Sponsored

The OEM LED light package is dangerous in snow.

Jeep Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
duuuude
While yall bicker, bitch, argue, defend and complain, and overthink it, I'm installing me the 3 decade old, tried and tested headlamp squirters, which will solve this freezing issue once and for all 😤.

As an added bonus, they will also be great at keeping them clean during summer off-road season.

win win 🦾🦾

Prediction: Next gen, Jeep will offer this 🤫

OP
OP
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 2005 TJ Rubi, 2012 JK Rubi, 2023 JLU Rubi
While yall bicker, bitch, argue, defend and complain, and overthink it, I'm installing me the 3 decade old, tried and tested headlamp squirters, which will solve this freezing issue once and for all 😤.

As an added bonus, they will also be great at keeping them clean during summer off-road season.

win win 🦾🦾

Prediction: Next gen, Jeep will offer this 🤫
please do a write-up. I’d like to see the finished product.

it’s weird that the forward facing camera gets a squirter from the factory, but the headlights get nothing.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

please do a write-up. I’d like to see the finished product.

it’s weird that the forward facing camera gets a squirter from the factory, but the headlights get nothing.
Maybe because their intention was the front cam would to be used in the environment and elements for which it was designed. I don’t see snowplows with much articulation.

Why do we always have to take the discussion beyond faults. Instead some see reason beyond critiquing. There is a place no doubt… but in this case the LED option is a choice!

Here is the decision of a stupid lawsuit. “Another Warning Label”

Sponsored

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
It took 16 pages, but Wbino finally found the rock bottom.

Well done.
Wow, they really are after you now :(
I doubt any of these nice folks even read the very first post you made back on page one or these couldn't possibly be the responses
Or they all live in Southern Florida and don't see the issue with the snow and ice blocking the headlights completely - while your actually driving ! ❄
It is nice to see these idiots attacking someone besides me for a change though 🤣

OP
OP
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, they really are after you now :(
I doubt any of these nice folks even read the very first post you made back on page one or these couldn't possibly be the responses
Or they all live in Southern Florida and don't see the issue with the snow and ice blocking the headlights completely - while your actually driving ! ❄
It is nice to see these idiots attacking someone besides me for a change though 🤣
i keep rising to the bait because I keep thinking folks can be reasonable-or at least disagree reasonably.

there were some highlights from the discussion, so allow me to summarize the constructive ideas raised by this post:

1. Apply wax or rainx to the headlight lenses.
- I purchased some rainx plastic coating and applied it to one headlight. I’m curious to see if it fares better than the untreated one.

2. (Most likely the best answer) install a pair of halogen accessory lights.
- ensure they’re aimed low to hopefully avoid blinding other motorists or pissing off Johnny Law.​
- some claimed that high power led’s, such as Squadrens, get hot enough to melt snow. (But I still think halogens are the safest bet.)​

3. There was a lively, yet ultimately fruitless, discussion about what Jeep should do. Folks landed in one of four camps:
- Jeep should have heated LED’s​
- Jeep should offer heated LED’s​
- Folks who don’t want to pull over to manually clear their headlights are p*ssies​
- Jeep is perfect, if you criticize them in any regard, you’re a communist who pisses on the flag.​

4. There was an even less useful discussion on FCA’s potential legal exposure.
- nothing useful came from that discussion.​

5. For snow use, yellow tinted fogs are best.

6. Folks from New Jersey don’t like Utahns
- Your Moab privileges are hereby revoked.​

and that’s it, every thing else was meaningless porch barking.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I got a pretty simple fix for you...

I'm not really huge fan of Angry Bird eyes, but you can buy them for like 27 bucks on Amazon I know. Take them and heat up the plastic that forms the eyelid (I guess you could call it that) and stretch it out into a vestibule form. Either that or you could easily take some screen door mesh and put that over the headlight hole too. Shoot if you really wanted to you could probably take some screen door mesh and place that over the angry Bird eyes, obviously after you cut off the angry Bird eyelid so it's just an open hole insert, and then snap that in place. Now you have mesh covering stopping most large debris and probable snowflakes from flying into the indent.

I know you can get those aftermarket heat source defrosters for headlights. I'm going to go hit up Alibaba and see if I can't find you a link.

Honestly I'd probably say you're looking at some DIY work, I've never heard of this problem before, and I doubt after 17 pages of craziness, anyone makes a product you can just plug and play.

Sponsored

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
Prestone sells a spray that you can put on the windshield and lights prior to a snow storm. It's supposed to stop ice or snow from sticking.
I wonder if the high methanol ingredients are safe for repeated use on your headlights? If so, Great idea👍

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
i have them on order. I purchased the Mopar mounting brackets and KC 100w daylighters. I’m going to tint them yellow and only use them during snow storms.

it should look a lot like this…

0094311D-8562-4D48-857E-3CAB7133A836.jpeg

…only, I’ll be using clear polycarbonate stone guards that I’ll tint yellow.

I’ll be wiring them with 10 gauge wire and running straight to ‘Aux 1’s’ 40 amp fuse. That way, I can run up to 150w bulbs if the supplied 100w bulbs don’t melt the snow well enough. 100w bulbs will PROBABLY be enough, but I’d rather spend a few bucks on heavy duty wire than have to redo the whole thing on the off chance 100’s won’t stand up to the Sierra cement we keep getting this year.😉
Somebody needs to manufacture heated halo rings!

OP
OP
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Somebody needs to manufacture heated halo rings!
when I asked the salesperson about the troubles with unheated LED’s, he said the halos on the new Jeep kept the headlights warm enough to melt snow.

what a dirtbag.

skicounselor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR
So I agree that LED in heavy or lake effect snow is tough. If you’re traveling in light traffic just run your fog lights and daytime running lights. I only turned in my headlights when I saw oncoming traffic approaching. Worked great.
Sponsored