Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager – Domestic Tuning at Holley
Does this really not support the Eco-diesel, or is that just a glitch on the Website? When I enter in my Jeep info these are not listed as supported.
No 3.0 support here currently. Hopefully in the future.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager – Domestic Tuning at Holley
Is there an updated comparison to Tazer? I use winch mode frequently and don't want to connect a device just to enable it.
I'll have to see if we can get something put together.

Reactions: J0E

Tubesoc

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I suspect we're going to see a lot of used Tazers for sale. I really like the FlashCal+ interface. Although prupose driven, the interface is my one complaint with Tazer.

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

Just installed mine. Turned off my DRL fender lights now they won’t come back on and none of the other DRL options work (low beam, fog etc. ) Halos go on and off through the app but that’s it.

Fender lights work when headlights are on.

All lights are OEM from the Jeep led light package with no electrical mods other than lights on the tow package aux switches

Sponsored

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
Looked at the demo mode on app, user interface is great. I like it, might have to upgrade in the future

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

Looked at the demo mode on app, user interface is great. I like it, might have to upgrade in the future
The setup is very user friendly. Module finds your phone quickly. Hopefully an update can fix the DRL issue. Calling Superchips tech tomorrow. Hopefully user error

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Any chance of getting Android Auto/Apple Car Play integration?
That would be really cool, but the programmer in me wonders how that would work. The phone connects to the flashcal+ wirelessly and Android Auto uses a wireless connection to the entertainment unit. Hmmmm could be cool though!

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Unless I missed it, I didn't see anything about clearing or reading check engine codes ?

My jeep went into limp mode and I was unable to clear it. .. I'm under the impression the Tazer can .. .

Sponsored

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart
@Wheelin Matt

DO, do consider purchasing a security gateway bypass extension cable for use when you install the provided by Superchips, dedicated security gateway bypass module...that you need to use with a JL and the Flashcal+.

Purchase an extension cable now so when you get the Flashcal+ you can do your Flashcal+ install incorporating the extension cable in the deed.

Pretty much anyone that has ever done the dance with the 2 cables at the security gateway will tell you to absolutely buy a SGW Extension Cable.

Do a forum search using the words "security gateway extension cable" to find out where to buy the extension cable. There is one USA company selling such a cable.

For those interested... the Flashcal+ you buy and use with the associated app, can presently, (guess that could change someday) only be used on one vehicle. Another words you cannot buy licenses so you can use one paid for device on multiple vehicles..

Also, something else.... IF you wonder why the Flashcal+ for the JL/JT, costs more $ then the Flashcal+ for the JK .... well undoubtedly, it's because Superchips is sending out a security gateway bypass module with the JL/JT offering. This bypass is a must have/necessary when working with with a JL/JT... but not necessary when working with a JK.

Can I get this unit without the security gateway bypass module? I already have the ECRI security gateway bypass module for use with my OBDLinkMX+ and my BlueDriver. I also have the Z Automotive security gateway extension cable. The Flashcal+ looks to be easier to use than my Tazer, no marry unmarry and cycling 3 times, easier to use interface, etc.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
That would be really cool, but the programmer in me wonders how that would work. The phone connects to the flashcal+ wirelessly and Android Auto uses a wireless connection to the entertainment unit. Hmmmm could be cool though!
@oldcjguy
I seriously doubt this would be doable. I think you are thinking as I am.
For a while it was possible to get the "Torque" Android app to display on Android Auto. It's broken now, but there are people working to fix it. Torque connects to a vehicle using an OBDII Bluetooth dongle, very similar to this product.

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart
Posting this again.... for those that are going to purchase this programming offering.... an offering that has tons of promise!

DO, do consider purchasing a security gateway bypass extension cable for use when you install the provided by Superchips, dedicated security gateway bypass module...that you need to use with a JL and the Flashcal+. Buy and have the security gateway bypass module before you do the Flashcal+ install the first time!

Purchase an extension cable now so when you get the Flashcal+ you can do your Flashcal+ install incorporating the extension cable in the deed.

Pretty much anyone that has ever done the dance with the 2 cables at the security gateway will tell you to absolutely buy a SGW Extension Cable.

Do a forum search using the words "security gateway extension cable" to find out where to buy the extension cable. There is one USA company selling such a cable.

Yeah yeah, I know the SGW Extension Cable costs a tad over $30 shipped.. Just remember though that cable will be saving you lots of grief... less cuts on your hands and more..

Remember that someday, when you sell that JL of your's you will be able to easily sell the cable on the forum classifieds and recoop much of what you initially spent for it. You'll be able to sell that Flashcal+ also and recoop $ spent on that also.
I absolutely 100% agree with this. Working directly on the SGW module connections is a PITA, to put it mildly. Plug in the extension cable once and be done with the hassle.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Looks a lot easier to use than a Tazer. Might have to make that jump.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
@Mike@Powerteq

Few questions Mike.

1. Is Rock Lock the same as the "dig function" the Taser just implemented?
2. Does it do "rear camera turn on with signal light"?
3. What carrier do you guyss use to ship to Canada and if it's UPS, can we choose another one? If not. Do you have a Canadian supplier?

I think the price point is great and I really like the app integration but if it doesnt do the 2 things above, it's the same as JScan which is about a 3rd of the price.
Sponsored

Last edited: