OP
OP
Boz

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara JLU
I guess when it is really optioned out, it would look good. As the guy said above you… maybe that’s it. The Bronco is just freaking massive. It seemed overboard and unnecessary.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
A dealer local to me has 3 broncos on their lot. A Base, Outerbanks, and Wildtrack that were canceled customer orders that were built anyway and are now available to the general public. They are being sold for "not a penny less than $10k over msrp" and test drives are not permitted until getting the ball rolling with the finance person. I first saw them a month ago and was not surprised to see they are still sitting there when I drove past a couple days ago. My tire guy is just south of that dealer.

I can sorta see the markup reasoning on them, but I just saw a video of a couple that got screwed. A woman made a reservation back in the beginning, and after over a year of waiting it was finally built and was shipping out to the dealer. Also worth mentioning that her husband has a 21 year relationship with this specific dealer. They called her to say the bronco would be at the dealer in a few days, but that they wanted $10k over sticker. After a couple of emotional weeks, they ended up paying $5k over.

We all know the excitement of finally getting to go see and drive away with a factory order that we waiting a couple of months for. It turns us all into a kid again, jumping up and down like it's Christmas morning. Imagine waiting over a year, just to show up in tears and hoping to hate it enough to not consider over paying for it.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I guess when it is really optioned out, it would look good. As the guy said above you… maybe that’s it. The Bronco is just freaking massive. It seemed overboard and unnecessary.
What also seems funny to me that on the length and height, it's really not massive compared to the Wrangler or the 4Runner. It's just the width that went crazy.

I mean 86.2 inches wide with the mirrors? I'm not confident I could park two of them side by side in a standard garage without folding in mirrors. But when Ford has the best selling vehicle in the country (F150) coming in at almost 96" wide, why not lean into it I guess. I think they'll sell a ton based on the size alone. Some people love it. I wouldn't be surprised if they snag some Tahoe prospects as well. Not quite as long as a Tahoe, but that's another big vehicle that just continues to sell well. I know here we always compare the Bronco with the Wrangler, but given the features and trim options I think they'll be snagging market share from Wrangler, 4Runner, Tahoe/Yukon, and some others. That big screen in the Bronco is going to sway people, and I think the commanding (or as I view it, overbearing) stance will also draw people from a lot of directions.

But I've always preferred a true midsized SUV. The Bronco technically falls into that category, but it's obviously pushing the limits. Beyond the off road cons of it's size, I just wouldn't want to be cutting 3+ point turns every time I need to go somewhere. It's not like I can use the trail turn assist feature when I need to U Turn after a light.

I get the appeal. I really do. But I just don't know that I'd be happy with the trade offs of it's size.

Reactions: Boz

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Well, I've seen two in the wild and I think they look pretty trick other than the awful fender flares, but then again, I think the stock Jeep fender flares are awful so the aftermarket will fix it. That said, not for me. I love the way the Jeep looks. The new Bronco looks like an International Scout more than a Bronco. I'll be happy to wheel next to them out on the trails, share stories, and give each other shit on the regular. As of now, it's mostly Jeeps and Toyotas. I'm just giddy it's not another egg shaped SUV with varying tail lights and headlights. I'd also like to see MOAR on the road already!!

Sponsored

xidex

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
i love them, there will be one in my driveway eventually, will have to be content with my rubicon for a couple more years until they have worked the kinks out and you can actually get one...

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
You're in the 1%, not the 99%.

OP, I've seen 3 Bronco's in person now. 2 of them were hideous, 1 was a Sasquatch that was really nice. It just depends on the configuration.
That’s what she said😎

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I don't find the Bronco particularly ugly. But, they just look "soft" to me. Essentially just a rectangle with soft edges, a decent looking fender flare, and no personality. Even with the big tires and a lift, it still looks like it belongs on pavement.

I much prefer the utilitarian look of the Wrangler. To me, even a base sport model looks like it's begging to be taken off-road.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boz

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara JLU

Sponsored

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I also saw one today parked in front of a Ford dealer. The saggy soft-top gave it an impression of an old sofa left out on the curb.
You mean you didn't love this?

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 6.05.12 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: Boz
OP
OP
Boz

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara JLU
You mean you didn't love this?

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 6.05.12 PM.png
Not just the soft top, but I think the dimensions (especially at this angle) look so bad. This is the same exact model I saw, just a different color. Ford Designers: "Hey, let's throw some wheels on a shoe box and see how it looks..."

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Not just the soft top, but I think the dimensions (especially at this angle) look so bad. This is the same exact model I saw, just a different color. Ford Designers: "Hey, let's throw some wheels on a shoe box and see how it looks..."
Two door looks 'good' but the 4 door is a disaster.

SmokeyBaer

First Name
Baer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Build Thread
Link
I really wanted one and had a deposit down -- even though you never buy the first model year. It just brought back all the feels from the 79 Bronco with a home in the gas tank that my Dad had when i was a kid. We used to drive it cross country between Tours in the 80s.

Then the dealer market adjustments hit. Then the hardtop issues came. Then the softtop came out looking funky. Then I saw YT videos with the size of it on some trails. Then I saw pictures next to a Rubicon. Then I saw it on the road and almost forgot all the above, but then I saw the side profile. So I cancelled my deposit and came back to the Jeep family. Bought my 19JLU and couldn't be happier.

The first model year will essentially be 21-23 considering the supply chain delays putting the factory 18 months behind, so maybe I'll look at a used 2024 in 4 years. My Jeep will still be crawling without issues.

OffRocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Saw a 4-door bronco today in the supermarket parking lot. I concur. Soft top looks like it has wrinkled plastic windows. Reminds me of the convertibles of yesteryear.
Sponsored