Sponsored

The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here!

CapeArt

First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Sport S, Porsche 987S, MazdaSpeed Miata
The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here
1f525.png

Pre-order yours by calling 1-800-845-3567
1f64c.png

OPEN AIR IN A MATTER OF SECONDS.
The Sunrider for Hardtop is the industry's first all-purpose, all-weather, year-round replacement for bulky freedom panels. It fits the NEW JL Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited with a factory hardtop. The unique folding design lets you flip the panel back for an open-sky. Make your Jeep Wrangler a convertible today!

• Available in Black Diamond a $699
  • Available in Black Twill at $849
https://www.bestop.com/sunrider-for-hardtop-jl-wrangler

Happy to answer any questions you have, this fits the two and 4 door JLs with or without your hardtop!

CassieAtBestop

JLSFH3.jpg

JLSFH4.jpg
Cassie, I love the Sunrider on my 2023 2-door JL. So, it's cool to take off the hardtop with Sunrider in place?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Cassie, I love the Sunrider on my 2023 2-door JL. So, it's cool to take off the hardtop with Sunrider in place?
@CapeArt No, we do not recommend leaving the Sunrider for Hardtop on and removing the rear part of the Hardtop.
~Crystal@Bestop

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
My cables broke. Do you know how long the z cable is? There are lawnmower cables with “z” on both ends if I could find the right length. TIA
@El-Jefes-Red-Rubi I do not have a measurement on the length of the Z cable unfortunately, I will see if I can get it though and comment back either way.
~Crystal@Bestop

CapeArt

First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Sport S, Porsche 987S, MazdaSpeed Miata
@CapeArt No, we do not recommend leaving the Sunrider for Hardtop on and removing the rear part of the Hardtop.
~Crystal@Bestop
The wording in last paragraph of your original post is misleading then. 😁
Thanks!

El-Jefes-Red-Rubi

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon
@El-Jefes-Red-Rubi I do not have a measurement on the length of the Z cable unfortunately, I will see if I can get it though and comment back either way.
~Crystal@Bestop
Ok. Standing by. My tops cable snapped on both sides and is leaking badly. The cable is definitely a weak spot in the design.

Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I do that all the time with two different JLs as a retractable bikini top. The sunrider doesn't connect to the rear hardtop so I don't know why it would matter if the back is on or off. One thing to note is that you have to remove the sunrider and slide it forward a few inches to access the bolts to remove the rear hardtop and then reattach the sunrider in place.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here! 1680035314630

Jeep Wrangler JL The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here! 1680035578180

Jeep Wrangler JL The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here! 1680036147171

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

JGF329

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon JLU
Does the Sunrider from my 2020 model year fit on the new 2024 model year with the side curtain airbags they have added?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Does the Sunrider from my 2020 model year fit on the new 2024 model year with the side curtain airbags they have added?
Best bet is to reach out to @Bestop.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@JGF329 The top doesn't come into contact with where the side curtain air bags are located, so to answer your question, yes, the Sunrider for Hardtop should fit the 2024.
~Crystal@Bestop
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

@JGF329 The top doesn't come into contact with where the side curtain air bags are located, so to answer your question, yes, the Sunrider for Hardtop should fit the 2024.
~Crystal@Bestop
www.bestop.com
Hi Crystal - do you make a storage bag for the Sunrider? When I am not running the Sunrider I would love to protect a bit from dust and what not while it is in my garage

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hi Crystal - do you make a storage bag for the Sunrider? When I am not running the Sunrider I would love to protect a bit from dust and what not while it is in my garage
@Murphydog No, unfortunately we don't make storage bag for the Sunrider for Hardtop, it would be a great idea though so I'm going to share it with the team :like: I usually suggest storing the top under a bed, if possible, this keeps it in a controlled temperature setting, it doesn't get as exposed to dust and stays free of rodents 🐭
~Crystal@Bestop
www.bestop.com

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
@Murphydog No, unfortunately we don't make storage bag for the Sunrider for Hardtop, it would be a great idea though so I'm going to share it with the team :like: I usually suggest storing the top under a bed, if possible, this keeps it in a controlled temperature setting, it doesn't get as exposed to dust and stays free of rodents 🐭
~Crystal@Bestop
www.bestop.com
I put a large plastic bag on each end and duct tape them together in the middle. Keeps the dust, fur, and garage crap off it during the winter.

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Two questions I have:

Whats the noise level difference between this and hardtop panels? Is it nothing at all, a few dbs, etc.

Second - whats the difference between the twill and diamond? I can't find anything on the site that clearly spells out the difference (e.g. less noise? more waterproof? more durable? whats driving up the price on it)
I have the twill on my 2018 JLUR. It is noisier than the Freedom Panels but I don’t know by how many decibels. The twill seems to have stretched a bit which doesn’t let the clamping system get it as tight when closed as when first installed. I wish Jeep offered a better solution to adjust the hold down clamps.
Sponsored