The Roof Rack List (JL / JLU Wrangler)

Twistbeard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara "Nebula"
Bruh, tell me how you did this! I ordered on Feb 11th. Did you know when they began manufacturing? I asked for an update at the 5 month mark. Havent heard back.
I asked for an update at the 12 week mark (the minimum they note to ask) and was told it was in the process of manufacturing and would ship in a few weeks. Well, 9 weeks later, it made it here lol.

JK47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Can you tell me the height from the top of the hard top to the top of the rack please. I want to make sure it will still fit in my garage. Thanks
Approximately 4.25", with the low mount legs and 5mm HD spacers. Just call it 4.5" to be on the safe side.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Approximately 4.25", with the low mount legs and 5mm HD spacers. Just call it 4.5" to be on the safe side.
Thank you much! It's higher than I thought, it will be close.

Sponsored

Klaus-the-German

First Name
Klaus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2.0 gasoline

JK47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Looks good! Have you found this length rack makes removing and reinstalling the Freedom Tops really any more difficult?
Not by much, takes a bit of finesse, but still easy, and if you have the extra height of the quick release legs it would be really easy.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tug

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Hey All,

I'm between the Gobi and soon to be released Garvin racks for my soft top. It looks like they're going to be very close in cost once released.

I'm told that the Garvin rack will be ready to ship sometime in August. I've also heard that the Gobi rack has super long lead times - they say 12-16 weeks.

Given the cost will be about the same it comes down to quality and time. I have a few trips on the horizon that a rack and two rooftop boxes will make life much easier and wouldn't want to be stuck having paid for something that's still being built...

Those who have Gobi racks, was it worth the wait? How long did you wait for your rack?

Thanks!

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
I am getting ready to install my Rhino Rack backbone. The instructions call for Butyl Mastic. I am guessing that is a common Australian sealant. Going to Home Depot or Lowe’s and inquiring about it left their employees’ heads scratching.

I could call Rhino Rack USA directly but wanted to see what everyone else is using. I bought the item in the attached photo. Good idea or is there something better? One other question...the install video looks like they applied it around the hole. The printed instructions show it filling the hole. I am guessing both...?

D408E1B7-BF8E-49DC-9E98-FBE746267006.jpeg

JK47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I am getting ready to install my Rhino Rack backbone. The instructions call for Butyl Mastic. I am guessing that is a common Australian sealant. Going to Home Depot or Lowe’s and inquiring about it left their employees’ heads scratching.

I could call Rhino Rack USA directly but wanted to see what everyone else is using. I bought the item in the attached photo. Good idea or is there something better? One other question...the install video looks like they applied it around the hole. The printed instructions show it filling the hole. I am guessing both...?

D408E1B7-BF8E-49DC-9E98-FBE746267006.jpeg
I did around and in the hole and haven’t had a leak in 2 thunder storms and 3 car washes. I used heavy duty industrial silicone from Home Depot.
Sponsored