Sponsored

The Pachage is Pretty, but it's Broken...

Seansun01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL, build date 12/12/17; 2015 Harley-Davidson Heritage Classic Softail
I took delivery of my JL Unlimited in the beginning of February. It had 150 miles on it when it was delivered. Within 3 days of delivery (and less than 150 miles of my own) I had a big transmission leak that resulted in an inspection failure and a tow job to the dealership - tow driver couldn't get it into reverse when he put her on the flatbed. Since then, the vehicle has failed to start on 4 occasions (used remote start in one event to get rolling), the vehicle has gone into accessory mode instead of shutting down 5 times, I've gotten warning light that rear turn signal is out when it's working twice, and a rear break light is actually out, but of course I didn't get any warning light for that - a cop friend who was driving behind me called to tell me that I'm a rolling citation. I've put 1100 miles on my vehicle and had more problems than I had on my 2015 in the 2+ years I had her So I'm totally disillusioned by the JL.
Sponsored

hdps

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 cherokee 2018 wrangler unlimited JL on order
I took delivery of my JL Unlimited in the beginning of February. It had 150 miles on it when it was delivered. Within 3 days of delivery (and less than 150 miles of my own) I had a big transmission leak that resulted in an inspection failure and a tow job to the dealership - tow driver couldn't get it into reverse when he put her on the flatbed. Since then, the vehicle has failed to start on 4 occasions (used remote start in one event to get rolling), the vehicle has gone into accessory mode instead of shutting down 5 times, I've gotten warning light that rear turn signal is out when it's working twice, and a rear break light is actually out, but of course I didn't get any warning light for that - a cop friend who was driving behind me called to tell me that I'm a rolling citation. I've put 1100 miles on my vehicle and had more problems than I had on my 2015 in the 2+ years I had her So I'm totally disillusioned by the JL.

hdps

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 cherokee 2018 wrangler unlimited JL on order
I have had 5 new cars in my life the last one a Jeep Cherokee purchased new. I had her for 18 years before me engine went. None of my cars had more than 7 miles on them. A car with 150 miles was used taken for test drives. Thanks to my brother and my uncles and my uncle has a collection of 30 or so cars. I have been with them during a test drive they slam the gears push the car to see what it will take. And never buy the car they tested. Your car was abused before it was ever purchased by you.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Sucks man. 150 miles on delivery implies a number of people drove it, as mentioned.

But even if they beat the piss out of it, a proper vehicle should not be having problems so early into ownership. Jeep has never been particularly reliable but the new-gen Wrangler is off to a below-average start--even for Jeep.

I hope your current problem is the last with the vehicle. Cheers.

OP
OP

Seansun01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL, build date 12/12/17; 2015 Harley-Davidson Heritage Classic Softail
It was transported from a dealership in Rhode Island. That accounts for about 75 of those miles. The dealer then delivered it to my home which accounts for another 40 miles, so the mileage isn't that far off. Nonetheless, I shouldn't be having all these problems this early into my ownership experience.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Check the connection on the CANbus terminal behind the glove box, sometimes they aren’t fully seated. Make sure all of your fuses and relays are fully seated. Also, if your Jeep sat in inventory for a few months, and you have ESS, both batteries could be under charged or the aux battery could be dead.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Check the connection on the CANbus terminal behind the glove box, sometimes they aren’t fully seated. Make sure all of your fuses and relays are fully seated. Also, if your Jeep sat in inventory for a few months, and you have ESS, both batteries could be under charged or the aux battery could be dead.
Holy thread revival!

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Well hell, that's what I get for scrolling down at the bottom of a current thread.
Sponsored