Sponsored

The Roof Rack List (JL / JLU Wrangler)

JK47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Cool, thank you for the insides. I wasn’t aware of the 3x dynamic rule of thumb, but it will let me sleep better - especially in the tent.
I’m waiting right now for the delivery and hope it will be here till next Wednesday. We want to try it the following weekend.
Did someone already received the JLU backbone system?
Mine is on the UPS truck, for delivery today.
Sponsored

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
I got a partial order in...

2 issues so far. I am missing one of the inserts on the cross beams.

And my set of 6 feet (package of 4 and 2) didn’t come with one key for all 6 feet :/

I will reach out to Rhino Rack/Northridge to see what they can do.

I am having fun assembling the rack. I wish the screws were labeled better.

Twistbeard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara "Nebula"
Gobi Rack I ordered on Feb 6, 2019 is supposed to be delivered today July 17, 2019. Finally. Crazy wait times, but I guess the first round of people had to wait even longer so I'll just be happy it's finally coming lol.

Sponsored

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
Im away at work until Friday night. It looks just like the JK RR backbone.
I hear you. This work thing getting in the way is no good. That’s exactly the reason I can’t install mine right now.

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Gobi Rack I ordered on Feb 6, 2019 is supposed to be delivered today July 17, 2019. Finally. Crazy wait times, but I guess the first round of people had to wait even longer so I'll just be happy it's finally coming lol.
Bruh, tell me how you did this! I ordered on Feb 11th. Did you know when they began manufacturing? I asked for an update at the 5 month mark. Havent heard back.

CDP2307

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Im away at work until Friday night. It looks just like the JK RR backbone.
I installed mine yesterday evening. Mounting the backbone system took me 4h instead of the advertised 2h, but I wanted to make it correct and did it carefully.
When I tried to install the platform onto the backbone system it doesn't fit =(
I contacted NorthRidge4x4 were I ordered the whole backbone + platform set for the Jeep JL 4dr.

Does anyone have the same issue? I really double and triple checked my assembly but couldn't found an issue. It seems like the crossbars of the platform don't fit to the position of the backbone system.

IMG_2595.jpg
IMG_2596.jpg

Sponsored

JK47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I installed mine yesterday evening. Mounting the backbone system took me 4h instead of the advertised 2h, but I wanted to make it correct and did it carefully.
I contacted NorthRidge4x4 were I ordered the whole backbone + platform set for the Jeep JL 4dr.

Does anyone have the same issue? I really double and triple checked my assembly but couldn't found an issue. It seems like the crossbars of the platform don't fit to the position of the backbone system.

IMG_2595.jpg
IMG_2596.jpg
On the Rhino rack pioneer platform page the instruction state that you have to drill holes for 2 of the support bars in slightly different positions. The included instructions with the pioneer rack also ask you to refer to specific vehicle model on their website for install instructions.

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
On the Rhino rack pioneer platform page the instruction state that you have to drill holes for 2 of the support bars in slightly different positions. The included instructions with the pioneer rack also ask you to refer to specific vehicle model on their website for install instructions.
This is correct...you need to go to the rhino rack website for specific fitting instructions for our JL

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392

IMG_2595.jpg
IMG_2596.jpg
What's the height of the rack from the top of the hardtop to the top of the rack?
Sponsored