The Lowly 2 door Sport Club!

Cursed_JL

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JL 2-Door Sport, 20' Alfa Giulia, 03' Jeep TJ
Group 1A here! Ordered a 6-spd 2-Door Sport in High Velocity a couple weeks ago. The only option being Sirius XM. This will be a third vehicle to replace my 03 TJ - mostly used for beach cruising and light trail use. Delivery times seem to be all over the place, anywhere from 8 weeks to 6 months+ so I'll hopefully have it by late spring.
Sponsored

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
Group 1A here! Ordered a 6-spd 2-Door Sport in High Velocity a couple weeks ago. The only option being Sirius XM. This will be a third vehicle to replace my 03 TJ - mostly used for beach cruising and light trail use. Delivery times seem to be all over the place, anywhere from 8 weeks to 6 months+ so I'll hopefully have it by late spring.
There definitely seems to be no rhyme or reason to how long it takes. Mine took 6 months, but some folks on this forum have gotten them in 8-10 weeks. Good luck! Hopefully it's sooner rather than later!

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
Question: I'm generally very against putting stickers or decals on vehicle paint, but I have a Manual Gearbox Preservation Society decal that I really want to put on the Jeep.
I've put one on every manual I own.
It's a 6" round decal. I normally put it on the bottom right of the rear windshield, but with the vinyl of the soft top window I don't know if it'll hold or be a good idea?

Thoughts? Where have any of you put stickers or decals on your Jeeps before?

IMG_0259.jpg

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Question: I'm generally very against putting stickers or decals on vehicle paint, but I have a Manual Gearbox Preservation Society decal that I really want to put on the Jeep.
It's a 6" round decal. I normally put it on the bottom right of the rear windshield, but with the vinyl of the soft top window I don't know if it'll hold or be a good idea?

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! IMG_0259
The passenger side right under the taillight is a good spot, and congrats on getting your Willys, looks great! Be sure to verify that all your fuses are fully seated, it's common to have several that aren't and will cause problems down the road. And wow, that was a long wait, our order took about 8 wks, but like you said, it's worth it!!!

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
The passenger side right under the taillight is a good spot, and congrats on getting your Willys, looks great! Be sure to verify that all your fuses are fully seated, it's common to have several that aren't and will cause problems down the road. And wow, that was a long wait, our order took about 8 wks, but like you said, it's worth it!!!
Thanks for the advice! And thank you!
I’ve heavily enjoyed driving a variety of vehicles through the years, but the jeep takes the cake by far

Sponsored

Swisskidd

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
57 Corvette, 23 JL Sport Base Earl
Occupation
Automotive Restoration
There definitely seems to be no rhyme or reason to how long it takes. Mine took 6 months, but some folks on this forum have gotten them in 8-10 weeks. Good luck! Hopefully it's sooner rather than later!
My 2 Door Sport with HT only; took exactly 3 moths from placing order to vehicle pick up; as another reference.

Last edited:

Swisskidd

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
57 Corvette, 23 JL Sport Base Earl
Occupation
Automotive Restoration

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! IMG_0259
Not really a decal fan but love this one! Please share your source, if you wouldn’t mind.
Decals on plastic windows will leave a permanent mark behind, once they get removed after a few years. We purchased a used JK where the PO had stickers all over the plastic windows and the dealer removed them - shadows still on plastic. Something to keep in mind.

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
Not really a decal fan but love this one! Please share your source, if you wouldn’t mind.
Decals on plastic windows will leave a permanent mark behind, once they get removed after a few years. We purchased a used JK where the PO had stickers all over the plastic windows and the dealer removed them - shadows still on plastic. Something to keep in mind.
Save the manuals!
And thanks for the advice! Definitely not looking to put it on the plastic windows.
https://tmgps.org/
They have all kinds of stuff. They even do vehicle posters where they can color match your Jeep. I’ll have to take a picture of it when I get home.

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Currently in Group B, but I gots a JLR for Rubicon, optioned with 4:88 gears, added 35 GY Duratrac's and Fuel Wheels...at this stage of life with 55 years of SWB Jeeps, and Jeeping from Mexico to Europe Alaska, Hawaii, Asia my driving skills are honed to a fine edge.
Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! IMG_5825.JPG

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
@J.Ferreira
Congrats on the new vehicle delivery.

Avoid decal placement on soft vinyl, as suggested. I agree with positioning it under the pax-side tail light. I've done the same with a "2.0T" decal that mimics the YJ-era factory decals.

Alternately, your decal might look a bit better occupying the space where Toledo places the Willys decal. This compels removal of the same on your Jeep, but it also limits the number of decals on the vehicle, which is a stated concern of yours. A net zero outcome.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! Willys 4WD decal reference

Sponsored

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
@J.Ferreira

Avoid decal placement on soft vinyl, as suggested. I agree with positioning it under the pax-side tail light. I've done the same with a "2.0T" decal that mimics the YJ-era factory decals.

Alternately, your decal might look a bit better occupying the space where Toledo places the Willys decal. This compels removal of the same on your Jeep, but it also limits the number of decals on the vehicle, which is a stated concern of yours. A net zero outcome.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! Willys 4WD decal reference
I’m thinking under the taillight 🤩
It sounds like a good spot for it!
Just gotta wait for it to warm up a bit around here. They don’t always stick well in the cold.

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
@J.Ferreira

Willys 4WD decal reference.jpg
I ended up putting it under the pax side taillight as suggested, and I think it looks really fantastic there!
And also, as promised, a picture of the poster also in Hydro Blue.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! IMG_0262

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! IMG_0260

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
I've got about 150 miles down, and remembered when I got home today to pop open the hood and check the fuses.
I swear I was able to push each one in like a 1/16"!
Such a great thing to point out, thanks for the reminder!

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I've got about 150 miles down, and remembered when I got home today to pop open the hood and check the fuses.
I swear I was able to push each one in like a 1/16"!
Such a great thing to point out, thanks for the reminder!
Yeah, mine were pretty good but had 3 or 4 that needed that final click, seems like the problem has gotten worse over the years, mine's a 2019 and I guess having fuses fully connected isn't high on the list as of late :(

Par-T-Rex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander

Each day more fun than the last.
Sponsored