Sponsored

The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Look at the one from the install video. I took a clip below. There must be at least 3 different versions. In any case, there has to be a future use for those, right?

Jeep Wrangler JL The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here! JL SR
Well, Bestop was taking smack about a retractable sunshade and then they said they were not gonna have.

Did you debadge your SR. Do before adhesive ages and it is hard to get off. Looks more factory without logo.

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
Well, Bestop was taking smack about a retractable sunshade and then they said they were not gonna have.

Did you debadge your SR. Do before adhesive ages and it is hard to get off. Looks more factory without logo.
I left the logo on, I'll take a look at it tonight see if it's going or staying. I have no idea how the sunshade mounted on the JK versions, but at least there is some hardware there if they change their mind. I'm just trying to be positive. Wishful thinking.

Arisdocjk

First Name
Aris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu sport
Hey Bestop! Love my sunrider for hardtop. This is the fifth one I have purchased for our various jeeps. I had some problems with mine and sent Bestop some pictures and my invoice. That was over 3 weeks ago and I have still not received any replacement parts. I sent two emails this week with no response. Case number is 90903. Can you help me out?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Bestop! Love my sunrider for hardtop. This is the fifth one I have purchased for our various jeeps. I had some problems with mine and sent Bestop some pictures and my invoice. That was over 3 weeks ago and I have still not received any replacement parts. I sent two emails this week with no response. Case number is 90903. Can you help me out?
@Bestop
@Arisdocjk

Not sure if you have done so, but...... CALL Bestop and talk to their rep on the phone.
Bestop: Ph. 800-845-3567

I have found that Bestop is very customer oriented and that they will go out of their way to remedy an issue / to keep the Customer happy.

Sometimes a phone call is the best, especially these days when things everywhere are a muck so to speak..

If your conversation with the rep, does not float your boat so to speak, ask the rep, politely to transfer the call to a Supervisor. They are quick to do so and their Supervisors, especially, want to see you happy with Bestop.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Arisdocjk

First Name
Aris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu sport
I called and they are taking care of everything. Awesome company! Excellent customer service!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called and they are taking care of everything. Awesome company! Excellent customer service!
@Bestop
@Arisdocjk

Great!

I knew without doubt, that Bestop would take care of you. I have dealt with them a few times and they always lets say, "kept me happy" ... did all they could to satisfy the customer.

DO post back when you get your parts, so all here know..

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Sunrider performance in the snow belt? Do folks leave this on all winter?

i just moved to Colorado from South Texas ....... Colorado sun deserves a sunrider....... can it stay on all winter and handle snow ok?

is it significantly louder (Closed) than the freedom panels?

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
is it significantly louder (Closed) than the freedom panels?
Just drove from California to Wyoming and back. I can say it's only a little louder when there is cross winds. Other than that, I loved it. It's so easy to pop open.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
@Bestop :

you folks sponsor Jeep Jamborees. Will you have folks at Ouray, CO in a couple of weeks? I seem to recall seeing that participants can buy a sunrider at Jeep Jamborees and have them installed right there too. Is that correct? If so, I’ll probably just buy one when I arrive in Ouray for Jeep Jam.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
@Bestop :

you folks sponsor Jeep Jamborees. Will you have folks at Ouray, CO in a couple of weeks? I seem to recall seeing that participants can buy a sunrider at Jeep Jamborees and have them installed right there too. Is that correct? If so, I’ll probably just buy one when I arrive in Ouray for Jeep Jam.
Easy install. Why wait?

If you need help, I work for beer. :beer:

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Lol.

i May take you up on that.....
The install isn't too bad the only hard part is to get the Z clips in. I recommend doing that on the floor of a carpeted room with no distractions. It's pretty easy if you just relax and use your brain. I thought the hardest part was just to figure out the orientation. After that was done, I got it straight together without using pliers I was prepared for it to be a bitch, so I brought it to my office at work (away from my 2yo) and put it together in my office and threw it in the back of my truck and took it home to install in about 15-20 mins while chasing my tools down from the 2yo.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@Bestop :

Hey!
Sorry it took me a bit to see this message. Yes, Rick and I will be in Ouray next week. We aren't bringing Sunriders with us, however.
We'll see you there?

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored