Sponsored

The Roof Rack List (JL / JLU Wrangler)

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe

5. I recently got a hardtop and taking off the soft top completely wasn’t to difficult but I still had to loosen the rack remove the soft top and install the hardtop. I was able to remove the soft top by myself but putting on the hardtop took 3 of us. Because of that I don’t think I’ll ever take the hardtop off again as long as the rack is on.

Just an FYI, I purchased a hard top from a guy that had a rack similar to this. His top was scratched to hell and back, so I got it for a big discount. He told me it was just impossible to get the top off without contacting the rack somewhere, so he switched to a soft top full time. He was using a hoist, which I would think gave him more control to keep lateral movement to a minimum, still couldn't do it without issues.
Sponsored

Maqjeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sports s unlimited
Just an FYI, I purchased a hard top from a guy that had a rack similar to this. His top was scratched to hell and back, so I got it for a big discount. He told me it was just impossible to get the top off without contacting the rack somewhere, so he switched to a soft top full time. He was using a hoist, which I would think gave him more control to keep lateral movement to a minimum, still couldn't do it without issues.
Exactly! I can’t ever go back to a soft top for that reason.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Good Day Jeep JL owners! My name is Mike and I'm the Brand Manager for ARS (Adventure Rack Systems) which is owned by MetalCloak. There are a multitude of great rack products out there on the market. Feel free to reach out with any questions regarding our products and I'll do my best to assist you.
Mike, I need a roof rack that will carry an iKamper xCover on my JLU with the Sky One-Touch top and AEV bumpers. Do you support that combo and, if so, what are your lead times?

Adventure Rack Systems

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ARS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, 2018 JL Wrangler
Ratbert, we have a rack for the Skytop JLU that will hold your Xcover. The AEV bumpers are the only barrier. Not to say that it can’t be done, but we don’t have a bracket to accommodate bumpers from other companies. We support all the stock bumper configurations and our own bumpers only.
It would be pretty easy to fab up your own adapters, we just aren’t able to have adapters for every bumper out there. Probably not the answer you wanted and I apologize. Let me know what other questions you might have.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Ratbert, we have a rack for the Skytop JLU that will hold your Xcover. The AEV bumpers are the only barrier. Not to say that it can’t be done, but we don’t have a bracket to accommodate bumpers from other companies. We support all the stock bumper configurations and our own bumpers only.
It would be pretty easy to fab up your own adapters, we just aren’t able to have adapters for every bumper out there. Probably not the answer you wanted and I apologize. Let me know what other questions you might have.
Are there specific model numbers for a configuration that supports the sky one touch with a RTT?

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

teddo

First Name
Teddo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I haven't been able to find the cross bars that @Casey250 installed in one of his videos. Those seem to be significantly lower and won't protrude out beyond the edge of the Jeep. Where do i buy those?
I asked him about this on one of his videos and he said they were the standard ARS load bars
https://adventureracksystems.com/2in-cross-bar-and-billet-mount-kit.html

With that said, he talks about "Spreader Bars" that don't appear to have the same tube clamp mounts as the one's on the ARS site, so maybe @Adventure Rack Systems can tell us?

Adventure Rack Systems

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ARS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Casey250 uses our standard load bars and prefers those because it gives him a little bit of clearance under the RTT to get his hands in and tighten/adjust things if needed, plus he likes mounting lights on the ends of the load bars. We Do have a new RTT spread bar coming out that will allow the RTT to sit down flush on the rack system. It should be available within a few weeks or in May sometime.

Sponsored

Adventure Rack Systems

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ARS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the RTT underbar mount (attaching pic) that Casey250 used in the video was a prototype that we sent him to try out. We ended up up scrapping that for a few reasons and the new one will be much better.

Screenshot 2022-04-22 111005.jpg

Adventure Rack Systems

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ARS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked him about this on one of his videos and he said they were the standard ARS load bars
https://adventureracksystems.com/2in-cross-bar-and-billet-mount-kit.html

With that said, he talks about "Spreader Bars" that don't appear to have the same tube clamp mounts as the one's on the ARS site, so maybe @Adventure Rack Systems can tell us?
Hi guys, here's a sneak peek of the newer low-profile RTT mount. the end caps can be replaced with an awning mount (also attached). We should have these available in May sometime.

R75400.PNG.png

RTT mount.png

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Hi guys, here's a sneak peek of the newer low-profile RTT mount. the end caps can be replaced with an awning mount (also attached). We should have these available in May sometime.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Roof Rack List (JL / JLU Wrangler) RTT mount

Jeep Wrangler JL The Roof Rack List (JL / JLU Wrangler) RTT mount
Damn. Mine shipped yesterday and I really wanted the lower profile version. Is there any opportunity to swap them out when the new version becomes available? I won't have a Jeep to install it all on for at least two months.

Adventure Rack Systems

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ARS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The load bars are awesome for mounting any existing rack accessories like Yakima or Thule, so I recommend those over the low profile RTT mounts. The RTT will mostly just be for getting the tent down low as possible. You’ll still be able to buy the awning mounts separately if preferred.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

The load bars are awesome for mounting any existing rack accessories like Yakima or Thule, so I recommend those over the low profile RTT mounts. The RTT will mostly just be for getting the tent down low as possible. You’ll still be able to buy the awning mounts separately if preferred.
The only reason for the rack is to mount our tent. The lower the better, ideally low enough that it fits through our garage doors.
Sponsored