multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
My first jeep, a 2006 TJ, was almost as close to group 1A as possible.

2006 Wrangler SE
Manual transmission
2.4L I-4
Soft Top

No options. It didn’t even come with a center console; the only thing down there was the parking brake. What kept it from truly being group 1A was that it came with full doors. Back then, half doors were standard and full doors were the option, but I didn’t pay for full doors and they weren’t on the window sticker. My theory was that someone bought a jeep from the same dealer in the same color and requested to swap for the half doors.

I kept it stock. Man, I loved that jeep, I put it through hell and it did some incredible things off-road. If I remember correctly MSRP was in the $17k range. (Edit: google says it was $18,390. Pretty sure I got it for close to $17 though because no one wanted a base manual jeep).
Sponsored

Last edited:

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
My first jeep, a 2006 TJ, was almost as close to group 1A as possible.

2006 Wrangler SE
Manual transmission
2.4L I-4
Soft Top

No options. It didn’t even come with a center console; the only thing down there was the parking brake. What kept it from truly being group 1A was that it came with full doors. Back then, half doors were standard and full doors were the option, but I didn’t pay for full doors and they weren’t on the window sticker. My theory was that someone bought a jeep from the same dealer in the same color and requested to swap for the half doors.

I kept it stock. Man, I loved that jeep, I put it through hell and it did some incredible things off-road. If I remember correctly MSRP was in the $17k range.
My kinda Jeep.
I WISH half doors were still the standard. I would rock the hell out of half doors year round.

shadango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 2.0T
Hi all. New to this forum aside from lurking.

Do "Sport S" folks qualify for this "lowly" club? LOL

My wife and I had our first Jeep experience way back in 2000 or so.....when our Ford Exploder broke down on a beach trip with our then 1 year old, we needed to rent a 4x4 because the house we were renting was 8 miles up a beach.....4x4 acccess only. And all we coul find at the last minute was a 95 YJ.

WE LOVED IT!!!!! kids and life prevented us from getting any further into Jeeps but I always wanted one, and so did she.

Fast forward 21 years....

My late wife picked out her 2021 Wrangler 80th Anniversary Edition (Sport S) from the lot......Snazzberry Red....nicknamed "Snatch".....March of 2021.

She fell in love with it!

We added RokBlox, vent visors, plastic sill plates/rocker protectors, a hood lock, hood bug shield and a fuel door right off the bat. We also had an oil coating put on the undercarriage and inside frame etc because we live in the rust belt. Not exactly stuff that would make it more of road capable but, we had fund adding this stuff.

As life would have it, she passed just 18 months after buying her Jeep.....so now I have it.

I have since added a Stryker front bumper, with a 13" lightbar integral and am planning a winch. Also installed a RC Front diff skid plate (CANNOT find one for the rear for the life of me!!) and a RC 6 switch light controller....

The stock Bridgestone Duelers have been AWESOME on and off road....I have hung with "the big dogs" off-road in about 97% of the scenarios.....I am amazed at how well this little booger does off road! I am proud to have a Sport! One of our first off-road adventures was Bantam, and we were the ONLY stock Jeep on the trail rides we went on.......huge lifts and tires on all the others and we went everywhere they went. Admittedly, these were not 'MOAB rock climb" style trails.

The hardest part were those first trail-related 'whoopsies" that resulted in scratches or "post manufacturer body mods".....

Looking into how big a tire I can run on the stock rims right now with no lift.....may at some point do a moderate 1.5-2" Mopar lift so I can keep the Mopar Service plan in tact, but then I wont be able to park it in my garage for service...so i am on the fence. Looking at just going wider on the Duellers, or maybe try Duratrac or a Cooper or Kuhmo tire....I dont want "pizza cutters".....due to the road noise.

Every time I drive this Jeep I feel like I am closer to my late wife....she is my co-pilot every time I drive it.

IMG_20230219_180314143.jpg

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

My wife and I had our first Jeep experience way back in 2000 or so.....when our Ford Exploder broke down on a beach trip with our then 1 year old, we needed to rent a 4x4 because the house we were renting was 8 miles up a beach.....4x4 acccess only. And all we coul find at the last minute was a 95 YJ.

WE LOVED IT!!!!! kids and life prevented us from getting any further into Jeeps but I always wanted one, and so did she.

My late wife picked out her 2021 Wrangler 80th Anniversary Edition (Sport S) from the lot......Snazzberry Red....nicknamed "Snatch".....March of 2021.

We added RokBlox, vent visors, plastic sill plates/rocker protectors, a hood lock, hood bug shield and a fuel door right off the bat. We also had an oil coating put on the undercarriage and inside frame etc because we live in the rust belt. Not exactly stuff that would make it more of road capable but, we had fund adding this stuff.

As life would have it, she passed just 18 months after buying her Jeep.....so now I have it.

I have since added a Stryker front bumper, with a 13" lightbar integral and am planning a winch. Also installed a RC Front diff skid plate (CANNOT find one for the rear for the life of me!!) and a RC 6 switch light controller....

The stock Bridgestone Duelers have been AWESOME on and off road....I have hung with "the big dogs" off-road in about 97% of the scenarios.....I am amazed at how well this little booger does off road! I am proud to have a Sport! One of our first off-road adventures was Bantam, and we were the ONLY stock Jeep on the trail rides we went on.......huge lifts and tires on all the others and we went everywhere they went. Admittedly, these were not 'MOAB rock climb" style trails.

The hardest part were those first trail-related 'whoopsies" that resulted in scratches or "post manufacturer body mods".....

Looking into how big a tire I can run on the stock rims right now with no lift.....may at some point do a moderate 1.5-2" Mopar lift so I can keep the Mopar Service plan in tact, but then I wont be able to park it in my garage for service...so i am on the fence. Looking at just going wider on the Duellers, or maybe try Duratrac or a Cooper or Kuhmo tire....I dont want "pizza cutters".....due to the road noise.

Every time I drive this Jeep I feel like I am closer to my late wife....she is my co-pilot every time I drive it.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! IMG_20230219_180314143
Great post and welcome to the Lowlies, and hell yeah, Sport S models make up most of us here I think. Have a blast and nice Lowly Jeep :)

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT

IMG_20230219_180314143.jpg
Snazzleberry right?

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Sponsored

whodewhodewhooo

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Sport 2 Door
Occupation
Turning things off and then on again - IT
Definitely closer to 2.5"-3" of lift from the springs.

No spacers needed, the rake is just from the slope.

Seems like a "1.5 inch in theory" lift got you about 3" in practice.

Do you need spacers in the rear or is that neg rake just due to your driveway slope?

JKJLCamp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL 3.6L M6, 2015 JKU Sahara 3.6L M6
Updated pic of my 2 door with the soft top and tube doors. Loving this more and more every day, had it almost a year now.

46D61CDA-7D35-40ED-B457-93AE26D9733F.jpeg

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Updated pic of my 2 door with the soft top and tube doors. Loving this more and more every day, had it almost a year now.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Lowly 2 door Sport Club! 46D61CDA-7D35-40ED-B457-93AE26D9733F
Wow, just wow!
Everything spot on sir!!

Stengaaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy sonic, soon wrangler Jl 2 door
Does anyone have a hitch rack recommendation? I have a 1,200 mile trip to Florida later in the year and might have a 2nd passenger so the little bit of extra storage would come in handy. And do any let you open the rear door when it’s on and there’s some stuff on it. Have a 23 Willy’s sport on order of the tire size makes a difference

JKJLCamp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL 3.6L M6, 2015 JKU Sahara 3.6L M6
Does anyone have a hitch rack recommendation? I have a 1,200 mile trip to Florida later in the year and might have a 2nd passenger so the little bit of extra storage would come in handy. And do any let you open the rear door when it’s on and there’s some stuff on it. Have a 23 Willy’s sport on order of the tire size makes a difference
I don't have their cargo rack (link below) but I use their bike rack and 1up is one of the best in that regards. Their mechanism allows you to tilt the cargo (or bike) rack downward to help gain access to the tailgate area. Might be worth a try. Spendy, but if I ever need to get a cargo rack this is what I'll be buying. Top notch quality!

https://www.1up-usa.com/product-category/cargo-carriers/
Sponsored