The Roof Rack List (JL / JLU Wrangler)

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
For anyone wanting to see how the Gobi rack works with the soft top, check my video out! Sorry it's not an install video but I wasn't able to record it when I put it on, but you can see how you put the soft top back with it on and a quick overview of how it's attached.

Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Do any of you using the Maximus-3 rack have any increase in wind noise with the Pioneer platform so close to the hard top?

Been waiting more than a year for Rhino Rack backbone, but still evaluating other options...
I've got the larger version. I only put on side rails. No more wind noise then normal. I've heard some folks complain about wind noise when they put the full surround rails on. I also have Hothead Headliners which makes a difference too less noise, better temp and stereo sounds better.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I’m very disappointed in Rhino Rack for the constant delay. Seriously how much could have changed between JL and JK. It’s not like they had to reinvent the wheel.

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
I’m very disappointed in Rhino Rack for the constant delay. Seriously how much could have changed between JL and JK. It’s not like they had to reinvent the wheel.
Although I am not happy with the wait, I assume there is some issue going on... I am pretty sure they want to release it and start collecting the money on it. Maybe the front support? The JK’s was different Then how they have it set up now.

CMâ›°

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
Although I am not happy with the wait, I assume there is some issue going on... I am pretty sure they want to release it and start collecting the money on it. Maybe the front support? The JK’s was different Then how they have it set up now.
I think the front support bolts through the sport bar rather than just resting on it. Not sure if this is the cause of the delay though.

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Either way, when they do release the backbone system for the 2 door I will have a very hard decision to make. I've grown really attached to my Bestop Sunrider for hardtop.

:asshat:

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
The new LOD Offroad Roof Rack for the JK and JL, which promises to slide to either side for soft top/Freedom panels removal seems worth the wait to at least hear reviews on, but does anyone know why the original version of this rack for the JK, which slid to the rear, appears discontinued and never quite made a dent in the market?

I can't find reviews on the internet and I was wondering if any JK owners have legacy knowledge of this original product's life cycle, price, and functionality that might explain its seemingly lackluster sales and removal from sale by LOD.

Thanks.

Dale_PHX

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
*** We will all update this main post with links as JL roof rack aftermarket options become available ***

If you see any JL specific rack/basket setups available, please post them here. Community members will keep the main post updated as posts are made.

Also, if you know of an estimated release date from a specific roof rack company, post it up.

Thanks

Available Now

- EVO Rack
- Gobi Stealth Rack
- KC KC HiLiTES KC M-RACKS
- Maximus 3 Short
- Maximus 3 Long
- Mopar Rails
- Rhino Rack Rails
- Expedition One Mule Ultra Rack

Confirmed / Not Yet Released
- Ace Engineering (No date given)
- Body Armor 4x4 (July 2018)
- Fab Fours (Will not be making a JL rack)
- Garvin Wildreness (No date given)
- JCR Offroad (No date given)
- Lange Originals (No date given)
- LOD Offroad (Spring 2018)
- MBRP (No date given)
- Rhino Backbone/Pioneer (on display at 2018 SEMA show, no date yet)
- Smittybilt (No date given)
- Surco Safari (Spring/Summer 2018)
- Teraflex (No date given)
- Trail FX (working version comparable to their JK rack ... no date given)
- Warrior Products (Spring 2018)
- Front Runner ('Available next year')

Have not responded to emails
- ARB
- Kargo Master Safari

- Off Camber Productions
- Olympic 4x4
- VPR4x4
Kargo Master's release date will be June 2019; I can send you a copy of the email I received from them.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I have a JLUR with hardtop. What specific parts will I need to order for the Back Bone system + Pioneer Platform, when it becomes available? The pre-2018 (JKU) system also includes optional 3 Base Mounts but also 'quick-release' bracket stantions. Do the quick-release brackets stand higher above the roof than the standard bolt-down units?
I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars extra for parts I probably won't use. The RR website shows four different ordering variations for the JKU system.

Sponsored

EB12

First Name
Elvir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Rather get something that is made correctly than ruin my hardtop over a faulty product.
It comes out in April. Not that much longer

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Rather get something that is made correctly than ruin my hardtop over a faulty product.
It comes out in April. Not that much longer
April you say?

I've been waiting for the Rhino Rack backbone system with Pioneer Platform.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
April you say?

I've been waiting for the Rhino Rack backbone system with Pioneer Platform.
I asked them on Instagram as one of their posts recently was a JL with the backbone and they responded April release

0594E6A3-C14E-4D03-AF0D-DF67795C281C.png
Sponsored