Sponsored

The ROAM rear bumper / tire carrier is on point!

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
sensor holes are there, but have they tested the sensors to see that they still work without interference? See the LOD bumper tire/carrier issues discussion for reference. Also, where do the trailer lights connect? I don't see either a 7-pin or a 4-flat connector location.
Sponsored

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
Do u remember the weight on the combination of the bumper and carrier? I figured around 150 for both. Let’s hope roam can deliver. It’s only Been “next month” as the answer since late 2018.

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Nice looking bumper. I like the one with the plate in stock location. Single hitch or use stock hitch in aluminum and I would be buying one now.

ROAM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roamoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
sensor holes are there, but have they tested the sensors to see that they still work without interference?
Yes, our sensor placement and angling will not interfere with a 37" (or 35") tire mounted on our JL Slimline Tire Carrier Rear Bumper. We've tested various tires up to a 38" tire to not interfere but presently anything larger than a 38" will still trigger false positive readings. So most 37" tires should be fine.

We'll probably have a sensor relocation kit available later on for compatibility vs 40" and 42" tires, although not all 40" will cause interference for some reason. All 42" tires tested to date have had some sort of interference so a sensor relocation kit will probably still be needed if you're planning on running 40's or 42's.

Thanks!

Tara @ ROAM

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
Hate to ask but what is the eta on the bumper? Anthony told me “next month” for about 6 months and then just stopped replying to my monthly request for an update.

Sponsored

d3vils-advocate

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU, 1976 CJ5
Occupation
Firefighter
***disclaimer: the pictured unit is a pre-production version. There will be more enhancements in their future offering.

Here is a link to their website: http://www.roamoffroad.com/product/...umper-slimline-jeep-wrangler-jl-tire-carrier/

Can't beat the price for quality, anywhere.

Designed and fabricated here in the USA.

I have 38x13.50 Patagonias on 17x9 Method 106 beadlocks in the pictures below. Sitting on a 3.5" Metalcloak game-changer lift.

@ROAM

IMG_1834.JPG

IMG_1831.JPG

IMG_1749.JPG
I cant really tell from the site, but do you by chance have any idea what the difference is between the Roam JL tire carrier, and the Roam slimline JL tire carrier? Thanks

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I cant really tell from the site, but do you by chance have any idea what the difference is between the Roam JL tire carrier, and the Roam slimline JL tire carrier? Thanks
The slimline is the newer version with the tailgate opening with a single action. The old one has a latch for the carrier which separates from the tailgate. Also the license plate is in a different location. This is not official but just what I've learned here on the forum.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Whats the purpose of the 3 hitches? Can they be ordered with only one?
From what I’ve been told is the single hitch design is protected by a patent. I suggested that they make the other two secured by bolts so the end user can remove them it necessary. Currently the only plan is for 3...

I’m excited to get my hands on one as are the rest of you are. Been rolling with not spare since December and the unfinished look is driving me crazy!

Brett

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Where are the 7-pin / 4-flat trailer tow connectors? Are there plans for accessory mounts? Jerry cans/pullpal/highlift

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

Sponsored

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hate to ask but what is the eta on the bumper? Anthony told me “next month” for about 6 months and then just stopped replying to my monthly request for an update.
Yep I was told next month since December and every month I asked it was always next month. Then gave up in May.

maxjlu

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
I need this tire carrier rear bumper in my life!

wantlist.roam.jpg

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What’s the total weight of this product? @ROAM is usually good at listing it on their product pages but didn’t see the weight.