sarum87

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ 7
Vehicle Showcase
Posting as an FYI if this can help someone.

I need to run a wire from my ARB fridge in the back to the aux battery in my Genesis Dual Battery set up. See pics.

Inside the engine bay on the drivers side you will find a black cap on the fire wall. This just pops off with a pull with some pliers. When you go to the inside of the jeep, on the drivers side and look up into the corner to the left of the brake pedal you can clearly see the opening. Very easy.

Note that this is for an automatic jeep, I believe the manuals have a clutch pedal in this area.

IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_4527.jpg

IMG_4528.jpg

IMG_4529.jpg

IMG_4530.jpg

IMG_4531.jpg

IMG_4532.jpg
Sponsored

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
I used that spot and a universal boot (has two coax cables and 10 gauge power) along with a drip loop created by zip tying to some other cables. Final step was a zip tie on the boot at the cable entry point - this shot is right before that and is rotated 90 degrees.

Jeep Wrangler JL The no-drilling 10 second way to get through JL firewall to run electrical wire 959C27D7-443E-430F-BB90-CFDDF57A0089

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Been needing to run my wires for my arb fridge plug, but haven’t started looking for an easy opening. Now I don’t have to. Thanks

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
chief bottle washer
Been needing to run my wires for my arb fridge plug, but haven’t started looking for an easy opening. Now I don’t have to. Thanks
You don’t really need a coat hanger depending on the wire. I did at first but then found I could just feed wire down and it was easy to grab. In fact so easy I re-ran things when I wanted to clean up part of the routing and get it just so. Manual trans folks are out of luck though.

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I used that spot and a universal boot (has two coax cables and 10 gauge power) along with a drip loop created by zip tying to some other cables. Final step was a zip tie on the boot at the cable entry point - this shot is right before that and is rotated 90 degrees.
Which boot did you use? I've been meaning to buy one since i just have a cable going through the hole right now lol.

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
chief bottle washer

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I really appreciate the info! nostatic did that go all the way in? or did it stop short?

I do agree that I find the gap a little odd. Would be nice if they included some kinda foam to plug the hole. I partially want it because I hear more noise with that hole open lol.

The marine one looks interesting, imbuere! let me know how that one works out! :)

Sponsored

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
when I ran my coax cables and lines for my speaker back in 2018, I drilled a large hole in that plug and ran everything through the hole. Once the plug was back in place, I sealed it with a generous portion of coax seal. Haven't had any leaks or problems.

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
chief bottle washer
This looks like there’s still a gap for things to come in.

Ive been researching this for a while and landed with a marine application:

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Sys...968J9P&psc=1&refRID=ED027G3MCNJ1SC968J9P&th=1

Mine will go in as soon as my wire is here. It’s my next project in queue.
I added a zip tie (not pictured) that cinches down where the cables enter the boot. I also have a drip loop so the cable run below the boot right before they enter. If I really was worried I could put a dab of RTV sealant but it should be fairly watertight as-is.

me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed Manual; 2008 Ford F450; 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Vehicle Showcase
You don’t really need a coat hanger depending on the wire. I did at first but then found I could just feed wire down and it was easy to grab. In fact so easy I re-ran things when I wanted to clean up part of the routing and get it just so. Manual trans folks are out of luck though.
I created a post for Manual Folks - the short version is that you basically poke through the rubber wire harness boot up in the passenger side footwell.

MikeS_in_PA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Another option is to remove the passenger side dash access cover located on the side of the dashboard. In that compartment you will see a small hole @ 3/4" diameter with insulating foam in it. If you poke through the foam with a fish tape or hanger your wires will exit the passenger compartment and come out into the engine compartment very close to the battery.
Sponsored