Sponsored

The new Bronco is UGLY

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Not sure if others feel this way, but I was sitting at a stoplight next to a new Bronco badlands. I thought the dimensions looked off. Obviously, it is a box and chunky, but I just thought it looked terrible. It was a soft top too, which looked like absolute garbage. Bunched up in places and not smoothed out. Previously, I was intrigued looking at them online and considered getting one. Now, not a chance. My two cents. Iā€™m sticking with my ā€˜19 Sahara.

lowmpg posted this photo later in the thread, but it illustrates my point.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Turaven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wrangler Sport 4-door 6MT
It might have had an aftermarket soft top if the owner got tired of the janky hard top.

Sponsored

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I saw one on the freeway Friday night, that thing doesn't look right, just a very strange look. Its like they were building a Ford Escape and change their minds midway into the build.
The Ford Bronco Sport IS an Escape. But thatā€™s not the full size version.

SilverBackJLCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2006 Jeep LJ
The Ford Bronco Sport IS an Escape. But thatā€™s not the full size version.
Well I guess that explains it, haven't seen any full size versions on the road yet.

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Who cares about looks? I sure don't. If "the look" was important Jeep Wrangler would be close to the bottom of my list. Reliability, function and capability are the three most important things for any vehicle.

As for the Bronco it's not a bad looking rig. It needs a few years under it's belt to see if it is as capable as a Wrangler.

Unfortunately both the Wrangler and Bronco are manufactured by companies with a very poor reliability track record.

Tyler88

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Not sure if others feel this way, but I was sitting at a stoplight next to a new Bronco badlands. I thought the dimensions looked off. Obviously, it is a box and chunky, but I just thought it looked terrible. It was a soft top too, which looked like absolute garbage. Bunched up in places and not smoothed out. Previously, I was intrigued looking at them online and considered getting one. Now, not a chance. My two cents. Iā€™m sticking with my ā€˜19 Sahara.
I love my wrangler but I would like to see what the bronco looks like with a painted body color matched hard top but how production is going it will be a few years until they make that. But there is only one vehicle that I would consider to get over another wrangler and that would be if Toyota brought back the FJ Cruiser but it would have new drivetrain (probably for next gen Tacoma/4 runner), updated retro design, and actually a 4 door with a removable top. It would probably be based on the next gen 4 runner but would be probably could only exist if it had a removable top and different design to separate it from the 4 runner. Also, my theory with this is that a while back I think it was like the ceo of Toyota or someone like that said they would think about bringing back the FJ if the Bronco was a success and it was at least a sales success besides all the other problems so Toyota might do it but it will probably be about like 3-7 years if they use 90% of the parts from the 4 runner or other models. But if they need to make new parts and design from the ground up it will be at least 10 years. But I will stick with my wrangler for now since it has been good to me so far.

Sponsored

DUNE RAP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL 2DR RUBICON
I donā€™t think the Bronco is ugly but other than the front grill and big tires there is nothing special about it. The Jeep has that iconic design that just works and looks badass! There will never be a replacement for a Jeep!

Omotose

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited Extreme Recon
Agreed. Iā€™ve had 2 Broncos, a 66 and a 76. They were cool and thatā€™s what caused me to jump on the bandwagon. But, Iā€™ll tell you Iā€™ve been driving a JK Rubicon since 08 and now that I have ordered the new 21 JL I actually feel better.

Dakota Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I think the new bronco looks way better in person than the online photos. The soft top doesnā€™t look good. The bestop with a slight fast back looks really sharp.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I actually really like the look of the Bronco, but of the two Iā€™ve seen in person my initial thought was ā€œthat thing is f***ing huge!ā€

maybe a two door might look more manageable, but the Bronco looks bigger than Iā€™d want to live with. I know itā€™s not that much bigger, but it just looks chunky and like it would be hard to maneuver. And Iā€™m not just thinking around trails, but also city traffic and garages. I expect to see a lot of them at the back of parking lots with the pickups and with extensive corner dings and scrapes.

Last edited:

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Who cares about looks? I sure don't. If "the look" was important Jeep Wrangler would be close to the bottom of my list.
You're in the 1%, not the 99%.

OP, I've seen 3 Bronco's in person now. 2 of them were hideous, 1 was a Sasquatch that was really nice. It just depends on the configuration.
Sponsored