Sponsored

The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here!

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I have been trying to get one.
The Australian distributor cannot get any.
Amazon.com.au did sell them at one stage but they are no longer available.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Well, for those in the Northeast, Bestop Sunrider for JL, time of year is almost here... Finally...

Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop..... my most favorite add on... Installed mine on 11/20/18.... driven over 25,000 miles with it on.... Still lovin it!!

@Bestop

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Well, for those in the Northeast, Bestop Sunrider for JL, time of year is almost here... Finally...
Indeed!!! Just installed my new sunshade over the weekend and I'm ready for the season.

Unfortunately, it's only 30 degrees here today. :(

Just have to wait a few more days.

The Sunrider for Hardtop has been the best investment I've made for my previous JK and for my JL.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I was just thinking back about the changes on my Jeep, and I still think the Sunrider was one of the best.

Absolutely love having easy access to open air. No stopping and storing the freedom panels. Just open and go. Starting to rain? It shuts just as fast.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
LOL . . . My Freedom panels have not seen daylight since the first week after my Jeep was delivered in early December of 2018. My Sunrider box was sitting in the garage awaiting the delivery of the Jeep.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I now have the Sunrider and I love it!

open.jpg
closed.jpg
@Joe98

Indeed, the Bestop Sunrider is terrific... The one and only complain I have, is the LOGO on it..

IF, you too, don't care for logos....You might want to remove the gaudy warning decal off the inner Sunrider frame and also the friggin shiny Bestop logo before they kinda grow there and are harder to remove. Both come off easy when you remove soon, after the SR is delivered/installed. They pull/pry right off..

Jeep Wrangler JL The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here! qr-code

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered mine. Can't wait to use it!
You will love the Bestop Sunrider for JL..... I have had one on my JL, since 11/18 ... have had it on for over 35,000 miles... Only shortcoming, if you want to call it that, (well worth the tradeoff) is a tad bit more cabin noise when driving with the SR closed at 65 mph and over...

I have to install another one this Thur. when it arrives at my place.. This will be the third one I have built and installed...

Geeeez, I'm not looking forward to doing the Z-Clip dance again... It's well well worth it though...

Get the most current install instructions and read a few times, while you are waiting for the SR to arrive:http://assets.bestop.com/files/_bes...ms.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=forum

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered mine. Can't wait to use it!
@CNDJeepLife

You might want to watch this particular Sunrider install video. Unlike many of the install videos out there, this one shows the current and correct way to do the install.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Cdnjeep

Looked over my install notes/pics just now and saw this picture of the Bestop Latch..

When you look at the picture you will see two yellow arrows that point to 2 bolts, whose heads are covered with felt..

Once you install the Bestop Sunrider for JL, when you go to latch it... and you find one side does not seem to grasp the SR as firmly, you can make a slight adjustment, that will make that particular side more firm. (More often then not you will not need to adjust the latches)

Anyway, just peel off the felt circle (protect the felt's sticky side as you will want to reapply it) and then loosen the bolt that the felt covers slightly and make an adjustment.. There is only a little bit of adjustment you can do, but doing the slight adjustment can help firm up the latch. Be sure to put the felt patch back on the bolt head after adjusting..

Jeep Wrangler JL The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here! adjust latch

CNDJeepLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
@Cdnjeep

Looked over my install notes/pics just now and saw this picture of the Bestop Latch..

When you look at the picture you will see two yellow arrows that point to 2 bolts, whose heads are covered with felt..

Once you install the Bestop Sunrider for JL, when you go to latch it... and you find one side does not seem to grasp the SR as firmly, you can make a slight adjustment, that will make that particular side more firm. (More often then not you will not need to adjust the latches)

Anyway, just peel off the felt circle (protect the felt's sticky side as you will want to reapply it) and then loosen the bolt that the felt covers slightly and make an adjustment.. There is only a little bit of adjustment you can do, but doing the slight adjustment can help firm up the latch. Be sure to put the felt patch back on the bolt head after adjusting..

Jeep Wrangler JL The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here! adjust latch

Thank you for the all the information. This will most likely save me some time and frustration. Much appreciated.
Sponsored