Sponsored

The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Z clip broke on me now its leaking. Thing is only about 15 months old so going to see what Bestop says my options are
@HeisenbergFX4

Providing you purchased the Bestop Sunrider new and did not buy a used one from someone.......

Bestop will ask you to email them for a receipt of purchase and they will ask that you send them pictures via email that show clearly the z-clip is broken.

If you purchased from Bestop directly, they will ask for your order number in lew of a receipt of purchase..

Then, Bestop will send a replacement SR right out to you.

They will not require that you send back the SR with the broken z-clip.

Bestop Customer Service / warranty is very good.

Sponsored

HeisenbergFX4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4XE 2021 Infinity QX80
@HeisenbergFX4

Providing you purchased the Bestop Sunrider new and did not buy a used one from someone.......

Bestop will ask you to email them for a receipt of purchase and they will ask that you send them pictures via email that show clearly the z-clip is broken.

If you purchased from Bestop directly, they will ask for your order number in lew of a receipt of purchase..

Then, Bestop will send a replacement SR right out to you.

They will not require that you send back the SR with the broken z-clip.

Bestop Customer Service / warranty is very good.

I purchased it new from Amazon and did reach out to Bestop Customer Service with a copy of sale receipt and pictures showing the broken clip so hopefully things go well, will update when I get an answer

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I purchased it new from Amazon and did reach out to Bestop Customer Service with a copy of sale receipt and pictures showing the broken clip so hopefully things go well, will update when I get an answer
I’ll confirm this is the process. Same thing happened to me.

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Apologies if this question has been raised, either on this long thread or elsewhere:

What is my broken "Z" clip Bestop Sunrider was purchased by me from Bestop directly, but I cannot find the sales receipt.

Given that this transaction was/is on Bestop's books, do you think they will still accommodate me despite lack of proof of sale?

Thank you.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Apologies if this question has been raised, either on this long thread or elsewhere:

What is my broken "Z" clip Bestop Sunrider was purchased by me from Bestop directly, but I cannot find the sales receipt.

Given that this transaction was/is on Bestop's books, do you think they will still accommodate me despite lack of proof of sale?

Thank you.
They should have a record. Give them a call.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thank you.
@Fudster

IF you purchased from Bestop, they will have you in their system and will not ask you to show them a receipt of purchase.

Just call Bestop Customer Service. YES, they will ask you to provide pics showing z-clip missing from end of cable, etc. Bestop Customer Service is very good and easy to deal with.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

Thank you.
Give our CS team a call and they'll help dig up a record of the purchase. Their number is 800-845-3567 and are in the office between 8am-5pm Mountain Monday through Friday.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

HeisenbergFX4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thank you.
They are really swamped atm as I sent in my pics on the 7th and havent heard back yet

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are really swamped atm as I sent in my pics on the 7th and havent heard back yet
@HeisenbergFX4

Sounds to me like you need to get on the phone and call Bestop Customer Service back.

You would not see me sitting around for 10 days, patiently awaiting a call back from Bestop. Your email with pics/claim may have gotten misplaced, overlooked, etc.. A rep dropping the ball, etc..

I always have had Bestop remedy an issue very quickly... a day or two at most.

HeisenbergFX4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@HeisenbergFX4

Sounds to me like you need to get on the phone and call Bestop Customer Service back.

You would not see me sitting around for 10 days, patiently awaiting a call back from Bestop. Your email with pics/claim may have gotten misplaced, overlooked, etc.. A rep dropping the ball, etc..

I always have had Bestop remedy an issue very quickly... a day or two at most.
I will follow up fairly soon as I don't want to be a dick as their return automated email said they were swamped and give them some time.

Its not urgent as the top only leaks somewhat in pretty hard driving rain so I can be a little patient

EDIT - I received an automated email from Bestop today saying it had been more than 2 days since they had replied to me and they were still working on it but I could call if I wanted faster service which I did and within 15 minutes of talking to them I am having a new one shipped to me.

Amazing Customer Service love it

Last edited:

Sponsored

HeisenbergFX4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just another follow up

I spoke the customer service on the 17th and the lady I spoke with said they had these Sunriders in stock and would be shipping one out first thing the following morning and I would get a tracking number emailed to me when shipped.

I got an email saying I had an order confirmation number (which I havent found a way to follow up on their site checking an order) but the next day no tracking number.

She told me over the phone to give it 3-5 business days to arrive.

Well today I sat in online chat waiting for a rep for 3 hours and I asked about my order and this rep told me the tops were not in stock and one wouldn't go out until middle of Sept.

When I asked why the other person told me they were they basically repeated what they told me then ended the chat.

Still happy they are supposedly sending me a replacement but communication is for sure lacking

HeisenbergFX4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a follow up

I talked to customer service today and asked if had any more info on my order confirmation number and the lady said they now have them in stock (have been told that before) but no eta for shipping. I explained to her I was leaving on the 24th for a 2 week vacation and if this thing couldn't get here by then I would prefer they didn't ship it as I didn't want it sitting at the end of my drive for 2 weeks.

She just replied saying she would add a note to try and get it shipped right away and should get it within 10 business days which thats going to be cutting it close.

I love they intend on shipping me a new one just wish they communicated better as losing faith in this company

Last edited:

El-Jefes-Red-Rubi

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon
LiteBrite's video was laughable at best .... You got to be kidding me...

Do the install, and you will know what I am saying.

That video totally drops the ball in regard to an accurate depiction of the Sunrider SR install. Again, laughable ..... I sat and watched and said "this is a bunch of chiitt" the whole time I watched it.

@Bubba33

I just laid the SR and all the parts on top of a large shipping pad on the garage floor. Got down on my knees and did the deed. Sure, if you have a higher surface that is big enough, go for it..

As for the Z-Clips on either end of the wire. NO, it is not physically hard to install them. No, not that big a deal to do. Yes, takes a few minutes to figure out how to get the Z-Clips in place, once you figure how to get them in the hole past the edge of the gutter... then you have to keep the Z-Clip in place while you get the piece bolted up. The plastic tape does a very poor job of retaining the clip in the crevice. Hard to explain but once you do it you will understand.

The single wire cable with Z-Clip's on each end protrudes out of each side of the SR. Just grab one end with a plier and pull firmly (don't get crazy with it, don't damage the cable with the pliers) the Z-Clip til you get say 1.5 inches of slack. At the 1.5" mark, use a vice grip to grab the cable and then lock your vice grip. Of course, clamp but no to tight, as to damage the wire.

After you did the above, eye ball what you have and get the Z-Clip installed and the thing bolted up. Not hard but a little like a puzzle. I'd say it will take you about 30 mins., to get it assembled. 30 minutes and much of that time cussing under your breath, staring at the thing, fumbling with it, and then just getting it done.

The actual getting the assembled SR installed on the JL is easy easy and takes but a few minutes. Nothing to it..

Oh, two things... You might want to put a piece of black tape over the BESTOP logo on each side rail. Doing this will prevent your vice grip from scratching the black off of the logo edges with your vice grip were it to contact the logo. (I saw so the possibility so applied tape before damage.

Also, the logo is on the end that is to the rear.

Take a moment before you do the Z-Clips to take the side pieces that you will be attaching to the SR and take them to the JL and just see how/where they will reside when you put the SR up there for the first time. This way you will know ahead of time which plastic arm goes on which side of the SR.

My cables broke. Do you know how long the z cable is? There are lawnmower cables with “z” on both ends if I could find the right length. TIA

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My cables broke. Do you know how long the z cable is? There are lawnmower cables with “z” on both ends if I could find the right length. TIA
I do not know exactly. It is a single cable that runs from one side all the way over to the other side.
There is a z-clip on each end of the cable.

El-Jefes-Red-Rubi

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon
I do not know exactly. It is a single cable that runs from one side all the way over to the other side.
There is a z-clip on each end of the cable.
Gotcha so that’s pretty long. I notice a lot of lawnmower cables are “z” on both ends but doubt they are long enough.
Sponsored

Last edited: