Sponsored

Apexcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500
So, what exactly does it mean when it has moved to scheduled? I placed my order 5/2 and it shows scheduled 5/5. I just thought that meant that Jeep had acknowledged the order but then I see other people on here with orders much older than mine that only show confirmed.

wmwfour

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
At least it seems to be working for everyone. Be interesting to see how much shipping info it will actually show.

Screenshot_20220523-143120_Samsung Internet.jpg

Cpgreene99

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Sport S
So, what exactly does it mean when it has moved to scheduled? I placed my order 5/2 and it shows scheduled 5/5. I just thought that meant that Jeep had acknowledged the order but then I see other people on here with orders much older than mine that only show confirmed.
From all info I've seen, that would mean parts are gathered and entering build phase (D1), as opposed to "scheduling" (D).

Sponsored

pfletcher229648

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR w/SOT, 2024 JLUR X w/SOT(On Order)
Occupation
CIO
This comment is actually insightful as to why in big companies "simple" little products like this are so incredibly hard to launch.

Little defects like this do play on folks perceptions of quality in the brand.

But, you think all it needs is a simple proofreader. But it's way harder than that.

The sentence you're looking at is put together with at least four fragments and wildcards.

It's stored in a resource bundle, something like:

"Your order %s, and your vehicle will %s to %s"

Then, in various stages, there are little snippets that get inserted into each of those.

"has been received"
"scheduled soon"
"enter production"
"be painted"

etc...

That works for most but not all statuses. For later statuses there's probably something like:

"Your vehicle %s and your dealer %s" - with

All these little grammatical constructs have to be read in place to guarantee there aren't any grammatical errors. This takes time and attention to detail. Then later, when some string is found not to be exactly to map to some status, it gets updated. But now it's grammatically out of place with the broader sentence template.

Management won't sign off on releasing anything that looks too unprofessional. But the more professional you insist on it being, the more QA cycles it has to go through, and the longer it takes, while diverting software engineers from e.g. the problem of making sure that the oldest orders aren't sitting at the metaphorical bottom of the order queue and never getting scheduled.

tl;dr?
"Software is Hard." -Ken.
Or, they outsourced that part to someone whose 1st language is not English. Either way, it's more better than my English.

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

For those of us that have managed to get our Jeeps delivered, this system can tell you the actual dates it ran down the line, cleared JB status and delivered to the dealer.

Jeep Wrangler JL The new Jeep order tracking site is up and running! Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 12.50.41 PM

Sponsored

KAB96F

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Almost like the Domino's Pizza Tracker. :jk:

Edit: Obviously I commented before reading replies. :facepalm:
Except when I order pizza, they usually don't take 5+ months to gather toppings, and then sit on there butts deciding if they actually want to make the effing pizza..... As for delivery, at this point I'll take carryout! :LOL:

SQTowelie

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting on Jeep Rubicon 4xe by 6/10
Except when I order pizza, they usually don't take 5+ months to gather toppings, and then sit on there butts deciding if they actually want to make the effing pizza..... As for delivery, at this point I'll take carryout! :LOL:
And they don't build someone's pizza that just walked in off the street placed the order while the people that ordered months ago are still awaiting their pizza.
Sponsored