Sponsored

The Roof Rack List (JL / JLU Wrangler)

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
Well I broke down and ordered the Mopar roof rack. I have a camping trip coming up in less than a month and I need something.

The good news is because I just ordered it, it is inevitable that the Rhino Rack will finally be released...
Sponsored

CMâ›°

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
Well I broke down and ordered the Mopar roof rack. I have a camping trip coming up in less than a month and I need something.

The good news is because I just ordered it, it is inevitable that the Rhino Rack will finally be released...
Thanks for taking one for the team!:like:

CMâ›°

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Looks like you are off the hook. Here’s a fresh off the press email from Rhino Rack:

16DB232A-1843-47B1-A980-B86132FE4D6B.png

Reactions: aml

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Looks like you are off the hook. Here’s a fresh off the press email from Rhino Rack:

16DB232A-1843-47B1-A980-B86132FE4D6B.png
Have a new tepui sitting in the box in my garage. Looks like the wait will last even longer

Sponsored

CMâ›°

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Waiting is the Hardest Part

Last edited:

Cabg

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
porsche 911, nissan xtera, nissan pathfinder, honda crv
Has anyone installed the lange hoist a top hand crank model but put the crank on the side of the jeep instead of behind the jeep? I have cabinets behind the jeep.
I use RACOR
Works perfectly

20190207_114449.jpg

Go4aRyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, FJ Cruiser, JLUR
Do any of you using the Maximus-3 rack have any increase in wind noise with the Pioneer platform so close to the hard top?

Been waiting more than a year for Rhino Rack backbone, but still evaluating other options...

Last edited:

trav87

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Do you of you using the Maximus-3 rack have any increase in wind noise with the Pioneer platform so close to the hard top?

Been waiting more than a year for Rhino Rack backbone, but still evaluating other options...
There is a little increased wind noise, but not bad. The worst was after I installed the rails around the front half. There is a distinct whistle when the wind hits from the side.

SFAgent

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
I do. Been using it for a month or so.

The rating of the rack is essentially the rating of the hard top itself.

21.jpg

IMG_20181107_131323.jpg

IMG_20181107_131342.jpg
Hows the rack holding up? I am trying
to decide on which rack to purchase and the EVO is one of them. Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Hows the rack holding up? I am trying
to decide on which rack to purchase and the EVO is one of them. Thanks
It is solid. I am actually selling it now because I went with a bestop soft top.

You aren't too far out from me. If you wanted to buy it send me a message.

Go4aRyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, FJ Cruiser, JLUR
Have a new tepui sitting in the box in my garage. Looks like the wait will last even longer
Called Rhino Rack today. They are now estimating between April to mid-May for the JLU backbone. :/

Last edited:

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
@jjohnson75

Speaking to Gobi today on an unrelated matter I heard--and maybe I'm not the first--that they have a JL SKY ONE roof rack coming out in a couple of months.

I know little, other than it will have the ability for owners to remove the back steel mesh insert. Currently, only the one over the Freedom Panels, an optional purchase, is removable in current JL/JLU models of the rack.

The new rack can be used with any JL and will not, I'm told, allow the OEM soft top to go into Sunrider position (or further) without first tilting back the rack, nor the Bestop Sunrider product to do so either, again, without first tilting back the rack, as either soft top is too wide for the rack sides, even with nothing in between those sides (like the new removable back mesh.)

Nor will the new rack allow the OEM or Bestop Sunrider product to remain in Sunrider position or simple open, respectfully, and still bring down the rack back down to travel position. So bottom line is you can completely open an OEM soft top or take out Freedom Panels as before, AND now open the new Power top with this new rack.

I presume, but by no means am certain that this means that the current Gobi offering is not compatible with opening the Power top, (and lowering the rack) but check with Gobi on that.

That's all I know. You'll have to ask Gobi for more details.

: - )

~~~~

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
@jjohnson75The new rack can be used with any JL and will not, I'm told, allow the OEM soft top to go into Sunrider position (or further) without first tilting back the rack, nor the Bestop Sunrider product to do so either, again, without first tilting back the rack, as either soft top is too wide for the rack sides, even with nothing in between those sides (like the new removable back mesh.)...
Do not want.

Seriously, why would I have a Jeep that I couldn't have easy access to fresh air anytime I wanted?

I like the mesh rack, but other than that the Gobi isn't for me.

Achilleus07

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door
I'm not sure if anyone has looked at Exposed Racks. https://www.smsparts.com/racks or it has been mentioned in this thread yet. They emailed me back today and they said they are going to have a 2 door JL version come out in the next couple weeks(4 door is already out). If anyone else like me is having trouble finding a rack for a 2 door JL soft top this looks promising. The soft top can apparently go over the rack and still close, leaving the Sunrider option possible. It also can be interchanged to a hard top if you own both.
Sponsored