Sponsored

The One Option I wish They Would Offer...

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
I took delivery of my 2018 JLUR last Monday, 4/9/2018, with everything on it that I specifically ordered and wanted...and I am very happy and satisfied with the results so far. I have no complaints about performance, reliability or gas mileage. However...there is one option that I never see any more these days and I really wish they would offer it on the Jeep -- a larger gas tank...or...possibly a second tank. I think the 21.5 gallon tank is too small. Why not offer at least a 25 or 26 gallon tank as standard equipment on the JLUR or for that matter, a second 21.5 gallon tank as an option? I have a 2013 Ford F-150 4x4 and because it is a 4x4, it comes standard with a 36 gallon tank. I believe that if you have just a 4x2 F-150, the tank is 26 gallons. Anyway, I'd definitely pay a few extra bucks to have a larger tank or a second one included in my build.
Sponsored

dond49

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon OBM
I took delivery of my 2018 JLUR last Monday, 4/9/2018, with everything on it that I specifically ordered and wanted...and I am very happy and satisfied with the results so far. I have no complaints about performance, reliability or gas mileage. However...there is one option that I never see any more these days and I really wish they would offer it on the Jeep -- a larger gas tank...or...possibly a second tank. I think the 21.5 gallon tank is too small. Why not offer at least a 25 or 26 gallon tank as standard equipment on the JLUR or for that matter, a second 21.5 gallon tank as an option? I have a 2013 Ford F-150 4x4 and because it is a 4x4, it comes standard with a 36 gallon tank. I believe that if you have just a 4x2 F-150, the tank is 26 gallons. Anyway, I'd definitely pay a few extra bucks to have a larger tank or a second one included in my build.
I wish they would offer a larger or better yet a second tank as well. I'm hoping Genright will build a secondary tank sometime soon.

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Bigger tank = more gas = heavier vehicle = worse mpg’s = bad for FCA numbers ;)
I think that tank thing is very personal, and the current tank is just fine unless you go spend days isolated and far from a gas station

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
Gas V6 Turbo would be fun I think. Or 4.10 gear ratio for Sahara instead of 3.45

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Are Gerry gas cans not an adequate solution here? I would presume this additional size would be needed, if not also wanted, when far away from a gas station on trails. It's also not as safe as a larger gas tank.

True, that larger gas tank weighs more, but particularly when its filled to capacity. Those with larger tanks could, like in the world of aviation, not fill the tanks entirely based on destination distance.

Not to hijack the thread, but the one option I wish they would have offered was back seat side airbags--but that's me, not the market.

Sponsored

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
Are Gerry gas cans not an adequate solution here? I would presume this additional size would be needed, if not also wanted, when far away from a gas station on trails. It's also not as safe as a larger gas tank.

True, that larger gas tank weighs more, but particularly when its filled to capacity. Those with larger tanks could, like in the world of aviation, not fill the tanks entirely based on destination distance.

Not to hijack the thread, but the one option I wish they would have offered was back seat side airbags--but that's me, not the market.
Yeah same

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6

Having a 1/2 empty or more gas tank is not good, especially in colder areas. So I don’t think it’s a good think

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I wish they would offer a V8. I'm not a customer for one but I understand why other people would want one. I also wish they offered the turbo with the manual. DRL/LEDs on the Sport.

Little stuff in the scheme of things.

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Most likely reason the tank is the size it is, packaging......I'm sure they could offer a much larger tank if they removed the exhaust, and transfer case, while doing away with the rear driveshaft and make it fwd only......I'd imagine like on the JKs of you eliminate the muffler there will be an auxiliary tank you could add at a pretty great expense. Even in a TJ with a 19 gallon tank I've only needed an extra 10 gallons in 2 five gallon cans to get me to where ever I wanted to go an back to a place to refuel.

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Factory on board air with a quick connect at each end.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 32 Gallon gas tank in my Ram 1500... I hardly ever filled it up, only if I was going to drive a long distance. I usually put in half a tank worth for the week.
Sponsored