Website
www.mcneils.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Jeep JKU Rubicon, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
Occupation
Special Procedures Radiologic Technologist
Vehicle Showcase
So an interesting story:

My wife was driving the JLUR through St. Paul, MN a few weeks ago and was pulled over by a St. Paul officer. She was issued a "Fixit" ticket because the tires extend out beyond the fender flares. Our's only stick out a couple of inches. None the less, it is a law in our state. We drove our 2013 JKUR for 5 years. Those tires stuck out further than the ones on the JLUR and no officer ever blinked an eye! We ended up paying the ticket, as the repair cannot be completed in the 30 day requirement. The cost $136. OUCH!

We have been searching high and low to find extended, or wide, fender flares. Well, today we were offered great news from Bushwacker. They finally are taking pre-orders for the "Jeep Max Coverage Pocket Style Fenders" for the 2018 JL Jeeps. They referred me to:

https://www.4wheelparts.com

We contacted 4wheelparts.com. They did not have the part number in their system yet. So, we asked them how we can make it happen? We were placed on hold and a short time later, the representative came back on the line and took our order!!!

The part number is: 10921.07. Out the door cost with free shipping is only $589.12. Almost $100 cheaper than the same set for the JK models. They do not have a ship date as of yet. But at least it is getting closer! It is our understanding that these will accept the factory LED fender lights! Another great piece of news!!

We most likely will have them Line-x'ed. We like that look a lot better then the standard plastic appearance. Stay tuned. More to follow!!

You can see the "Jeep Max Coverage Style Fenders" for the JK models here:

Rear: https://www.bushwacker.com/fender-f...ender-flare-rear-pair-oe-matte-black-10044-02

Front: https://www.bushwacker.com/fender-f...nder-flare-front-pair-oe-matte-black-10045-02
Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Had this problem in Hawaii from 97-03 for my ā€˜89 YJ, failed safety inspectionā€”almostā€”inspector let me slide every year, same shop every year. It was illegal though and could have been used to pull me over for anything, at anytime.

OP
OP
mnrafter

mnrafter

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mcneils.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Jeep JKU Rubicon, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
Occupation
Special Procedures Radiologic Technologist
Vehicle Showcase
So, the gestapo cost you $700. Hate that bs.
Yep.....but to resolve any reason to pull you over, is far worth the cost! It is spendy, but we will eat it!

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37ā€™s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
Thatā€™s why I live in Texas! I have no fenders on my rears and zero flare highlines on the front of my TJ. Makes need rooster tails in the rain with the 37ā€ swampers! All we have to have is one mirror looking back and a third brake light

Sponsored

EsTxDr

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thatā€™s why I live in Texas! I have no fenders on my rears and zero flare highlines on the front of my TJ. Makes need rooster tails in the rain with the 37ā€ swampers! All we have to have is one mirror looking back and a third brake light
Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JT
So, the gestapo cost you $700. Hate that bs.
The ā€œgestapoā€ being the OPā€™s state legislators in this case? Or were you referring to those who are employed to actually put their lives on the line to enforce the laws of your state?

Xingpao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The ā€œgestapoā€ being the OPā€™s state legislators in this case? Or were you referring to those who are employed to actually put their lives on the line to enforce the laws of your state?
I am talking about the system of laws created by people and selectively enforced to serve as taxation.

Sponsored

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
I am talking about the system of laws created by people and selectively enforced to serve as taxation.
Agreed. The police can enforce at their discretion. The guy didn't have to issue a ticket but chose to. It's stupid in my opinion. I also agree that it starts with jackassery in the legislature where they make dumb laws that add no value. Some officers choose not to give tickets for said laws. Others do, for whatever reasons. I'm still waiting to get a ticket for not running a front plate on my Vette. It's been 7 years so far.

It's disappointing to hear that they actually give tickets out for stuff like this. Kind of cock-blocks our build options if we want to avoid the potential of a costly change later.

mbr134

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
So an interesting story:

My wife was driving the JLUR through St. Paul, MN a few weeks ago and was pulled over by a St. Paul officer. She was issued a "Fixit" ticket because the tires extend out beyond the fender flares. Our's only stick out a couple of inches. None the less, it is a law in our state. We drove our 2013 JKUR for 5 years. Those tires stuck out further than the ones on the JLUR and no officer ever blinked an eye! We ended up paying the ticket, as the repair cannot be completed in the 30 day requirement. The cost $136. OUCH!

We have been searching high and low to find extended, or wide, fender flares. Well, today we were offered great news from Bushwacker. They finally are taking pre-orders for the "Jeep Max Coverage Pocket Style Fenders" for the 2018 JL Jeeps. They referred me to:

https://www.4wheelparts.com

We contacted 4wheelparts.com. They did not have the part number in their system yet. So, we asked them how we can make it happen? We were placed on hold and a short time later, the representative came back on the line and took our order!!!

The part number is: 10921.07. Out the door cost with free shipping is only $589.12. Almost $100 cheaper than the same set for the JK models. They do not have a ship date as of yet. But at least it is getting closer! It is our understanding that these will accept the factory LED fender lights! Another great piece of news!!

We most likely will have them Line-x'ed. We like that look a lot better then the standard plastic appearance. Stay tuned. More to follow!!

You can see the "Jeep Max Coverage Style Fenders" for the JK models here:

Rear: https://www.bushwacker.com/fender-f...ender-flare-rear-pair-oe-matte-black-10044-02

Front: https://www.bushwacker.com/fender-f...nder-flare-front-pair-oe-matte-black-10045-02
Did you get max coverage for your JL. Looking for something to solve same issue.

Aloha Offroad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get max coverage for your JL. Looking for something to solve same issue.
I think the problem with these is that they are not oem fenders, which are required in PA (I believe).

Last edited:

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Donā€™t whine about the next rock impact on your windshield. The rule is to reduce the impact damage to others, not to complicate your sense of style.