Sponsored

The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here!

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
OMG...My original order shows 17146! Could that really be 17K+ they sold on pre order? If so I guess I'm looking at summer. Hope I can remember I even ordered it by then. If it's a super long wait this will be the first and last time I preorder anything. We'll see.

UPDATE: Just saw Mojito Mojo's order info so maybe not too far for me?
Sponsored

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
I ordered mine today from 4 Wheel Parts in Mesa, AZ. They were told ETA from the factory mid December. I was quoted 1 hour of installation labor at $110/hr.
It is going to be so easy to.put on. Just like the soft top without the weight.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
OMG...My original order shows 17146! Could that really be 17K+ they sold on pre order? If so I guess I'm looking at summer. Hope I can remember I even ordered it by then. If it's a super long wait this will be the first and last time I preorder anything. We'll see.

UPDATE: Just saw Mojito Mojo's order info so maybe not too far for me?
17133 for me.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
17133 for me.
Mine was 17 something, so no worries. It arrived today. You'll get yours quickly, I'd guess. I was told they sold a few hundred on pre-order.

Sponsored

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
Oh ok - sounds like perhaps the 17 or 171 is just a standard # and everything after it is perhaps your line up. I'll let you all know!

Mine was 17 something, so no worries. It arrived today. You'll get yours quickly, I'd guess. I was told they sold a few hundred on pre-order.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Order numbers are not product specific.

Has anyone installed theirs yet? What are your thoughts? Lets see some pictures!

CassieAtBestop

Oh ok - sounds like perhaps the 17 or 171 is just a standard # and everything after it is perhaps your line up. I'll let you all know!

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey there,

I am sorry i missed your original post asking for the instructions. Not sure why people would think they wouldn't be included in the box - they always are.

How did the install go for you? Do you have any pictures?

CassieAtBestop

Well, Fedex driver just pulled in an he dropped off my Sunrider for JL. 8-)

Of course, no notification from Bestop that it had in fact shipped. I had to sign for it, so good thing I happened to be home.

Shipping weight was 38# . It left Bestop on 11/15.

I unpacked it. Directions are in there. No obvious sign of damage. Will install tomorrow.

Of course, they overcharged me by $216.25. Called Bestop and they are going to issue a credit to my charge card.

Will post here tomorrow how the install goes for me.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey all -

I wanted to offer my apologies for any frustration the required signature has caused. This was put into place due to the season timing and the amount of packages being stolen from people porches. We want to make sure you receive your top and this is the best way for us to do it.

CassieAtBestop

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Hey all -

I wanted to offer my apologies for any frustration the required signature has caused. This was put into place due to the season timing and the amount of packages being stolen from people porches. We want to make sure you receive your top and this is the best way for us to do it.

CassieAtBestop
@BestopTeam

It's not having to sign for the SR that is the main concern.... but rather Bestop is not notifying the buyer that the item has shipped or giving a tracking number to the buyer, so they know when to expect delivery, have someone there to sign, etc..

And about instructions... sure we realize that instructions will probably be in the box. Some guys/gals like to have instructions ahead of time so they can get needed tools, ask others questions about their install concerns, etc.. ALSO, NO mention by any Bestop rep that there was a video made by Morris 4x4 (Bestop owns Morris 4x4, I heard) that showed the install.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Normally you receive an email with tracking but with the glitch we had to enter into a different system so you did not receive this. It is not norm for orders to not receive this info.

I understand people wanting to learn more about the install prior to receive this. However, we were not aware of a video made by Morris. Many of our distributors make videos on our products and do not make us aware. I am not sure if Morris is on this forum or not.

CassieAtBestop

@BestopTeam

It's not having to sign for the SR that is the main concern.... but rather Bestop is not notifying the buyer that the item has shipped or giving a tracking number to the buyer, so they know when to expect delivery, have someone there to sign, etc..

And about instructions... sure we realize that instructions will probably be in the box. Some guys/gals like to have instructions ahead of time so they can get needed tools, ask others questions about their install concerns, etc.. ALSO, NO mention by any Bestop rep that there was a video made by Morris 4x4 (Bestop owns Morris 4x4, I heard) that showed the install.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Just got my call from chrystal, mine is on the way , and she said there wasn't going to be expiration date on the litebrite promotion.
The bonus $75 on another product or the $200 off?

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
Mine arrived early this morning so they are shipping fast :like: I have to get to work though so can't wait to tear into the package later on! Still too cold to install. Only 26 right now and possible 56 in the day but there's that thing called work. We'll see what Thanksgiving brings!
Sponsored