First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
AEV posted on their site why its taking so long to release products for the JL (great design+extensive testing) and when products should appear (SEMA 2018 Show) I'll wait for them.
Sponsored

Dadawada

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Honda Goldwing Bagger
Occupation
Network Technology Executive
Vehicle Showcase
I just picked up my Rubicon this weekend. I traded a vehicle with a Thule rack system with a Thule Canyon Basket and SUP carrier. I found this site and found someone near me on this board selling a brand new Mopar rack system for a great price and just drove over and picked it up.

I had ordered a Thule system from REI which was coming in this week. It cost me over $500, just for the towers, mounts, and aero bar. I saved a bundle picking up this Mopar set.

Doing a little research, it appears this Mopar system is actually made by Yakima. The Yakima Jetstream crossbars are identical, down to the end caps. The Towers appear to be somewhat custom but the Yakima lock system fits. I see the Mopar warning about watercraft. I plan on using the system for my SUP. The SUP will be in a heavy duty board bag with a loop attached to the front of the bag. I plan to run a tie down from that to the two hooks on either side of the bumper. This should reduce any wing activity that would put stress on the rack. I plan to do the same at the rear using the fin and using tie points at the rear.

I'll report back in a couple of weeks after my first trip.

Dadawada

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Got the Mopar racks on. Like I said, they are essentially Yakima racks with Jeep branding. So if your looking for a reasonably priced overall rack, these are at least $100 less than the same from Yakima and it is the same quality and rack.

The Yakima locks do fit. They are made for them. The item to buy is:
Yakima SKS Locks, 4 Pack #07204. They were like $59.

rlRIJ3d.jpg

igN0NqP.jpg

9B9LhN8.jpg

BIaYK4R.jpg

MRFISH

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018JLU RUBICON
Vehicle Showcase
I have a used one for sale, with a SURCO basket as well...

Sponsored

drippy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2015 Toyota Highlander, 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo
Got the Mopar racks on. Like I said, they are essentially Yakima racks with Jeep branding. So if your looking for a reasonably priced overall rack, these are at least $100 less than the same from Yakima and it is the same quality and rack.

The Yakima locks do fit. They are made for them. The item to buy is:
Yakima SKS Locks, 4 Pack #07204. They were like $59.

rlRIJ3d.jpg

igN0NqP.jpg

9B9LhN8.jpg

BIaYK4R.jpg
Does this rack lock into the rail at all? Just curious if I put this rack on if I could use it to support the weight of the roof and hoist it to the ceiling. I suspect not, but thought you might know. I am looking to combine with something to get the top off.

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know much about these but cant help thinking they are so expensive. Any particular reason that I am not aware of? Just looks like rails or rails with a basket to me.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
AEV posted on their site why its taking so long to release products for the JL (great design+extensive testing) and when products should appear (SEMA 2018 Show) I'll wait for them.
Any time table for the Rhino BackBone System?

Dadawada

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Does this rack lock into the rail at all? Just curious if I put this rack on if I could use it to support the weight of the roof and hoist it to the ceiling. I suspect not, but thought you might know. I am looking to combine with something to get the top off.
It's pretty locked in. If I were careful, I would have no issue using the rack to support the roof.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Anyone who has the Maximus-3 rack AND headliners like hothead: what did you do? I put in hotheads first but now I want the rack. Remove the hotheads? How? Or Cut into them? What about sat relocation by driver side visor - does it still fit with headliner on the freedom panel?

Sponsored

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
Any time table for the Rhino BackBone System?
Word on the street is October and more specifically SEMA show. Supposedly there will be an update to the bracket system as well to make installation easier as too... This is at least what I've been hearing so I cannot confirm for certain.;)

Purity’sPa

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Maximus-3 installed. Had the local guys in Minneapolis at Zeus do that part. I just didn't have the guts to drill holes through the roof. Added a couple light bars on the side too, along with the tent.

IMG_0739.JPG
Without the side rails how much height does the rack add to the roof? (Without the tent)