Sponsored

The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I almost like full soft top would be way to go compared to $800 for just the Sunrider.
@Geos7812
@bwilly622

Think you both may be missing the point so to speak, in regard to the Sunrider for JL Hardtop..

I know, I myself can afford to have a soft top along with the hard top my JL came with.... but I didn't want a friggin soft top. Been there done that.
Worrying always about the plastic windows , noisy, worry about frame breakage when lowering, saggy windows/fabric...

Soft tops are a pain in the ass when you are just wanting open air and wanting to lower the top quickly.. then you got to put them up and that is more bother at best. It suddenly rains, and you are in a lurch with a soft top.

With the Sunrider for JL hard top, it takes literally 10 seconds to open and 10 seconds to close. You can do on a whim in seconds... now with the soft top, well, this is not the case... not as simple. Starts to rain, 10 seconds tops to close the Sunrider..

In closing the Sunrider for JL is a real real pleasure to have on a JL. I'll let you go soft top. :)

Sponsored

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
do any of you guys use a roll bar mounted grab handle with the sunrider? I had to remove my mopar grab handles when I installed the sunrider because the rear mounting bracket of the mopar handle interferes with and prevents proper mounting of the sunrider side rail.

I also have a set made by GPCA but the part that mounts to the roll bar is longer than the width of the available space when the sunrider side rails are attached.

i will definitely appreciate any recommendations, thanks
I also have the GPCA and I just folded under enough of the “tail” on the handles to make them fit. They work just fine.

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
Just installed mine today! It was super easy and really makes open air driving quick and effortless. I actually think it’s quieter than the freedom panels at highway speed when closed. I’m lovin’ it so far!

D9B7B54F-9957-4F5F-A389-9911655AE12B.jpeg

9E4821DC-ED06-49EC-B5A4-7A01A9DA7DD9.jpeg

425C23F5-9E85-47C4-BC89-A40AF247DF99.jpeg

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
some people complain about the $800 price tag but this is a well made product and much more convenient than dealing with the freedom panels. I look forward to opening it at every opportunity since it's so easy. and if it starts raining, I can flip it closed just as quickly. I think it is well worth the cost.

Sponsored

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
some people complain about the $800 price tag but this is a well made product and much more convenient than dealing with the freedom panels. I look forward to opening it at every opportunity since it's so easy. and if it starts raining, I can flip it closed just as quickly. I think it is well worth the cost.
Absolutely this ^^^^

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
@Rhinebeck01

I love you, man, and you have a lot of great advice on this forum, but I totally disagree with your characterization of the soft top. Even the old ones weren't as bad as you're making them out to be (worrying about the frame breaking when lowering? are you the Hulk or something? lol), and the new ones are improved a lot.

That being said, I can see how the Sunrider, even at a whopping 800 bucks, is a great investment for tons of people. Most people like just having the hard top and not worrying about the weather and noise. I have hard and soft, and I run my soft top 9 months of the year. For me, the biggest pain is seeing a storm rolling in and having to go outside to put the windows back in. Takes just a minute, but still a pain. People who don't like to have that upkeep, however small it is, will love the Sunrider, so more power to them.

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
Has anyone taken advantage of the $50 Bestop rebate yet? If so were you able to bundle any opther discounts with it from any of the big Jeep retailers? Thinking I may buy if I can get $100 off including the rebate. Still kicking myself for not buying at $200 off.

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
so how fast do we all drive with our sunrider`s in the open postion? is there a limit? do we put the velcro straps on the arms? I'm getting a pretty good vibration above 50 mph and don't want to cause any damage. thanks!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
so how fast do we all drive with our sunrider`s in the open postion? is there a limit? do we put the velcro straps on the arms? I'm getting a pretty good vibration above 50 mph and don't want to cause any damage. thanks!
@HoundDude

I have had my SR on for about 5 months now. I have driven a few thousand miles with the SR in the open position. I never strap the SR down.

I travel a lot at interstate speeds. Often go 70-75 mph for many miles at a stretch.

Even driven at 70 on very windy days..

Anyway, never any issues. The SR just sits up there.... no movement, no flapping, no vibration, nada.... never tries to close on it's own or does it do any jumping/bumping around. Just sits still..

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I like the ease of flipping Back the Sunrider, but the price is steep for me.
A whole frameless NX SunRider top would be less $, and removing the rear and side windows gives that Open Air feeling. Craigslist and patience will have to suffice for my budget !

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
ok, so I took apart my sound bar and added felt everywhere in an attempt to quiet the squeaking noises over bumps before I realized the noise is actually coming from the Sunrider rear clamp. when I remove the clamp, everything is quiet. reinstall the clamp and drive over bumps and the squeaking returns. did this a few times to be sure.

anyone have any suggestions on how to modify the clamp to the make the noise stop? I will try felt in various places, just wondering if anyone has a tip. thanks

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok, so I took apart my sound bar and added felt everywhere in an attempt to quiet the squeaking noises over bumps before I realized the noise is actually coming from the Sunrider rear clamp. when I remove the clamp, everything is quiet. reinstall the clamp and drive over bumps and the squeaking returns. did this a few times to be sure.

anyone have any suggestions on how to modify the clamp to the make the noise stop? I will try felt in various places, just wondering if anyone has a tip. thanks
I get the occasional squeak and rattle from my sunrider too but I think I’ve started to accept that having total silence is just not possible in a vehicle where so many of the parts are removable!

To stop the rattle, I just open the sunrider, put the windows down and turn up the stereo. At that point driving the JL is so much fun, nothing else matters to me!!

I’ll keep watching tho and certainly try any tips if anyone has them.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link

I either get no squeaks or just haven't noticed. I would start with checking that all your seals look right with nothing out of alignment. Then I'd double check to make sure all your bolts are snug. Don't over tighten them!

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I either get no squeaks or just haven't noticed. I would start with checking that all your seals look right with nothing out of alignment. Then I'd double check to make sure all your bolts are snug. Don't over tighten them!

I wish I could help you but I do not have any squeaks or rattles on my Sunrider.
Sponsored