The wait was worth it for your post! Nice additions for sure and I like those "fancy" granite OEM wheels, look proper on your JL. How do you like the 8.4 vs the 7 UConnect? I'm still loving the 7 vs that silly 5It’s about time I do this.
I may have the slowest build on the forum, but whatever. Life gets in the way of a lot of things I try to do.
I came from a ‘89 YJ, that I bought new through AAFES while I was stationed in Germany. When the JL was announced, it had just recently rolled over 300,000 miles.
I started my dream builds online (3.6/manual/Punkin with the “fancy” wheels) and finally made it in to the dealership when they were available to order. I ordered and waited. I get a laugh watching people freak out ordering them now. At least you know what you’re getting into at this point. Those of us that bought the ‘18s were test subjects.
I went with the Sport knowing full well I’d be swapping/upgrading a lot of pieces/parts.
I picked it up with 7 miles on the odometer and it was like stepping into a rocket ship. Going from an ‘89 YJ to the ‘18 JL was eye opening.
I’m putting myself in 2/C category.
It’s a Sport S that started life hoping one day the aftermarket would start putting out accessories for the 2 door. It looked pretty bleak in the beginning. I still don’t believe the aftermarket supports 2 door owners like they could.
Yes, I’m aware how many 2 doors are sold vs. 4 doors and all that. But we’re a viable market for certain.
Mods I’ve done in no particular order.
Originally used a Superchips Flashcal for JL - have since switched over to a Tazer Mini. More options
- Rear seat delete
- Mandatory stubby am/fm antenna, sill guards
- Replaced front plastic bumper with the Mopar OEM steel front stubby bumper
- Goodbye halogen headlights (they were AWFUL), hello Oracle Oculus Bi-LED Headlights
- Auxbeam 8 gang aux switch
- KC FE4s on front bumper
- KC FE3s on A pillar - both with custom decals for the covers from @pixeldecals
- 5”>>7”>>8.4” Uconnect with sat antenna stashed under the windshield cowl a-la @blnewt - also went the extra mile and added the cabin temp sensor.
- Replaced stock dome light with new and improved OEM ‘22 version
- 67 Designs device holders driver/passenger side
- So long terrible plastic steps, welcome take-off Rubi OEM rock rails
- Halogen tail lights swapped out with take-off OEM LED
- Sport fender flares swapped with take-off OEM Rubi fender flares, front and back, with OEM LED
- Rugged Ridge rear cargo liner
- Teraflex 2.5” Sport ST2 Suspension System & Falcon 2.1 Monotube
- BFG 35x12.5 R17 KM3 M/T
- Mopar tailgate reinforcement bracket paired with a Teraflex Alpha HD tire carrier
- Metalcloak narrow width rear steel bumper
I’m certain I’ve forgotten something and there’s still a lot I want to do.
Haven’t blacked out the muffler cause I want to replace it with something. Upcoming mods include winch and winch plate. They’re sitting in a cart - just gotta pull the trigger. I’m also going to replace all the stock steering bits with either Steersmarts or Metalcloak parts. Just have to decide which.
Anyway - there you have it.
Thanks Brad!The wait was worth it for your post! Nice additions for sure and I like those "fancy" granite OEM wheels, look proper on your JL. How do you like the 8.4 vs the 7 UConnect? I'm still loving the 7 vs that silly 5
Are you still rocking that beer keg muffler? If so I'd look into one of those hi tuck exhausts. I love my Magnaflow twin pipe but it could be vulnerable if you drop on a ledge. So far so good here but??
So may great upgrades you've done, keep up the good work there! Oh, and your YJ, looked like you kicked ass w/ that build too!
Thanks!Did you regear moving up to those 35's? Or stock gearing on stock axles?? Looks great!