The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here!

1. AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade Well-Known Member
    Peak Sponsor (Level 2)

First Name:
    Andrew
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Granite Crystal JLU Rubicon, 2011 Bright Silver JKU
    Liked:
  2. Andy2434

Andy2434 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Andy
    Vehicle(s):
    '19 Billet JLU Rubicon (SARGE)
    Liked:
    Retired Engineer
    Thank you, Sir!

AlienSunshade likes this.
  3. Austin TX Jeep Rubicon

Austin TX Jeep Rubicon Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Tyler
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    Liked:
    Lawyer
    Love my new sunrider! Just installed yesterday and the installation was super easy. Great product @BestopTeam!!

IMG_1267.jpg

BestopTeam likes this.
  4. haiducool

haiducool Member

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    JL Unlimited Rubicon
    Liked:
    An I missing something? I have the sunrider installed and also got the alien front, but have not installed it as after install it will make it very difficult to open the sunrider as it's not retractable. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

BestopTeam likes this.
  5. Andy2434

Andy2434 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Andy
    Vehicle(s):
    '19 Billet JLU Rubicon (SARGE)
    Liked:
    Retired Engineer
    When my Alien sunshade arrives, I think that I will simply unlatch the Sunrider from the inside and will have prop open the SR from the outside while standing on the driver’s side door sill. It’s a small inconvenience.

BestopTeam likes this.
  6. Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Rubicon JL (2dr)
    Liked:
    Retired in 2004 @ 55 with a Pension
    @haiducool
    @Andy2434

All l do is lower the driver's side window.... then, I unlatch both Sunrider latches.....then, I reach out of the open driver's window and grab the closed Sunrider and flip it back. It flips back very easily. No, like other's I do not use the tie down straps provided by Bestop.

I close the SR, by ..... reaching out of the open driver's side window ..... and grabbing the SR and flipping it closed. ... then I latch it.

Closing and opening the SR from inside the JL is very easy to do.. Sure, the Alien Sunshade in the mix, makes it a tad less easy to open and close, but it's still easy.

Of course, you can always unlatch the Sunrider, get out of JL and then easily flip open the SR.... to close you would do the opposite.

I might add, l am 70 yo and have no trouble doing this. I open and close the SR lots.

I have driven over 4,000 miles with the Sunrider/Alien combo installed.

By the way... For the combo, install Alien Sunshade, first and then install the Bestop Sunrider for JL.

haiducool, BestopTeam and Andy2434 like this.
  7. joecitrix97

joecitrix97 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '89 YJ Sahara, '18 JLU Sahara
    Liked:
    I've posted a review, then unposted a review so many times … mainly because I don't know why it took so long to get this product to market and I promised myself I would not buy one. However comma …

@BestopTeam … you guys did an awesome job on this top. I have zero complaints. I have a nice big cold from running around like a teenager in June … but that is on me. It was completely worth it!

Last weekend I took my JL to Caesar's Head … then down to see the blue waters of Lake Keowee, over Lake Hartwell and then to Clemson. By the time I got to Clemson I had to turn my A/C on as the outside temperature got around 65 degrees. I really don't know why some folks on the forum complain about noise. Maybe it does not bother me because I have owned a YJ for 20 years and I never have anything more than a bikini top on it.

So it may have taken me a year to figure this out, but I plan to leave my JL alone for a while and enjoy the heck out of this Sunrider. On days where I don't want a top at all and half doors I will get my YJ out of storage. I love my vintage YJ just as much as I love my JL. Call me a Jeep Nut, I seem to have an addiction problem.

Thank you again @BestopTeam. If anyone is on the fence about buying one, check out Morris4x4 for sales. I bought mine a few weeks ago with a 10 % off coupon. its not the $200 off from November. I am just happy to have one.

Thank you again

IMG_0982.JPG

IMG_0963.JPG

IMG_0961.JPG

image1.jpeg

IMG_0942 (1).JPG

image3.jpeg

Krondor and BestopTeam like this.
  8. OP
    OP
    BestopTeam

BestopTeam Well-Known Member
    Peak Sponsor (Level 2)

First Name:
    CassieAtBestop
    Vehicle(s):
    2010 JKU
    Liked:
    Thank you for your review and I am happy to hear you are loving your Surnider!

Your pictures look amazing, I am a bit jealous as we have been sitting at 15 degree or below all week!

CassieAtBestop