Sponsored

The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

I had our engineer put this to the test for you!

OE JL Freedom Panels are 13.85 lbs per Panel, totaling 27.70 lbs

The Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop for JL weighs in at 23.60 lbs. with the full box (shipping weight) at 32 lbs.

So essentially you will be losing weight with this replacment! Well, your Jeep will be, not you ;)

CassieAtBestop

IMG_0743.jpg
Great news, and it makes sense!

Thank you for doing this! Can't wait to try it on my Jeep!
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Hey all,

I had our engineer put this to the test for you!

OE JL Freedom Panels are 13.85 lbs per Panel, totaling 27.70 lbs

The Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop for JL weighs in at 23.60 lbs. with the full box (shipping weight) at 32 lbs.

So essentially you will be losing weight with this replacment! Well, your Jeep will be, not you ;)

CassieAtBestop

IMG_0743.jpg

@BestopTeam
@CassieAtBestop

I think you may have posted misinformation in regard to the weight(s) of the OEM Freedom Panels on a JL .... again a JL.

Suggest you have your engineer go weigh the Freedom Panels off of a JL ... not off of a JK.

Per forum posts here over the last few months, your 27.70 pounds combined weight for the JL Freedom Panels is incorrect.

My Driver's side Freedom Panel weights 11.6 lbs..... give or take a couple of ounces.

At least your scale has told us the weight of the Sunrider for JL. Your rep when I called last week gave me a totally different weight for the Sunrider for JL.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@DanW
@BestopTeam

23.60 lbs. is the weight of the JL Sunrider, based on the picture, (it is suppose to be the JL Sunrider in the pic) just posted by Bestop. That is good to know. 23.60 lbs is not a bad weight at all..

Just the other day in a phone call with a Bestop rep, the weight of the Sunrider for JL, itself, was said to be just under 38#.

Unfortunately, I took the 38# I was told and posted it in this thread. I also posted incorrect weight info in regard to the weight of the JL Freedom Panels. I got the Freedom Panel weights from a forum member..

Anyway, the Bestop Rep also just posted incorrect weights in regard to the Freedom Panels. They do not weigh 27.70 total as she states!

I suggest that if you and others are concerned about weight, to weigh your Freedom Panels yourself..

It does look like the Sunrider for JL will be about the same weight as the two JL Freedom Panels combined and not less.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW
@BestopTeam

23.60 lbs. is the weight of the JL Sunrider, based on the picture, (it is suppose to be the JL Sunrider in the pic) just posted by Bestop. That is good to know. 23.60 lbs is not a bad weight at all..

Just the other day in a phone call with a Bestop rep, the weight of the Sunrider for JL, itself, was said to be just under 38#.

Unfortunately, I took the 38# I was told and posted it in this thread. I also posted incorrect weight info in regard to the weight of the JL Freedom Panels. I got the Freedom Panel weights from a forum member..

Anyway, the Bestop Rep also just posted incorrect weights in regard to the Freedom Panels. They do not weigh 27.70 total as she states!

I suggest that if you and others are concerned about weight, to weigh your Freedom Panels yourself..

It does look like the Sunrider for JL will be about the same weight as the two JL Freedom Panels combined and not less.

It sounds like it is close, so if it is essentially a wash, I'm very happy. I do know that the JL's panels are somewhat lighter than the JK. I have removed both, back to back.

Sponsored

themattparty

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Are there any pictures available with the hardtop off? I am interested to see what this looks like when you remove the hard top.

BillXM

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited Sport JL
Winter is around the corner so I think come spring I’ll get one for my JLUS

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
Winter is around the corner so I think come spring I’ll get one for my JLUS
Ditto! I already have enough stuff in my garage that I can only stare at all winter long! :)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just saw this posted in a Bestop vendor / a sponsor here's thread.

Per Rebel Offroad:
Pre-Order - Twill Ships Nov. 10 - Black Diamond Ships Dec. 10

-----

@BestopTeam I thought Bestop had said shipping would start in Oct... What is Bestop saying today, in regard to expected ship dates?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw this posted in a Bestop vendor / a sponsor here's thread.

Per Rebel Offroad:
Pre-Order - Twill Ships Nov. 10 - Black Diamond Ships Dec. 10

-----

@BestopTeam I thought Bestop had said shipping would start in Oct... What is Bestop saying today, in regard to expected ship dates?
Interesting. I ordered direct from Bestop and told them I'm leaving for Moab October 18 and really want it before then. They told me not to worry and that I'd have it in time to install it and take it on the trip. They asked for me to send pictures using it. Maybe direct orders will be filled and shipped before vendors are able to get them, inventory them, and ship them?

I hope installation isn't too complicated. Anyone do one on the JK?

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. I ordered direct from Bestop and told them I'm leaving for Moab October 18 and really want it before then. They told me not to worry and that I'd have it in time to install it and take it on the trip. They asked for me to send pictures using it. Maybe direct orders will be filled and shipped before vendors are able to get them, inventory them, and ship them?

I hope installation isn't too complicated. Anyone do one on the JK?
@Kevin8086 told me today that it is easy, so I'm pretty stoked to get it and get it on the JL.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@DanW

9/25/18 12:10pm EST

I just called Bestop and asked about the ship date for the guys / gals that pre-ordered the Sunrider for JL Hardtop..

I told the rep that a vendor(s) were posting Nov and Dec ship dates for the Sunrider for JL hard top, depending which top you ordered.. (Twill or Vinyl)...

I was told that they will ship mid October as we were told early on!

The Bestop rep, also told me what I had thought,.... that if you purchase from a vendor like Quadratec, etc. , that those Sunrider orders would be shipped after the Bestop sales department per-orders were all shipped.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW

9/25/18 12:10pm EST

I just called Bestop and asked about the ship date for the guys / gals that pre-ordered the Sunrider for JL Hardtop..

I told the rep that a vendor(s) were posting Nov and Dec ship dates for the Sunrider for JL hard top, depending which top you ordered.. (Twill or Vinyl)...

I was told that they will ship mid October as we were told early on!

The Bestop rep, also told me what I had thought,.... that if you purchase from a vendor like Quadratec, etc. , that those Sunrider orders would be shipped after the Bestop sales department per-orders were all shipped.

Great! My fingers are crossed! I can see myself, fueled on black coffee and peanut M&Ms, installing it the evening of the 17th, the day we depart for Moab! Yikes! If that's the case, I'll still be happy!

Thanks for checking on it!

Rideau

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL unlimited
The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here
1f525.png

Pre-order yours by calling 1-800-845-3567
1f64c.png

OPEN AIR IN A MATTER OF SECONDS.
The Sunrider for Hardtop is the industry's first all-purpose, all-weather, year-round replacement for bulky freedom panels. It fits the NEW JL Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited with a factory hardtop. The unique folding design lets you flip the panel back for an open-sky. Make your Jeep Wrangler a convertible today!

• Available in Black Diamond a $699
  • Available in Black Twill at $849
https://www.bestop.com/sunrider-for-hardtop-jl-wrangler

Happy to answer any questions you have, this fits the two and 4 door JLs with or without your hardtop!

CassieAtBestop

JLSFH3.jpg

JLSFH4.jpg
Can you advise when the tops will be available in Canada?
Sponsored