Sponsored

The Roof Rack List (JL / JLU Wrangler)

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon ecoDiesel
I'm not sure that I'd want it to hug the Jeep like that. I'm thinking that it would need spacers to keep it from banging into it. That's the issue with the Gobi's rear bars and how they can bang up your Jeep.
Has the Gobi rack been banging up jeeps? I saw Casey250 post about his gobi rack banging up his jeep, but read that was because he had a large load up top with the soft top, which gobi says not to do.
Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Has the Gobi rack been banging up jeeps? I saw Casey250 post about his gobi rack banging up his jeep, but read that was because he had a large load up top with the soft top, which gobi says not to do.
Nope, just his video. My ARS / MetalCloak rack doesn't get close to the body like that.

Nolson98

First Name
Nathan olson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu wrangler
Selling my brand new gobi rack for JLu to dual ladder set up brand new never opened asking 2k it is in Hesperia area code 92345
Jeep Wrangler JL The Roof Rack List (JL / JLU Wrangler) 1FB2BD95-AD7B-411F-BEA9-8A506C76947E
Jeep Wrangler JL The Roof Rack List (JL / JLU Wrangler) 1FB2BD95-AD7B-411F-BEA9-8A506C76947E
Jeep Wrangler JL The Roof Rack List (JL / JLU Wrangler) 8A094811-287B-406C-B8E5-54FE7D8EBCCB

Whatevers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Ratbert, we have a rack for the Skytop JLU that will hold your Xcover. The AEV bumpers are the only barrier. Not to say that it can’t be done, but we don’t have a bracket to accommodate bumpers from other companies. We support all the stock bumper configurations and our own bumpers only.
It would be pretty easy to fab up your own adapters, we just aren’t able to have adapters for every bumper out there. Probably not the answer you wanted and I apologize. Let me know what other questions you might have.
I don't trust myself, would love it if you guys made an adapter that allowed for the Rocklander to be compatible with the JL AEV rear bumper + tire carrier.

Adventure Rack Systems

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ARS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, 2018 JL Wrangler
I don't trust myself, would love it if you guys made an adapter that allowed for the Rocklander to be compatible with the JL AEV rear bumper + tire carrier.
Thanks for the suggestion and we completely understand. We did create a bolt-on prototype and tried it out, but it was less than ideal and difficult to install so we didn't move forward with it. Someone with good fab/welding skills could probably make quick work of it and weld a tab on there for our mounting bracket.

Sponsored

skipdup

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLUR 4xe
I've been overwhelming myself with all kinds of Jeep stuff - but now am back on roof racks. I swear a remember posts showing how roof racks had cracked hardtops in the rear corners. Can anyone enlighten me? Am I hallucinating again? :)

Thanks!!

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I had a local shop fabricate mounting brackets for mine. It was a stupidly expensive install, but it's clean and solid.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Hey ratbert, on yours did you add in the stealth platform?
Currently we just have an awning and propane tank mounted to it. No need for the Stealth yet. This summer we'll probably want to strap our ground tent up there, so I'll have to figure out an approach for that.

Sponsored

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
Currently we just have an awning and propane tank mounted to it. No need for the Stealth yet. This summer we'll probably want to strap our ground tent up there, so I'll have to figure out an approach for that.
Oh ok, I was going to say if you did I’d be happy to fabricate you a traction board mount for it.

Cntr78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Just put the GoRhino SRM500 on.
Was looking for a mounting option for my awning with the quick release and traction boards. This works, is solid and no interference with the freedom panels.

May consider the drill through mounting option down the line for more carrying capacity, but no need right now.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Roof Rack List (JL / JLU Wrangler) PXL_20230407_225722123.MP

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Just put the GoRhino SRM500 on.
Was looking for a mounting option for my awning with the quick release and traction boards. This works, is solid and no interference with the freedom panels.

May consider the drill through mounting option down the line for more carrying capacity, but no need right now.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Roof Rack List (JL / JLU Wrangler) PXL_20230407_225722123.MP
Does anyone know of a roof rack like Mike's above, which like his attaches to the rain gutters, that features an optional extension to the rack that resides over the Freedom panels?

(I would not be looking for a one piece rain gutter attached rack over the entire roof. Two independent pieces as described are desired.)

TIA

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide