Sponsored

The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here!

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here
1f525.png

Pre-order yours by calling 1-800-845-3567
1f64c.png

OPEN AIR IN A MATTER OF SECONDS.
The Sunrider for Hardtop is the industry's first all-purpose, all-weather, year-round replacement for bulky freedom panels. It fits the NEW JL Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited with a factory hardtop. The unique folding design lets you flip the panel back for an open-sky. Make your Jeep Wrangler a convertible today!

• Available in Black Diamond a $699
  • Available in Black Twill at $849
https://www.bestop.com/sunrider-for-hardtop-jl-wrangler

Happy to answer any questions you have, this fits the two and 4 door JLs with or without your hardtop!

CassieAtBestop

JLSFH3.jpg

JLSFH4.jpg
Sponsored

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Two questions I have:

Whats the noise level difference between this and hardtop panels? Is it nothing at all, a few dbs, etc.

Second - whats the difference between the twill and diamond? I can't find anything on the site that clearly spells out the difference (e.g. less noise? more waterproof? more durable? whats driving up the price on it)

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
but, but, but, Cassie (wait, metaphorically clear mouth of saliva consistent with smell of food after not eating for days) I thought (he says like a Puppy when he pees on the floor after his master comes home) we were looking at Fall '19 release? (not that I'm complaining!)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I know the twill is nicer than the black diamond, but do they differ in long-term durability?

Sponsored

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
I know the twill is nicer than the black diamond, but do they differ in long-term durability?
Yeah, i'm trying to figure out what "nicer" means - less noise? more durable? more watertight?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
We can't comment on the noise difference as we have not tested the Freedom Panels to the Sunrider. On the JK Sunrider for Hardtop people comment that you can't tell much of a difference.

The Black Diamond is similar to the feel of a basketball, and the under part of the top is white. the Twill is a thicker, more premium fabric and has black on the underpart of the top. The Twill has a Limited Lifetime Warranty while the Black Diamond is a 5 year warranty.

Honestly, I prefer the Twill on my tops that I run, i feel like it is quieter since the fabric is thicker. The look is more premium as well, both are the same when it comes to water. When installed correctly you will not get any leaking or wind noise, usually when that happens something isn't installed correctly or there is a rare manufacturing defect - all covered under warranty.

I hope that helps!

CassieAtBestop

Two questions I have:

Whats the noise level difference between this and hardtop panels? Is it nothing at all, a few dbs, etc.

Second - whats the difference between the twill and diamond? I can't find anything on the site that clearly spells out the difference (e.g. less noise? more waterproof? more durable? whats driving up the price on it)

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Take your Freedom Panels off and that will be the noise when this is open :)

the top does not create any additional noise or whistling.

CassieAtBestop

I'm curious how wind noise is at highway speeds with that thing open....

other than that, I'm sold

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Fall 2019?!?! I think someone was pulling your chain!

this will ship in October and the Trektop NX will be available the first part of 2019.

BTW, love the overly descriptive post :cwl:

CassieAtBestop

but, but, but, Cassie (wait, metaphorically clear mouth of saliva consistent with smell of food after not eating for days) I thought (he says like a Puppy when he pees on the floor after his master comes home) we were looking at Fall '19 release? (not that I'm complaining!)

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
Great news! I'm definitely going to get one of these in Black Twill for my JLUS. That said, it's so close to winter here in the mountains of NE Pennsylvania that I'm going to wait till spring to order it. There goes my tax refund check! :)