Sponsored

Den_JL2DR

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SportS 2DR 6 Cyl Hardtop
A push from under dash with fingers and it popped out onto the floor on mine. Was running wiring for aux lights, drilled a hole into the cap and returned it with grommet.
All for nimble hands for certain both sides.
Jeep Wrangler JL The no-drilling 10 second way to get through JL firewall to run electrical wire Pass_through

BTW, if planning to run a wire across the engine it helps to start the wire on the engine side, up into the lower port of wiring raceway, driver's side of fuse box after opening the top clips of the wire raceway over the engine, and then gently push that wire up with dulled ends, not to scratch mess of wires in the raceway up and pull it out and then lay across the top of the raceway and work it under the clips and then pass out the driver's side of raceway to work down to the manual transmission firewall access.

Was easier for me to start it up the raceway engine side and across and work over to the cab given how cramped the raceway is not opening all the clips as they are difficult to open.

Grey wire entering raceway - wrapping with tape later, see link below, note to clip to other battery wire to not lay on hot parts.
Jeep Wrangler JL The no-drilling 10 second way to get through JL firewall to run electrical wire raceway_exit

Pulling back the raceway, cramped, careful to dull wire tips if using solid core before feeding upwards:
Jeep Wrangler JL The no-drilling 10 second way to get through JL firewall to run electrical wire raceway_peek

After inserting along clips, exiting raceway to the firewall access hole:
Jeep Wrangler JL The no-drilling 10 second way to get through JL firewall to run electrical wire raceway_enter

Jeep Wrangler JL The no-drilling 10 second way to get through JL firewall to run electrical wire Engine_side

That raceway is not easy to open with the clips, most likely a dealer tool, couple screwdrivers
and patience, opened only the top clips enough to insert the cable along the length.

Source of harness wrap for engine side wiring, OEM look: Wire harness hi-temp wrap
Sponsored

Last edited:

swang

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Brandon,
Did you have success with this plug? How did you attach it to the firewall?
Brandon,
Did you have success with this plug? How did you attach it to the firewall?
Still haven’t got to this. I’m waiting until my 36k mile warranty runs out and will be doing the ESS delete and installing traditional firewall pass through at the same time. Hopefully in the next few months since I’m at 33 k miles now.

DJ3033

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
We recently installed heated seats in our JL, and used this method and the Daystar KU20040BK boot to run wires. Easy install, works perfect, and seals out dirt/water.

It helps to have a 2nd person inside the car helping feed the wires through the Daystar firewall boot while someone outside is receiving (or vice versa), when done, zip tie and/or use electrical tape to keep wires in place and help better seal against water/dirt.

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
when I ran my coax cables and lines for my speaker back in 2018, I drilled a large hole in that plug and ran everything through the hole. Once the plug was back in place, I sealed it with a generous portion of coax seal. Haven't had any leaks or problems.
I did the same thing when I ran the wires for my switch panel control box under the hood. Drilled it and sealed it with some silicone. So far, no problems.

Sponsored

Lightguy

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon Sting Grey
A push from under dash with fingers and it popped out onto the floor on mine. Was running wiring for aux lights, drilled a hole into the cap and returned it with grommet.
All for nimble hands for certain both sides.
Jeep Wrangler JL The no-drilling 10 second way to get through JL firewall to run electrical wire Engine_side

BTW, if planning to run a wire across the engine it helps to start the wire on the engine side, up into the lower port of wiring raceway, driver's side of fuse box after opening the top clips of the wire raceway over the engine, and then gently push that wire up with dulled ends, not to scratch mess of wires in the raceway up and pull it out and then lay across the top of the raceway and work it under the clips and then pass out the driver's side of raceway to work down to the manual transmission firewall access.

Was easier for me to start it up the raceway engine side and across and work over to the cab given how cramped the raceway is not opening all the clips as they are difficult to open.

Grey wire entering raceway - wrapping with tape later, see link below, note to clip to other battery wire to not lay on hot parts.

Pulling back the raceway, cramped, careful to dull wire tips if using solid core before feeding upwards:

After inserting along clips, exiting raceway to the firewall access hole:

That raceway is not easy to open with the clips, most likely a dealer tool, couple screwdrivers
and patience, opened only the top clips enough to insert the cable along the length.

Source of harness wrap for engine side wiring, OEM look: Wire harness hi-temp wrap
This was super helpful!!! Thanks for posting!!

Rsarffs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler unlimited rubicon, 15 rzr xp1000
If removing from engine bay side, twist cap clockwise
Sponsored