First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
how does the front part mount? any detail pics.

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
Y'all ready for the newest from Rhino Rack? Here is the soon to be released new Backbone with Pioneer platform. 850+lbs of load capacity and a super low profile . No drilling in to roll bar. The back one takes the weight off the top and transfers to the body.

20181201_142750.jpg

20181130_100938.jpg
It looks like the same one that has been discussed on this thread several times. But thanks for the additional photos.

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
The inside bracing is a little different. I wonder which one is the final version or will there be two offerings from them?

The one I posted previously doesn’t have a top inner bracing piece.

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Yj Wrangler, 18 JLUS, 82 J10 Pickup
Occupation
Ford Tech
Hey guys, I just ordered the Mopar roof rack kit (https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/removable-roof-rack-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl).

Will this be able to carry the Thule Ski/Snowboard Carrier? (https://www.rei.com/product/127843/thule-snowpack-extender-skisnowboard-carrier)
Look at the other style carriers Thule sells. This one looks like it only fits a specific style bar, the other 4 or 6 ski carriers I believe have adjustable straps that go around the bars but don't have the slide out that this carrier has

Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
I posted this elsewhere, so apologies if you saw it already. This was the thread I was looking for, but couldn’t find it through search. There are a lot of mentions of roof racks on the forum, that’s for sure. Hope someone finds this helpful!

Does anyone know if this roof rack would work with a premium soft top? I am brand new to roof rack research so apologies for my ignorance. I would think this installed would get in the way from opening and putting down the soft top in the summer. Correct?

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
Does anyone know if this roof rack would work with a premium soft top? I am brand new to roof rack research so apologies for my ignorance. I would think this installed would get in the way from opening and putting down the soft top in the summer. Correct?
Nope. Won’t work. You would need an exo skeleton like a Gobi roof rack.

Sponsored

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
It would not work unless you mod the soft top and keep it on because the brackets go from roll bar to rack. You can run it with no top though!

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
Y'all ready for the newest from Rhino Rack? Here is the soon to be released new Backbone with Pioneer platform. 850+lbs of load capacity and a super low profile . No drilling in to roll bar. The back one takes the weight off the top and transfers to the body.

20181201_142750.jpg

20181130_100938.jpg
Yeah, I've been ready for 6 months, it's rhino that's not ready.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
If you're into DIY's Chris there's mine https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/diy-no-hole-roof-rails.10580/#post-301033 which features 3 different cross member designs

1) an uninterrupted cross member (put in places in the front and back that doesn't interfere with the soft top)
2) a cross member with a coupler in the middle for easy connect/disconnect
3) a cross member with a coupler in the middle and brackets that allow it to fold out of the way, but go where the rig does so with the cross member folded down you can open the soft top on the way to the big box store, close it when parked, buy some long pipe or lumber, put the folding cross member together, and carry your long purchases home on the rack.

I'm also a Dual Top owner with similar interests in opening my soft top in warmer weather, but running the hard top in the winter.

The LOD Offroad rack for the JL, not yet released, promises to be "the bomb" at what you're looking for.

I think the people at LOD Offroad may have accidentally put the picture in the upper left hand corner here (at least as of this writing) of the yet to released JL rack on the JK rack product page.

https://lodoffroad.com/products/jeep/2007-2017-jeep-jk-products/jeep-jk-roof-rack.html

I say this because I believe (perhaps incorrectly) that the JK rack slides back, while the JL rack is reported, when it's released, to be able to slide to either side.

I'm attempting a poor man's version of the JK implementation below using garage door hardware (that's a garage door roller circled) and products from Steel-Tek http://www.steel-tek.com/products/:

IMG_2747.JPG
IMG_2754.JPG

and hope I'm not infringing on LOD patent (pending) status. I've to set the correct height for the garage door track to clear the soft top in the Sunrider position.

Now...if only I can find some way to automate the sliding of the rack, if it works, I could combine it with this;)

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/diy-power-soft-top.13374/#post-402695
Doubt LOD is threatened by DYI custom conflagrations by inventors.

ryandamartini

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S

20181201_142750.jpg

20181130_100938.jpg
I really hope they have some fantastic templates pre made for drilling through your hard top...

TxJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ Sahara, 2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Has anyone heard of a rack that mounts independent of your hardtop that would allow you to remove the hardtop but leaving the rack in place? I have JLU Rubicon and want to keep the rack but lose the hardtop for some weekends.
Sponsored