First Name
Maggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR Granite Crystal
Occupation
Architect
No problem, I am 81" at my highest point. I am running a 2.5" Metalcloak lift with 37s.

Enjoy!
eh? 2.5" with 37s and you're only 81"?!

I'm 2.5" with 35s! That means I'll be okay with a rack. TEEHEE.

Thanks matey.
Sponsored

MaggieJeep

First Name
Maggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Architect
No problem, I am 81" at my highest point. I am running a 2.5" Metalcloak lift with 37s.

Enjoy!
Mate!

Noticed you have the iKamper 4 on your roof rack with the quick release?

I am tossing between Gobi and your Front Runner. How noisy is the Front runner? MPG loss?

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Smittybilt SRC Defender exoskeleton rack appears to be out for 4D (once again, 2D are out in the cold). I've seen it as low as $540. Tempting to get one and see if I could shorten it to fit a 2D.

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
Mate!

Noticed you have the iKamper 4 on your roof rack with the quick release?

I am tossing between Gobi and your Front Runner. How noisy is the Front runner? MPG loss?
It's hasn't been very noisy at all. Once in a while you will hear it, but not often. More often when I forget to strap the ladder shut :)

I've lost about 1 MPG with the iKamper up there

MaggieJeep

First Name
Maggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Architect
It's hasn't been very noisy at all. Once in a while you will hear it, but not often. More often when I forget to strap the ladder shut :)

I've lost about 1 MPG with the iKamper up there
I meant between the roof rack and no rack.

Sponsored

bam9382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
You guys know of any roof racks designed for the one touch power top? I know Gobi has got one, but curious if there are others to consider.

Cheers

tourguide337

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Does anyone have a Smittybilt Defender SRC Roof Rack (18-21 Jeep Wrangler JL 4 Door) Part Number: S/B77717? If so...
  1. How high does it sit above the hard top roof? Hoping I can still get it into my garage.
  2. For the rear mounting, will it fit with a stock steel bumper?
  3. General reviews look good and say it will work with a hard and soft top. Would you agree? I switch my tops with the seasons.
Thanks!
Jeep Wrangler JL The Roof Rack List (JL / JLU Wrangler) 77717-01

tourguide337

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You guys know of any roof racks designed for the one touch power top? I know Gobi has got one, but curious if there are others to consider.

Cheers
I don't have a one touch, but from looking at roof racks, I think Smittybilt Defender SRC Roof Rack and LOD Offroad has one.

IrnBear

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Expedition, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Does anyone have a Smittybilt Defender SRC Roof Rack (18-21 Jeep Wrangler JL 4 Door) Part Number: S/B77717? If so...
  1. How high does it sit above the hard top roof? Hoping I can still get it into my garage.
  3. General reviews look good and say it will work with a hard and soft top. Would you agree? I switch my tops with the seasons.
Thanks!
Jeep Wrangler JL The Roof Rack List (JL / JLU Wrangler) 77717-01
Also interested??

Sponsored

ajhawks

First Name
Alecia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 4DR
Thanks!
77717-01.png
I just bought the same one and going to try to install it today so Iā€™ll let you know what I come up with. Extreme Terrain costumer service told me it fits with stock bumper, but I donā€™t think itā€™s going to šŸ˜‚

Last edited:

tourguide337

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
e and going to try to install it today so Iā€™ll let you know what I come up with. Extreme Terrain costumer service told
Mine arrived and I started to install. The issue is the front driver's rack leg wasn't bent at the right angle. Extreme Terrain is sending me another one!

It appears that it will work with the Stock Steel bumper if the plastic pieces are removed. It also looks like my garage door will have clearance! I found that I need to get a short antenna, the stock antenna is too long and will rub against the rack. šŸ˜… Guess I will just have to buy one of those too! haha

Will post pictures when installed.

ajhawks

First Name
Alecia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 4DR
Mine arrived and I started to install. The issue is the front driver's rack leg wasn't bent at the right angle. Extreme Terrain is sending me another one!

It appears that it will work with the Stock Steel bumper if the plastic pieces are removed. It also looks like my garage door will have clearance! I found that I need to get a short antenna, the stock antenna is too long and will rub against the rack. šŸ˜… Guess I will just have to buy one of those too! haha

Will post pictures when installed.
Mine wonā€™t fit with my stock bumper so Iā€™m at a stand still of what to do at the moment šŸ˜‚
Sponsored