Sponsored

The search for a replacement has begun!!

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I only have 1500 miles on my non e-torque 2.0L JLUR. I didn't compare it against the Pentastar because I knew I wanted an auto. So far I really like it, I would buy it again given the choice. I'm not a fan of the ESS, it's very noticeable to me, but I've gotten used to it and can always turn it off if I have to.

It's decent on gas and I'm running 87 with an occasional 91 just to see if there is a difference. So far, I haven't noticed one. But we'll see when summer hits Houston. So far I've averaged around 18.5 mpg. That includes a lot of idling and more city than highway driving.

I think the 8 speed auto steals the show and seems very refined to me. This is my first turbo and haven't really noticed any lag, when I jump on it, it goes. Reminds me of that couple of seconds before the extra 2 barrels on the carb kicked in on the 350 4 barrel carb. I guess that's the "lag".

I don't even really mind the exhaust sound. It sounds better than my TJ with the 4.0 did. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't complete with my K5s dual glass packs with no cat converter, or my RAMs flow master, but they are different animals.
Sponsored

Last edited:

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I love my 2020 JLUR with the non-etorque 2.0t. I've got 5,900+ miles on it so far and the only issue was the steering box replacement. Before I bought it, I test drove several with the 3.6 and 2.0t back to back and the 2.0t was hands down the better performer. Before I installed my lift and wheel/tire combo, I could get 22-23 highway mpg. A few weeks ago, my girlfriend and I went to TN on a 1250+ mile road trip. It averaged 19.2 mpg for that entire trip. Considering that it's riding on a 2 inch lift, 35 KO2s and 2 people with luggage traveling some mountain passes on the highway @ 70-75 mph, I'm more than pleased with it's performance.

My girlfriend has a 2020 JLU Sahara with the e-torque 2.0t and has 11,000+ trouble free miles. She gets a couple miles per gallon better gas mileage than my Rubicon.

OP
OP

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Thanks everyone. Well I ordered a red 2.0 auto JLUR. Unlike my silver 2020 3.6 JLUR that had almost every option that were never used, I went with almost the bare minimums adding only the tow package.

Now just have to wait two or three months to get it in. 🤞🤞
Sponsored