Sponsored

The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I've just removed my Sunrider.

Now it's all clean and when the temperatures raise a bit I'll be putting it back on. Still love how easy it is to open the top without having to store the freedom panels. :involve:

Sadly I'll be taking it off again in the spring.

That's when the Trektop NX will be put back on. Love the fastback design and same easy open it has. Quality bits in my humble opinion. :like:
Sponsored

jchie21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S 2D
Finally got this sucker installed. Super easy you can just install with the little tool pouch. Are the corners like this on the tops? Only the RH side looks like this. I loosened everything and tried to shift the fabric around but the corner keeps returning to this stretched state. Any protips? Another user had the same corner pulled forward on the RH side but a lot worse.

IMG_8265.JPG

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Finally got this sucker installed. Super easy you can just install with the little tool pouch. Are the corners like this on the tops? Only the RH side looks like this. I loosened everything and tried to shift the fabric around but the corner keeps returning to this stretched state. Any protips? Another user had the same corner pulled forward on the RH side but a lot worse.

IMG_8265.JPG
Give our customer service team a call at 800-845-3567. They are in the office M-F between 8am-5pm Mountain and can provide some tips to address this. :like:

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

firemk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (Punk'n)
Look closely at your rail install. I had the same issue. There is sort of a little notch back there and if you don't have the rail in the exact spot it will do this. I finally realized what was happening after taking it apart and looking closely at the rail and the Jeep a couple of times!!

Good luck and enjoy!!

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just ordered my Sunrider last night. Took advantage of the 0% financing though Affirm. Can't wait to get it installed. I was one of the first to order and install the JK version when they were first released.

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here
1f525.png

Pre-order yours by calling 1-800-845-3567
1f64c.png

OPEN AIR IN A MATTER OF SECONDS.
The Sunrider for Hardtop is the industry's first all-purpose, all-weather, year-round replacement for bulky freedom panels. It fits the NEW JL Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited with a factory hardtop. The unique folding design lets you flip the panel back for an open-sky. Make your Jeep Wrangler a convertible today!

• Available in Black Diamond a $699
  • Available in Black Twill at $849
https://www.bestop.com/sunrider-for-hardtop-jl-wrangler

Happy to answer any questions you have, this fits the two and 4 door JLs with or without your hardtop!

CassieAtBestop

JLSFH3.jpg

JLSFH4.jpg
Make a Tan colored option and I’ll order one. Really, how hard can it be to offer two different cloth color choices. Black frame is fine. Interior is black anyway.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Make a Tan colored option and I’ll order one. Really, how hard can it be to offer two different cloth color choices. Black frame is fine. Interior is black anyway.
i’m guessing they chose not to do tan because it would show dirt way too easily…

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone know if there is an adjustment for the hold down latches? My twill top seems to have stretched a little and I’m getting some wind noise. The latches require almost no effort to close. When it was new last fall I really had to lean on them to close the top and the top was tighter than a drum.

E6F5AD3E-3F00-460B-873F-6B119A15C1B4.jpeg

7CDBA1EC-E8D5-4814-8E36-B6E2E75060EF.jpeg

13EFA272-3299-471B-B99A-919732CA8B09.jpeg

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Does anyone know if there is an adjustment for the hold down latches?
There are 2 screws covered by felt pads where the latches connect to in the vehicle. Remove the felt pads (they can be re-used) to get to the screw heads. Loosen those screws a little at a time and you should be able adjust from there. I'm not sure what the bit size is. You should only need a small amount of adjustment on each side, so don't go nuts fully removing the screws. As I said, just enough to get some play so that you can adjust.

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
There are 2 screws covered by felt pads where the latches connect to in the vehicle. Remove the felt pads (they can be re-used) to get to the screw heads. Loosen those screws a little at a time and you should be able adjust from there. I'm not sure what the bit size is. You should only need a small amount of adjustment on each side, so don't go nuts fully removing the screws. As I said, just enough to get some play so that you can adjust.
Thanks for the tip! I will give it a try.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

@Bestop - just want to inform you that the Sunrider for Hardtop is still shipping with the old instructions, that have you install the door rails first and then install/attach everything else after. I called into support and verified that the new instructions are online at https://assets.bestop.com/files/_bestop/10/8/5/52452_a.pdf.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Does anyone know if there is an adjustment for the hold down latches? My twill top seems to have stretched a little and I’m getting some wind noise. The latches require almost no effort to close. When it was new last fall I really had to lean on them to close the top and the top was tighter than a drum.

E6F5AD3E-3F00-460B-873F-6B119A15C1B4.jpeg

7CDBA1EC-E8D5-4814-8E36-B6E2E75060EF.jpeg

13EFA272-3299-471B-B99A-919732CA8B09.jpeg
Give our customer service team a call as they can likely assist. Their number is 800-845-3567 and are in the office between 8am-5pm Mountain Monday through Friday. Given the current national situation if you can't get someone immediately call back a bit later. I know that some of the team is working from home
@Bestop - just want to inform you that the Sunrider for Hardtop is still shipping with the old instructions, that have you install the door rails first and then install/attach everything else after. I called into support and verified that the new instructions are online at https://assets.bestop.com/files/_bestop/10/8/5/52452_a.pdf.
Unfortunately, the customer service rep you spoke with wasn't aware of the update we've been working on with the engineering team and the head of customer service. The one instructions mentioned above are the original instructions. I've provided a link to the new (and approved) instructions that were finalized this morning. This instruction set has also been updated on our web site.

Also, the instructions that come in the box right now don't reflect the changes. Customer service is working with the warehouse team to come up with a plan for how best to insert these into all the existing sealed boxes in inventory. ;)

Click here for the updated Sunrider for Hardtop installation instructions

Thanks for your patience while we've worked through these updates. With the installation fitment issues members shared here on the forum, we put together two groups of installers (experienced and non-experienced) and found some details that were missing and was leading to the fitment issues. Thanks again for your patience while we investigated and worked on updating the instruction set.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Last edited:

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I posted this in a different thread, but want to be sure it is seen by @Bestop as I've been having nothing but repeated issues with leaks with these Sunrider tops. I'm about ready to throw this thing in the trash. I had to run out and pick something up from the store and as soon as I shut my door, I had a stream of water dripping down from above the rear view mirror. It rained last night and earlier this morning. I did drive the vehicle this past weekend and one day during the week with the Sunrider open. I actually sat in the vehicle when it rained heavily about a week ago and saw no signs of water infiltration anywhere. I opened the top, checked all the seals and everything looked good to my eye especially along the front edge above the windshield. I'm hoping this was just a fluke and that simply opening and re-closing the top fixes this new issue. I don't know if the material relaxed and stretched enough to now cause an improper seal. The temps around here have been below normal, so I'd think the opposite would be true and the material would be tight. I don't want to mess with trying to tighten anything until I get a hold of @Bestop support. Of course this happens when they are closed for the weekend. I can't believe all the issues I'm having with these tops. This is the 2nd one I'm dealing with.
Sponsored