Sponsored

The ROAM rear bumper / tire carrier is on point!

VitaminK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL and military HMMWV
Putting mine on currently. Instruction are basically a note that says “good luck”. Bumper arrived in perfect shape. Great packing.
Sponsored

VitaminK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL and military HMMWV
I’ll list some issues I have with it here shortly for those interested. It’s 90% awesome.

VitaminK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL and military HMMWV
So here’s the good and the stuff that made me go Hmmmmm.

good:
Built like a tank.
Great welds.
Great coating
Probably the best packed and shipped item ever
Excellent function
Looks better than anything out there

The Hmmmm:
Mounting studs for tire mount different than what’s on the Jeep IE I have black rhino keyed lugs, they won’t fit. Have to use their lug nuts.

The passenger side of the bumper sits away from the body still looks good, just kinda odd.

The instructions and the 1 million extra parts it ships with. Sort of like buying a lego starwars set only the set includes 50% more random LEGO blocks and the instructions show the finished product with “good luck”. Oddly even with the all the extra parts I still had to go to Lowe’s to buy a screw and two nuts.

I would still recommend it. And I would buy it again over the others.

Sponsored

VitaminK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL and military HMMWV
Install was easy. The bumper is SECURE. Like you could helicopter sling load it without issue. The instructions left a lot to be desired. They were mostly pictures of completed steps with a caption that says “do that”. Obviously that’s me paraphrasing and having fun. It’s pretty easy if you’ve got some mechanical ability.