Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
No link
I had been in contact with them and was sent an email once preorder was open
Got the same mail from Alex...not on their website yet...

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr

Forgettable1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
that bracket is pretty slick. though, I don't see how that front bar is folding anywhere as the side bracket appears solid.

imo I hope the guy in the vid is wrong, I'd rather not see the mount have pivoting sliding pieces. If someones getting a full rack like the gobi I doubt they are at all interested in folding the front windshield.

Sponsored

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
:like::rock:

Now just waiting for the Rhino Rack Backbone. Has anybody been in contact with them to see what there ETA is?
I am pulling the trigger on the backbone as soon as it releases. Don't know when, though!

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
I am pulling the trigger on the backbone as soon as it releases. Don't know when, though!
Same here... I've been wanting the Gobi rack since my jk, but I think the backbone will be better for me, especially when taking off the top

Sponsored

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Really waiting for the Rhino Rack Backbone system. Not sure what the hold up is since they have a bunch of gutter mount options already...

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Really waiting for the Rhino Rack Backbone system. Not sure what the hold up is since they have a bunch of gutter mount options already...
Maximus-3 should be out within a month. According to their customer service.

They run the pioneer platform. And have a ladder option.

Shinysideup

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX, JLU soon
I need a rack to support a 200lb+ 4-person RTT. Gobi looks like only one that will work at moment, unless anyone knows differently? On a JK forum someone complained about the noise of the Gobi Stealth, and switched to the Runner Slimline II. I enquired about those and they responded:

Front Runner
Our rack system has a maximum weight capacity of 660 pounds, but the fitment for the new JLU is not available yet. We hope to begin designing a system soon and the goal is to release something within the next year.

We hope this was helpful.

Let us know if you need anything.

Forgettable1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I need a rack to support a 200lb+ 4-person RTT. Gobi looks like only one that will work at moment, unless anyone knows differently? On a JK forum someone complained about the noise of the Gobi Stealth, and switched to the Runner Slimline II. I enquired about those and they responded:

Front Runner
Our rack system has a maximum weight capacity of 660 pounds, but the fitment for the new JLU is not available yet. We hope to begin designing a system soon and the goal is to release something within the next year.

If it’s important to you, frontrunner and rhino require drilling holes in the roof(top)

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Front Runner

The Rhino Rack Backbone, which will be coming out eventually should be one of the strongest roof racks available. It transfers the weight through the roof into the vehicle. I'm currently waiting for this option myself...
Sponsored