARE STILL SHIPPING IN OCTOBER :)

Actually very shortly... I will be posting on our social pages when we ship!

As for Canada, we ship to Canada! and a few of our distributors as well. As for a Canadian distributor having them, I can't tell you that exactly it all depends on when and if they order some stock. Orders are open for any distributor to place them currently. Hope that makes sense.

CassieAtBestop

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@DanW
@Everyone that pre-ordered
@BestopTeam

10/16/18 6:15pm EST

I just now, called Bestop and asked about the ship date for the guys / gals that pre-ordered the Sunrider for JL Hardtop..

Nick a rep at Bestop said, due to a "production problem with a part" that the Sunrider for JL hard top, Shipping date has been put off until sometime in "Mid-November"... :puke:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW

I once again, called Bestop and asked about the ship date for the guys / gals that pre-ordered the Sunrider for JL Hardtop..

Nick a rep at Bestop said, due to a "production problem with a part" that the Sunrider for JL hard top shipping date has been put off until sometime in "Mid-November"... :puke:
Well, either the rumors were true, or just lucky. Bummer. I am going to get mine from Morris, since I can't use it next week anyway. I'm also having thoughts of cancelling it. I don't have as great a need for it now. Not sure. I still appreciate the efforts that Cassie at Bestop made to try and get it done.

I'll be running the soft top on my trip to enjoy a little but of sunshine at times.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@DanW

I think I too will be canceling.... will not be giving my charge card info when Bestop calls in mid Nov.. I will wait til their vendors start offering better prices on the Sunrider.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW

I think I too will be canceling.... will not be giving my charge card info when they call in Nov.. I will wait til vendors start offering better prices on the Sunrider.
You know, I just don't get how businesses can't get the concept of "under promise, over deliver." I do that every day in my line of work, and people think I'm a saint. All I do is be VERY conservative on making promises and then beat my original estimate. It isn't that hard. I guess marketing people just get horny to get the word out before things can be properly engineered. Anyway, hopefully the extra time means they'll get it right.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know, I just don't get how businesses can't get the concept of "under promise, over deliver." I do that every day in my line of work, and people think I'm a saint. All I do is be VERY conservative on making promises and then beat my original estimate. It isn't that hard. I guess marketing people just get horny to get the word out before things can be properly engineered. Anyway, hopefully the extra time means they'll get it right.
Yes.... and why if there is a delay like this do you have to hear it from me.... from another customer versus a phone call from the Bestop or a post here, by the Bestop rep, saying there is a delay. Not right, @BestopTeam .

Reality is, yes, Bestop should have been "very conservative" versus blowing smoke up our arses, saying ship date would be mid Oct.. My feeling is all those that pre-ordered when told that the Sunrider would be available in mid Oct. should now be given, say a 10% discount.... a discount for inconvenience.

Sponsored

msb

First Name
Spenser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Yes.... and why if there is a delay like this do you have to hear it from me.... from another customer versus a phone call from the Bestop or a post here, by the Bestop rep, saying there is a delay. Not right, @BestopTeam .

Reality is, yes, Bestop should have been "very conservative" versus blowing smoke up our arses, saying ship date would be mid Oct.. My feeling is all those that pre-ordered when told that the Sunrider would be available in mid Oct. should now be given, say a 10% discount.... a discount for inconvenience.

I think they just gave all our preorders to their vendors and YouTube stars and then ran out of enough for the people that placed orders on launch day... still see vendors and shops posting thank yous for their JL sunrider on social media that the Bestop team keeps sharing... slap in the face if you ask me. I’ll be canceling and I’ll consider picking it up next season.

My#8andlast

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@DanW
@BestopTeam

I just now, called Bestop and asked about the ship date for the guys / gals that pre-ordered the Sunrider for JL Hardtop..

Nick a rep at Bestop said, due to a "production problem with a part" that the Sunrider for JL hard top, Shipping date has been put off until sometime in "Mid-November"... :puke:

I got the phone call today for my credit card info to complete the order. He said they will ship (for free) at the end of the month. They are also throwing in a special gift for free that will ship separately at a later date. Got the email confirmation and all is good.

msb

First Name
Spenser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I got the phone call today for my credit card info to complete the order. He said they will ship (for free) at the end of the month. They are also throwing in a special gift for free that will ship separately at a later date. Got the email confirmation and all is good.
Hmm..

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! I haven't gotten the call yet. Maybe this is the Bestop version of off road pages. I don't have those yet, either.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey all,

**This post has been pending so we could attempt to contact each of our pre-order customers directly first**

We’d like to update you on the Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop for JL. We are just as excited as you to get it on people’s Jeeps, and the team is working to both increase production and begin shipping. We are pushing hard to start shipping at the end of October. We experienced an unexpected minor delay on one final production component.

As the Sunrider for Hardtop’s arrive here, we will be shipping out the orders immediately in the order we have received pre-orders.

Some people on social media are asking about products that are already out there. These aren’t full production products. We have a handful of early test products that go out before a product launch. We do this to assure ultimate quality.

If you have any questions, please let me know or feel free to PM me.

CassieAtBestop
Sponsored