The Roof Rack List (JL / JLU Wrangler)

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yeah - I think I recall someone saying it is projected until sometime later in the year.

It is the only rack I personally am waiting for.
Same here. Too bad I can't sign up for a notification email from Rhino Rack when it is available...
Sponsored

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
I'm definitely looking forward to the low-profile type racks I've seen out there. There's one specifically I'd like - the one that only attaches to the hard-top, but has pass-through mounts to rest directly on the roll bar. That way everything sits on the hard-top when I want to take it all off.

not really a fan of the gobi-type that screw into the Jeep; even being able to tilt it back, I find the appearance of the bars coming down and attaching to the frame a bit clunky-looking

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I'm definitely looking forward to the low-profile type racks I've seen out there. There's one specifically I'd like - the one that only attaches to the hard-top, but has pass-through mounts to rest directly on the roll bar. That way everything sits on the hard-top when I want to take it all off.

not really a fan of the gobi-type that screw into the Jeep; even being able to tilt it back, I find the appearance of the bars coming down and attaching to the frame a bit clunky-looking
Both the Backbone system (Rhino Rack) and the Maximus-3 system use the Rhino Rack pioneer platform.

The one you are mentioning is the Maximus-3/pioneer setup.

I will use whichever one comes out for the pioneer platform first.

https://maximus-3.com/home/maximus-3-roof-rack-short-platform#/

Sponsored

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Even though they both can accommodate the pioneer platform, if your not looking to drop $1k on a new roof rack system there is the 2 bar Rhino Rack Backbone as well. I will probably go with the 3 bar system because it provides a ton of strength and work with all my current aftermarket roof rack parts without needing the Pioneer platform

scishfottman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.30MinuteSalesCoach.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon

Jeepnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma pro
I like the idea for the back bone vs a full time Gobi rack
And swapping to the hard top when I put on the rtt
Might be a pain though
I’m on the fence

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It will be interesting to see how the Rhino Rack Backbone system changes with the rain gutter going so far along the back of the hard top :like:

72commando

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Jeep Commando, '18 JLU sport s
Hopefully these start becoming available soon. I was hoping to have a rack and roof too tent installed before our first big trip in june.

Sponsored

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hopefully these start becoming available soon. I was hoping to have a rack and roof too tent installed before our first big trip in june.
I'm sure the major roof rack companies know that these are more of a priority in the summer and are working towards release dates close to that. It still doesn't make it any easier to wait unfortunately...

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I am waiting for the AEV/Pioneer Platform. I have it installed on my JK and plan on moving the platform over to the new Rubi. But AEV doesn't have the roll bar brackets ready yet.