Sponsored

The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here!

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
I tend to baby my Jeep as it's garage kept, but I'm sure you will not even see issues if left outside. Fairly stout material.
Yeah mine is pretty babied and garaged as well so it should look good for quite a while. Thanks again 👍
Sponsored

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
Sorry if I missed it. But can this be left on if the rear hard top on a JLU is removed? Or does it need to be removed as well?

Thanks!

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Sorry if I missed it. But can this be left on if the rear hard top on a JLU is removed?
It's not designed for that type of use. There is a clamp/mount that holds the back of the Sunrider to the hardtop.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
Mine is set to be delivered tomorrow, but I will be out of town for a week, so...I guess I have another project when I get back home. I'm in the mud a lot, and will only have it on maybe 3 months out of the year. So I went with Black diamond. Not being a dark black may actually work in Sting Grays favor.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Been meaning to post this for about 3 yrs now.. :like:

Just wanted to mention that the 16 fl. oz. container of 303 Fabric guard has plenty enough product to do the Bestop Sunrider. Actually, with the 16 fl.oz. container, I can do 3 coats to the SR (letting dry say an hour between coats) and then trash the container.

Yes, I know it is less expensive buying the 32 fl. oz. bottle but, I wonder just how well the product stores, after the seal is broken on the bottle. I only apply bi-yearly so... anyway, with that said, I buy the 16 fl. oz. from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JG3OHVK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jeep Wrangler JL The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here! 816w9J-M74L._AC_SL1500_

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So, received my Sunrider about a month ago. Took delivery of the Jeep yesterday and made an attempt to install the Sunrider. Unfortunately, the plastic piece across the front of the top was broken when I pulled it out of the box. I reached out to Quadratec (where I purchased it) and they said to go right to Bestop. Bestop said to send pics and proof of purchase, which I’ve done. Hoping they can get the replacement part out soon.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
So, received my Sunrider about a month ago. Took delivery of the Jeep yesterday and made an attempt to install the Sunrider. Unfortunately, the plastic piece across the front of the top was broken when I pulled it out of the box. I reached out to Quadratec (where I purchased it) and they said to go right to Bestop. Bestop said to send pics and proof of purchase, which I’ve done. Hoping they can get the replacement part out soon.
They are a top notch company and are always quick to resolve issues.

You're going to love it. :like:

2021Nacho

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlu Rubicon, 2015 Jk sport
Occupation
Semi-retired
We have one on the jk...this is a must have for the jlu. We've had the twill top on our jk year round for almost 4 years...still fits and looks great.

Sponsored

Paul uk

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I too have the creaking noise from the clamp on the speaker bar behind my head when the roof is closed. It’s driving me crazy. I added some felt pads to it but that didn’t help. Can anyone offer some ideas?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I too have the creaking noise from the clamp on the speaker bar behind my head when the roof is closed. It’s driving me crazy. I added some felt pads to it but that didn’t help. Can anyone offer some ideas?
I just noticed this the other day, does not seem constant but it does get your attention.

I even took the top off and cleaned all the seals again and reinstalled and torqued to spec and still there.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Mine is now 3 months old and I have driven off road. No creaks.

Last edited:

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Unfortunately it’s normal. The top contracts and expands with the weather and this one area seems to be affected by that. On mine, it’s noticeable when extremely cold and goes away once the temperature is above 45-50.